Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    Yes that is correct. Weighed this morning and I was back down. Was even below what I started at Tuesday. Hoping to lose 3-5 this week when it's all said and done.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Good deal.. Ur weight will fluctuate.. Sometimes it may even stick for a little while.. Another suggestion i have for u is to take ur measurements:

Neck
    Chest
    Waist
    Biceps
    Thigh
    CalF

This combined with bf% and scale and mirror will give u many difft angles plus u mite want to have the measurements u take now to reflect on 6 months from now .. Even years later.. I have an idea for myself.. In my man cave when i get to the end of my cut im gonna take a pic and put it with my starting pic in my man cave so i always remember where i came from and have it as a reminder of where i can go back to.. Prob put it on the wall behind my elliptical LOL

That's a pretty good idea. I will get some measurements done this week after Tuesday. Also going to try and get my BF% checked again this Wednesday even though its only been 2 weeks. Weekend went well. Another weekend and stayed away from the alcohol and stuck with my diet. My mom actually called and asked me also what I could eat when we went out there for dinner. Cooked me up some chicken so I could do like a chicken salad while everybody else grubbed down on tacos, nachos, chalupas, etc... That makes 14 days straight and not a drop of alcohol. I have to try and figure something out this weekend though. Its my buddies birthday this weekend and they are all wanting to go out. Hoping for a good number tomorrow on the scale. Going to hit the cardio and chest tonight.

Do you happen to know of a good cookbook for bodybuilders? Wanting to get one to kind of give me some ideas on ways to eat protein. I am not very knowledgeable as far as marinades go. I know I am not supposed to be concerned with taste right now, but pain chicken can really wear you down. LOL!!

Theres a recipe section at the top of this forum.. If u find a good cookbook lemme know good work on alcohol.. Be careful next weekend.. I dont drink anymore but i think vodka/tonic would be the lesser of evils..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Theres a recipe section at the top of this forum.. If u find a good cookbook lemme know good work on alcohol.. Be careful next weekend.. I dont drink anymore but i think vodka/tonic would be the lesser of evils..
    Yeah I am going to try and really watch it. Typically I would "pregame" before I even went out and then I would hammer them back once I got there. And I am a beer man, so I will try the vodka/tonic. Maybe just show up late instead of early to kind of cut down the time we are at the bar. Still going to eat right, but I guess the drinks will be a cheat meal for me. LOL!!! I didn't want to cheat until I lost 20lbs., but its hard to get out of going to your best friends birthday party.

Weighed in this morning at 252.7lbs. Down 3.4 pounds from last week. Of course I was hoping for another 5 pound weight loss, but 3.4 is not bad. I plan on checking the BF% tomorrow at the gym. Going to keep going on with this diet. Seems to be working well.

good job

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    make it slimline tonic or any diet soda. Lot's of cals in normal tonic.

Good work btw.

really theres cals in tonic? maybe i was thinking soda water never drank either when i did drink ...

There is another way I know a buddy of mine drinks his Vodka. He mixes Vodka and water together and then he carries around this flavoring that he squirts in there. Its a little triangle shaped container. They have it at all the grocery stores. Seen a couple of commercials for it, but can't remember the name.

What are the macros on Vodka though?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---;591***5
    good job
    So do I just keep with the same calories. I will let you know what the BF% says after tomorrow afternoon.

Depends on the size of a shot! In the UK it's about 60cals each.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

calories are based on LBM.. not fat.. keep them the same...

calories are based on LBM.. not fat.. keep them the same...
    Okay thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Depends on the size of a shot! In the UK it's about 60cals each.
    Sounds good. So if I estimate 100 calories per drink I would probably be estimating right?

That's prob over the top but worst case scenario, yes.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Great day yesterday. Stuck with the diet again. Was sitting at the office and the wife calls and asks me what all I can eat. So I head home after work to get the kids and go to the gym and she has went to the grocery store and stocked up on stuff for me. Frozen borcoli, frozen green beans, frozen cauliflower, frozen asparagus, mushrooms, onion, bell peppers, chicken, etc... And another thing...she is cooking when I come in. She hardly ever cooks!!! So I leave for the gym and just KILL my back. Get home and she has three seperate chicken dishes cooked for me. Got to eat a fresh meal last night(rather than heat up something I cooked over the weekend) and then I put everything up so it would last me the through the weekend. Nice to get a little bit of help with cooking my meals. And she knows to write everything down that she puts in it also. Either that or she just takes pictures of the labels and sends me the pics so I can log my food.

Getting the BF% checked today. I am hoping I lost at least a percentage, more would be nice, but if I could lose at least one it will all be worth it.

good news man glad the wife is helping out.. it makes it easier when u get support from her happy for u..

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    So? did you try the pancakes?

Remember: Consistency is the key and slow wins the race.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post

I have not tried them yet. I will give them a go this weekend when I have time to cook in the morning. I am too rushed in the weekday to cook breakfast. So its usually just boiled eggs oats and whey shake when I get to the office.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post

I have not tried them yet. I will give them a go this weekend when I have time to cook in the morning. I am too rushed in the weekday to cook breakfast. So its usually just boiled eggs oats and whey shake when I get to the office.

Had BF% checked again today...buy same guy at the gym. It read 14.9%...but he always tells me to add 2%. So I figure about 17%. I was really happy since two weeks ago it read 18.5% so really 20.5%. That is what I based my diet off of. So with this new measurement I am now at 252.7lbs at 17% BF. If my calculations are right that means not only did I lose weight I gained some muscle. Check my math to see if I am correct.

All testing is done at the chest, quad area, and then side right around my hip.

Beginning

260lbs @ 20.5%
    260x.205=53.30
    Total LBM=206.7lbs

Two week Measurement
    252.7lbs @ 17%
    252.7x.17=42.95
    Total LBM=209.75lbs

So do I adjust my eating or should I just keep with the way I am going.

I told the wife that for my anniversary present I want to get my body fat checked in the water testing. Its like $100 at The Cooper Institute here where I live.

I am very happy with these results. The guy told me he could tell I had lost some weight.

^^ excellent results moving forward.. (and ur calculations are correct )

from what i have heard ( i have a competitive BB'er where i work) he told me the "Bod Pod" is the most accurate way to tell wat ur bf% is.. i went and it cost $35.00 .. took half an hour...

So do I adjust my calories based on my new LBM?

Id leave it where it is for now.. I didnt adjust my cals at all thru the whole 18weeks or so until i started this carb cycle im currently doing.. Its working for u.. Dont change it

Just got word that my buddy is not going to do anything for his birthday. Going to spend it with his wife since he has been traveling for work so much. So no worries about drinking this weekend. Keeps me right on track to where I need to be going.

good deal..

Not seeing any weight loss so far this week. Diet has been on point to. I stayed strong last night. The wife wanted a frozen pizza for dinner. I swear I could taste it in my mouth. I could have ate the whole thing. Of course she has will power and only ate a quarter of it...350 calories. I ate my chicken salad with Franks Red Hot Sauce.

Going to miss my workout day due to an orientation at school for my son who will be entering middle school next year. Going to eat a little bit lighter today because the burn will not be there. I am hoping for a loss tomorrow, but from what I have seen on the scale this week, I am doubtful. I can't explain it. Diet has been on and I haven't missed a day in the gym.

It happens sometimes man.. Just stay true then all of a sudden ull have a big drop.. Happnd to me like that..

I hope your right. LOL!!!

When did you give yourself a cheat meal? Did you have a certain weight you wanted to lose before your first cheat meal?

After completing 5full weeks without one bite from anythingnot on my diet i had 1 cheat.. Then went another 4 weeks..

Well the scale said 251.8lbs this morning. That is only down .9oz. Hell that could be water and not actually fat. My weight loss has slowed each week after the first one. What do I need to change to get those 2-3lb losses per week? A lot of hard work and discipline just to lose 9 ounces. Need some advice on this one.

Have u been 100% on diet and workout?

Have u been 100% on diet and workout?
    Yes, diet is very much good. The only that happened was I missed one cardio session last week and then I did not get to workout last night, but I did do 30 minutes on the treadmill when I got home.

I cant remember but is this ur first week without much of a loss?

Here is what I have done

START
    2/14---261.3LBS
    2/21---256.1LBS.....LOST 5.2LBS
    2/28---252.7LBS.....LOST 3.4LBS
    3/06---251.8LBS.....LOST 0.9LBS

So it has gone down every week since the first week.

LOL.. So wat ur telln me is in 3 weeks uve lost 9.5lbs and ur concerned about ur progress give it some more time.. U dont want to and wont lose 3-5lbs every week.. It took me 4-5 weeks to lose 10lbs man

Depending when u do ur cardio and the duration now could be a good time to increase it.. If ur only doing 30 mins id suggest increasing to 45..

Did you do your cardio last night and weigh this morning?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Did you do your cardio last night and weigh this morning?
    Yes I did cardio last night around 8:15, then ate a tuna burger and some frozen green beans.

I always count my weigh in week on Tuesday. Why do you ask about the cardio?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information