Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watch me grow.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamdetermined View Post
    So I'm going to give a detailed update in regards to my progress..

right now I am happy with my progress but it has been kind of trial & error with nutrition...

personally I find my body is very sensitive to carbs and it grabs as soon as I introduce a lot of carbs

for about 3 weeks 40 % of my calories were coming from carbohydrates and I put on about 2-3kgs I wouldnt say majority of it was from fatvbut I defiantly looked a lot chunkier... I was not happy with this. I thought it was what I wanted but really I don't want to be a 'big' girl well not big but you know what I mean.

in De***eber I was on a ultra low carbohydrate diet with no re-feeds and I know how shocking that was mentally not to mention the relapse of it all so I decided to take the same approach but only having carbs PWO and having one re-feed a week.. my body responded great to this !!

I have been following the training program above with an extra day of shoulders .. my cardio has been limited to 1 hour low intensity, 1 HIIT, and 3 cycle classes.

Right now I am prob 17 b/f according to my bathroom scales don't know how trust worthy they though..

This week being easter and all I relaxed a bit with the dieting but I am back at it tomorrow with a few extra low intense cardio session to loose more body fat

my diet is this now:

I work out fasted, don't tell me I should have food before I train .. I simply work better without it

Breakfast PWO

100 g chicken
    150 g mixed veg
    100 g sweet potato

snack

tuna

lunch

120 g salmon
    150 g mixed vegetables

snack
    40 g almonds

dinner
    150 g white fish
    150 g mixed vegetables

and my re-feed day on sunday will be

breakfast
    100 g chicken
    200 g vegetables
    250 g sweet potato

snack
    rice cakes/corn thins w tuna

lunch
    100 g chicken
    200 g veg
    150 g brown rice

dinner
    fish/chicken
    vegetables

I have also been supplementing with ALA with my carb meals as well as chromium
    Take L-Glutamine & tend Before & after I workout as I do not drink whey anymore or any un natural foods as it irritates my stomach I have IBS

it is a great thing to be intuned to your body. looks like you are gaining some muscle mass in your back/shoulders from that pic posted above. there are some threads out there that outline carb cycling and show how others do it, and it sounds like it is working for you. just stick with it and you will wreak the rewards. hope you are safe with all the floods and just remember, shit floats!!! hahaha

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Your room is a mess.....
    yeah, i was noticing that too.

time for you to bring in the garden hose and hose out all those beef jerky wrappers! =)

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    No fat chicks

Iamdetermined is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    it is a great thing to be intuned to your body. looks like you are gaining some muscle mass in your back/shoulders from that pic posted above. there are some threads out there that outline carb cycling and show how others do it, and it sounds like it is working for you. just stick with it and you will wreak the rewards. hope you are safe with all the floods and just remember, shit floats!!! hahaha
    Yeah it really is, I know exactly what my body wants & needs and this is through constant experimenting and getting to know my inner self... but thats a whole different subject lol..

Yeah Im fine I live in the city .. I just work in emergency services...

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    No fat chicks
    damn straight lol.. I was in my brothers room

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    yeah, i was noticing that too.

time for you to bring in the garden hose and hose out all those beef jerky wrappers! =)
    I can't laugh because I don't know what beef jerky wrappers are lol ?

damn straight lol.. I was in my brothers room

I can't laugh because I don't know what beef jerky wrappers are lol ?
    lol i dont get what he was saying either because i dont see any in your pic but here is beef jerky lol

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    lol i dont get what he was saying either because i dont see any in your pic but here is beef jerky lol

who cares about beef jerky .. I was looking through your album and you have come so far !!!! comparing your first picture to your current one now is wonderful ! you should be so happy with those results

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Glad to see you back logging again. Looks like you've definitely made some progress!

Re: a lot of trial and error: it's always like that, and that is the ONLY way. Ask anybody who has seen success in this game - they will tell you they spent the first few years not knowing what they were doing, experimenting, trial and error, finding what works for them, and what doesn't. So, don't feel like you've wasted time - again, it's the only way to go.

Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    Glad to see you back logging again. Looks like you've definitely made some progress!

Re: a lot of trial and error: it's always like that, and that is the ONLY way. Ask anybody who has seen success in this game - they will tell you they spent the first few years not knowing what they were doing, experimenting, trial and error, finding what works for them, and what doesn't. So, don't feel like you've wasted time - again, it's the only way to go.

Keep it up!
    I agree 100% what works for one person might not work for another but I now know if I fail it's not because I wasn't working hard enough or wasn't disciplined enough. Its simply because somewhere in my body wether its hormone related, gentetics or what not it doesn't function like someone else and I'm glad I've come to terms with that.

who cares about beef jerky .. I was looking through your album and you have come so far !!!! comparing your first picture to your current one now is wonderful ! you should be so happy with those results
    lol thanks so much. every now and then i have that crazy drive in me like you do right now and thats whats got me to transform. i am happy with what i have accomplished so far but as your learning, going to learn, or already have learned your never really happy lol you know what i mean.

as your big post you made what i have found to work best for me when i hit a wall and couldnt lose anymore weight was only eating carbs PWO and they are low and i also only refeed once a week and on days that i dont train besides the refeed day i did eat any carbs. i used fats as energy. so just so you know someone else following your progress has had success with what you think is working for your body so dont give up on that idea

Quote Originally Posted by Standby

lol thanks so much. every now and then i have that crazy drive in me like you do right now and thats whats got me to transform. i am happy with what i have accomplished so far but as your learning, going to learn, or already have learned your never really happy lol you know what i mean.

as your big post you made what i have found to work best for me when i hit a wall and couldnt lose anymore weight was only eating carbs PWO and they are low and i also only refeed once a week and on days that i dont train besides the refeed day i did eat any carbs. i used fats as energy. so just so you know someone else following your progress has had success with what you think is working for your body so dont give up on that idea
    Haha now & then ? Get back on the bandwagon !!! Yeah I agree I'm never happy because I know I can achieve more just comparing myself now to what I was a year ago makes me so .. Excited ? Knowing that ill only become Mentally n physically Stronger is a very satisfying feeling to me and giving up is not an option !

Oh that's good to hear a lot of people don't agree with the way I eat but it sure works .. I never get fatigued, I don't use pre workout or anything so it doesn't effects my energy levels what so ever

Haha now & then ? Get back on the bandwagon !!! Yeah I agree I'm never happy because I know I can achieve more just comparing myself now to what I was a year ago makes me so .. Excited ? Knowing that ill only become Mentally n physically Stronger is a very satisfying feeling to me and giving up is not an option !

Oh that's good to hear a lot of people don't agree with the way I eat but it sure works .. I never get fatigued, I don't use pre workout or anything so it doesn't effects my energy levels what so ever
    lol im trying to jump back on it easter dinner reminded me how good all that food is tho lmao.

eat like i this i never had an energy problem either. i also got very good pumps when working out. i guess for some people it work some it doesnt. definitely worked for me tho. and by the sounds of it works for you too. just another thing you can resort to. as you try other stuff if they arent working good you can always fall back on this

Hey everyone

Hope you have all been training hard

In two weeks time when my partner gets back I am changing my routine to something more structured. Could you give me feedback on both my routine and diet (see attached) if you have time

also if anyone has any good oblique routines I really need to work on them.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	122515

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	122516

Name:	33.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	122517

damn woman you are organized!!!!! i like how you have everything laid out but i think you may want to up the fats some, maybe to about 40g. obliques, hmmmm, laying russian twist, standing russian twist, bicycle crunches, lying scissor kicks, lying leg lifts (and hold for 10-15sec), hitting golf balls, it looks stupid but when standing try to touch elbow to the side of your thigh (go from L to R, kind of like dancing retarded!), side plank, plank with a leg lift out to the side, and prob some others i left out.

Razor is offline Banned
    Damn tell me about it!! Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    damn woman you are organized!!!!! i like how you have everything laid out but i think you may want to up the fats some, maybe to about 40g. obliques, hmmmm, laying russian twist, standing russian twist, bicycle crunches, lying scissor kicks, lying leg lifts (and hold for 10-15sec), hitting golf balls, it looks stupid but when standing try to touch elbow to the side of your thigh (go from L to R, kind of like dancing retarded!), side plank, plank with a leg lift out to the side, and prob some others i left out.
    At the moment I will continue to go without the extra fat, I'm not lifting that heavy at the moment and I will be doing cardio for the rest of this week and next week with about 2 or 3 sessions of weights and then I will hit it hard with the above workout plan and diet plan.

The week after next (when I start my workout plan) I will add a bit more fat in my diet I guess .. because you are right fats are lacking but only in the form of fish oil/EFA tablets because I am very against nuts for the sole reason it is a downfall for me, once I start I cannot stop which makes me go over my calorie surplus. My outlook on food is that if you enjoy food you will eat more of it so just don’t even buy it or even taste it ! Just because nuts are so called ‘healthy’ it gives you that thought ‘ohh its okay to eat nuts they are healthy, it’s not cake’ WELL IF YOU EAT 100g of them you may aswell eat something that is forbidden then feel bad about it and not do it again !!! anyways I will stop rambling on now.

In about 6 weeks time I will then embark on another diet plan which I will tell you all about soon I just got to study it more which consists of LOTS (7cups at a time) OF VEGETABLES yay (sarcasm) but nothing worth doing is ever easy, true ? got to constantly raise the barrrr !

thanks for the oblique exercises I shall do them tomorrow

Anyways I read something cool yesterday called ‘Fat loss by Mind Power’ good E-book encourage you all to read it for those who struggle with losing fat because you over indulge or end up binging, after reading it I felt strong and in control.

Hey everyone,

I am back (once again) I know I have neglected being on here but it’s only because I’ve been going through a tough time with dealing with my negativity against my body, jumping into things too soon and really not knowing what I want in terms of gym, life and everything in between.

I must say I have been feeling wonderful this past week and I have been having really intense workouts; I haven’t felt this good in ages.

This year I have been searching for answers, answers which will unlock my happiness. It is very easy to get caught up in going to the gym, comparing yourself to others, trying to be perfect and making the gym your whole life. I have come to realise the gym is a tool in one’s life (well my life) I have lots of thoughts that run through my head and exercising empties my brain, when I’m in the gym I’m not thinking or focusing on anything but WORKING OUT. It is my sanctuary, I wake up every morning at 4 am regardless of any circumstances because I want to feel good, and I want to achieve something early in the morning. At first me going to the gym was because I wanted to look good and lose weight but now I have come to realise its more than that. I know I look good and I have accomplished so much and there is things that I want and can improve on but in order to improve these things I must not be scared, I must plan, I must have goals and continue to search for an understanding. Exercising fulfils me by building my body and my mind, how the pursuit of trial and error through exercise and nutrition conditions my body; my mind and gives me that sense of struggle and that lets me embrace perseverance, hope, realising things take time and a empire must be built. The most valuable lesson I have learnt though in these past couple of months is stop being in denial and identify your weaknesses, really look really deep inside yourself and realise what type of person you are and KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING these three things will set you free ! In life you got to strategically plan if you are the type of person who thinks too much, over analyses, has potential but let’s time pass them by without achieving what you could have had and only really getting a ‘taste’ of what you truly desire you need to make a STRATEGIC PLAN literally get a piece of paper Identify your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and write down what you really want and how you are going to get there… I suggest if anyone is frustrated, upset with themselves and confused to invest some time in researching and creating a strategic plan.

So all in a nutshell: Be honest with yourself, put your thoughts onto paper, organize your thoughts, use your thoughts to guide you through life, have goals; plan your goals and use the gym as a tool to empty out your frustrations, clear your mind and just LET GO OF IT ALL.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Very well put. . . .

Sums it up for myself quite closely also.

When I go to the gym, everything other than working out stays outside. . . Could be a good or a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    Very well put. . . .

Sums it up for myself quite closely also.

When I go to the gym, everything other than working out stays outside. . . Could be a good or a bad thing.
    Thanks..
    I believe it’s a good thing.. Use the gym as a tool to give you a break from everything else going on in your life, it’s your time to become empty but make sure don’t take your PROBLEMS (eg not looking the way you want to, preforming crap) from the gym into other aspects of your life… yes nutrition, sleep, supplements, research etc. all need to be incorporated into our lives outside of the gym to enhance our physique but to make sure it doesn't effect you to a point where you are unhappy.. that's why I believe its beneficial to strategically plan so things are manageable, you have a clear direction and you only need to worry about what needs to be done today without being overwhelmed.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    was your room messy, i didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    was your room messy, i didn't notice.
    Yep, messy room; messy life. I cleaned my room, my life is now clean. Haha

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    We all got start somewhere ;-)

Hey guys

I have created a new workout routine can you all give me some feedback ?

MONDAY – CARB DEPLETION DAY
    LISS Cadio

TUESDAY

Tabata/whatever I want day

WEDNESDAY - LEGS

2 x 12 - point feet in, quads parrell, close stance to work outer quad (place a bench to ensure i go down as far as parallel)
    3 x 12 - point feet out, wide stance, half squat to work inner quad

3 x 12 - Split squats
    Superset with
    3 x 12 - body weight squats supported with yoga ball

3 x 10 – dead lift

Light weight leg press close stance for 2 minute straight

THURSDAY - SHOULDERS & TRICEPS

5 x 12 - Dumbbell press
    Superset with
    5 x 12 - Dumbbell side laterals

5 x 12 - Rear delt row
    Superset with
    5 x12 - Front raises

4 x 10 - Overhead dumbbell extension with dumbbells
    Superset with
    4 x 10 - Close grip bench press

3 x 12 - Close grip chin ups
    Superset with
    3 x 12 - Tricep dips

Friday
    Rest

SATURDAY - CHEST & BICEPS
    (superset biceps with each exercise)

3 x 12 - Incline chest press machine
    Superset with
    3 x 12 - Dumbbell curls

4 x 12 – standing fly
    Superset with
    4 x 12 - Lying cable curls 4 x 12

4 x 12 – incline fly
    Superset with
    Angled bicep curls 4 x 12

4 x 12 – wide grip chest press
    Superset with
    4 x 12 - Preacher curl

SUNDAY – BACK w/ delts & triceps – CARB LOAD DAY

5 x 12 - Lat pulldowns
    5 x 12 – behind the head lat pull downs

4 x 12 - Bent over barbell rows
    4x 12 – upright row

3x 12 - Close grip pulldowns -
    3 x 12 - Seated cable rows

5 x 12 - Overhead tricep
    5 x 12- Tricep pulldowns

5 x 12 – hyperextensions

you are definitely looking ripped in your new avi! congrats. my only suggestion is to switch your leg day and back day. your body may want that carb load day when you are using your biggest muscles, aka, your legs. proud of the way you have changed your lifestyle and you really seem to be killin it! like your name states, you really sound determined about this. stay positive and stay lookin hot!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information