Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    chest on me was also a weak point..cuz of all the fat on it.. ull feel better about it in time.. its amazing what fat can cover up! good job on the weight loss.. and cooking..

dont overtrain ur chest .. when the fat comes off itll shape up trust me..

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    Thanks. I just did a pyramid on bench(6 sets), then 4 sets of inclines about 1/2 of what I normally do.

The wife asked me this morning if I weighed this morning. I said yes, why? She said you just look skinnier in the belly area. Hopefully I am in fact going to have a nice weight loss week.

Sweet bro.. I remember my wife sAying the same thing to me a good sign

Well we usually go out to my parents for Sunday dinner, and they typically do not cook healthy. Got lucky and had pulled chicken(think pulled pork), beans, cole slaw and macaroni and cheese. But I stayed strong and had 1/2 cup of beans and 8oz. of chicken on half a wheat bun.

Oh and I went the whole weekend without any alcohol. I am really trying to be strict with this.

Good job man.. Fortunately for myself i quit drinking 4 yrs ago.. 1 less thing to have to give up.. Ur gonna wanna be real careful bout that one.. whenever i go places theyre eatn unhealthy i just eat before i leave and tell em im on a diet.. Used to be kinda embarrassing when i was fat.. But now that im not tbey have been shown it was worth it and alot of people are askn me diet advice.. LOL.. Its nothing to be ashamed of.. Not sayn u are.. But i know how it is...

I have figured out that I need to cut my brown rice servings down to 1/2cup at my 10:30 and 1:PM eating times. I am getting too many carbs to stay under my 150. Once I do that I will be perfect. Simple things make a big difference.

Ur rite.. The longer u go the more ull figure out

Official weigh in day tomorrow. Hoping for good things.

Down 5.2lbs from last Tuesday. Sitting at a nice 256.1lbs. this morning. Time to keep pressing on. Make some tweaks hear and there and get those carbs right. I was pleased with the results. I know it won't be 5lbs every week, but man, if I could get another week of 5lbs before it slows down that would be great.

Just to let you know how much diet means.....During the holidays I gave up on the diet and working out from Thanksgiving to New Years. Gained 15lbs. So after the new year I started back January 3rd. Weighed 268lbs. I was determined to get my weight off I put on during the holidays. I looked back at my log, and last Tuesday(2-14) I weighed 261.3lbs. So it took me 7 weeks to lose 7lbs when I thought my diet was good, and it took me one week to lose 5lbs when my diet WAS right. Diet is everything!!!

Down 5.2lbs from last Tuesday. Sitting at a nice 256.1lbs. this morning. Time to keep pressing on. Make some tweaks hear and there and get those carbs right. I was pleased with the results. I know it won't be 5lbs every week, but man, if I could get another week of 5lbs before it slows down that would be great.

Just to let you know how much diet means.....During the holidays I gave up on the diet and working out from Thanksgiving to New Years. Gained 15lbs. So after the new year I started back January 3rd. Weighed 268lbs. I was determined to get my weight off I put on during the holidays. I looked back at my log, and last Tuesday(2-14) I weighed 261.3lbs. So it took me 7 weeks to lose 7lbs when I thought my diet was good, and it took me one week to lose 5lbs when my diet WAS right. Diet is everything!!!

ur rite nsm diet is major.. glad to hear of ur progress and ur rite it will prob slow down but as long as u stick to it it should continue to drop weekly

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Looking good NSM.

Do you like pancakes?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Looking good NSM.

Do you like pancakes?
    I love pancakes.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Approved and will change your life. I promise. Now you are ready to fly..........

Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats (just regular old fashioned oats or quick oats)
    1 cup egg whites (about 7 large eggs)
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese (or 1% if you desire)

Splenda all you want
    drop of vanilla, if desired
    baking powder 1 tablespoon

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot after sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup
    and possibly a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    ur rite nsm diet is major.. glad to hear of ur progress and ur rite it will prob slow down but as long as u stick to it it should continue to drop weekly
    Yeah I figure it will slow down. But if I could get about 2 more weeks of 5 lbs a week I would be stoked. Mind you I have roller coasted down TWICE to 225lbs. Hope I can get back there, because I have a nice blast planned. Don't know if I will wait until 225lbs, but if I can get close before I start that would be great.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Great results in such short time!! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Approved and will change your life. I promise. Now you are ready to fly..........

Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats (just regular old fashioned oats or quick oats)
    1 cup egg whites (about 7 large eggs)
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese (or 1% if you desire)

Splenda all you want
    drop of vanilla, if desired
    baking powder 1 tablespoon

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot after sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup
    and possibly a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Sounds very yummy. Macros should not be that hard to figure out on those.

The one thing I am wondering about this 5.2lbs. Is how much of it is water weight?

dont worry about it.. just keep going.. last week is over u need to be thinking about this week

Oh I am definately going to keep going. In fact my wife wanted me to do a diet for her based on what I am eating. Of course, that's going to be VERY difficult. How do you put a diet together for a woman who is 5', 112lbs and 12% BF. LOL!!!

Not my area LOL.. I did one for my wife and shes havn decent results.. I have to constantly remind myself shes not me and shes not gonna go as hard as i do.. For example she gets migraines and occasionally will drink coke to help it and it was real tuff not to tell her how that was ruining her diet and she was stupid for drinking it LOL.. i tried to be gentle

Yeah, my wife is into Diet Coke.....BIG TIME!!!!

I meant reg coke.. She has pkt allergy so 1 sip of diet coke with aspartame will send her into anaphylactic shock and death... Shes actually allergic to her allergy bracelet! LOL...

Had some really bad cravings tonight, but I stuck to it and ate the right dinner and then had a shake and some almonds before bed.

Good job.. I had bad cravings too for about a month.. Ur body is adjusting stay strong!!

I will. I just had this craving to hit the pantry and just rummage through everything we had.

Well after reading through your accountability log, it looks like I need to be posting some more info in here. Like my macros I eat for the day and my workouts for the day. So here we go to get me caught up for the week

Monday
    Protein 368g
    Carbs 220g
    Fats 73.4g
    Calories 3025 calories

I know its high, but my wife made a pot roast, green peas and mashed potatoes and she RARELY cooks, so I had to eat some. I actually restrained myself somewhat. Only had 3 oz. of roast, 2oz. carrots, 1/2 cup green peas and 2oz. mashed potatoes.

I worked chest on Monday
    Decline-BB--5 sets
    Flat-BB--5 sets
    Incline-DB--5 sets
    Cable flies---3 sets
    15 minutes cardio on eliptical....I was running short on time so I got in what I could.
    I did all my sets pyramid style except for the cable flies.

Tuesday
    Protein---404g
    Carbs----186g
    Fats----62g
    Calories---2,910 calories

Worked back Tuesday

Bent over one arm DB rows
    90x10
    90x10
    90x10

Bent over pulls---Don't know what to really call it. Kind of lay/bend over and there is a pad for your chest. Load the weight and its got handle like a motorcyle on it
    115x10
    115x10
    115x10

Lat Pull down
    150x10
    195x10
    180x10
    135x10---Behind the neck

Close grip rows
    165x10
    190x10
    190x10

T Bar Rows
    115x10
    160x10
    160x10

Abs
    100 crunches
    Cardio-30 minutes
    5 minute warm up/5 min jog at 6.0/3 minutes walk at 3.5, then I alternate walking and jogging(1:30 jog/walk :30)(1:00 jog/walk :30) I do this until I get down to 3 minutes left then I walk the last 3 minutes to kind of cool down. I have really bad circulation in my legs(runs in my family) so my damn calves get to feeling like they are going to explode out of my skin. Its very painful. The jogging doesn't bother me. I could jog longer if my legs would allow me to.

^^ the calf thing i used to get when i started back running.. Theyd get a tight and burning feeling?? Sucked bigtime and i felt i could run longer but the pain was too much.. If thats the same itll go away probably after 6-8 weeks.. I dont think its a circulatory issue.. More an "out of shape" one

In the meantime id suggest u try to incorporate intervals.. Which it sounds as though ur doing a form of them already.. If u can find somewhere (like a park or field) and pick 2 points a distance u feel like u can sprint without stopping.. And sprint from one end to the other and walk back and repeat.. Each sprint and walk back being 1 set.. Try to do 10 sets.. As u progress increase the amt of sets.. Very good cardio! Ud only need to spend about 30 mins doin that.. Once u get in better shape finish the round off with a 10-15 min jog...

^^ the calf thing i used to get when i started back running.. Theyd get a tight and burning feeling?? Sucked bigtime and i felt i could run longer but the pain was too much.. If thats the same itll go away probably after 6-8 weeks.. I dont think its a circulatory issue.. More an "out of shape" one

In the meantime id suggest u try to incorporate intervals.. Which it sounds as though ur doing a form of them already.. If u can find somewhere (like a park or field) and pick 2 points a distance u feel like u can sprint without stopping.. And sprint from one end to the other and walk back and repeat.. Each sprint and walk back being 1 set.. Try to do 10 sets.. As u progress increase the amt of sets.. Very good cardio! Ud only need to spend about 30 mins doin that.. Once u get in better shape finish the round off with a 10-15 min jog...
    It might be the same thing, but I also get these bumps on my leg, like the veins puff up on my skin. You can push on them and they are real soft. Kind of like touching a vein on your arm when your real vascular.

I have done intervals. When I do them I usually do a 30 second sprint at 9-9.5 and then walk 1 minute at a 3.5. Only problem is I can only do about 5-7 of them. Then I go back to walking/jogging the rest of the time. I really HATE cardio so I probably don't do the same cardio routine more than twice a week. I have to mix it up, but I always try and get my 30 minutes in.

personally i love the elliptical.. its the lazy mans cardio.. if it werent for the elliptical id still be fat! if u dont have one i suggest getting one.. really! i dont dread getting on it at all.. its great

personally i love the elliptical.. its the lazy mans cardio.. if it werent for the elliptical id still be fat! if u dont have one i suggest getting one.. really! i dont dread getting on it at all.. its great
    Same with me. It doesn't mess with my legs either. I use it also.

really all u need man...

So I figured I would give an update.

Wednesday

Protein----423g
    Carbs----151g
    Fats-----47.5g
    Calories----2,708

I did Legs today. No cardio on leg day for me.

Thursday---Had to go check a job in Conroe so I was on the road most of the day. I planned a little bit better than last time

Protein---390g
    Carbs----151g
    Almonds----96g....I had an extra serving of Almonds and more eggs than usual.
    Calories----3,090

Hit shoulders and Traps today. 30 minutes on eliptical.

I wanted to know how I tell if I am losing fat and not muscle. Here is my thinking. Tell me if I am correct

If I started out at 260lbs at 20.5% BF, that means I have 207.7 LBM, correct?

So if I do my BF% measurements every couple of week, I want the weight to go down and the BF% to go down also? For example lets say after two weeks of doing this cut my measurements are 250lbs and 17% BF that means I would have 207.5 LBM.

Is that correct?

Thats correct.. And if u lose 10lbs and only 0.2 kg LBM id say u were doing very well..

Just wanted to make sure I understood. I am hoping to do my BF again this coming Tuesday. That will have given me two weeks.

I need to get some of that fiber supplement. LOL!!!

I was up two pounds this morning from Tuesday. Have not strayed from the diet so I don't know why. Did my fasted cardio and a little bit of chest this morning. Been running around today with the wife but still eating what and when I need to.

if i remember correctly tuesday u were down 5lbs rite?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information