Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IF progress log

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Good Job posting pics.... that'll keep you accountable for sure... you should put of progress pics every 2 weeks.

hex
    hex is offline Associate Member
    thanks man they are a little old i have a loaner phone atm with no camera. otherwise i would post some from today pretty stoked with seeing the 220 this morning

hex
    So i decided to post it for critique. as stated before i do fasted cardio 5x a week... Mon-Fri.
    Workout Routine
    I do each exercise starting at a relatively Low-Mod weight adding 5-20lbs depending on the muscle till 5rm is reached, capping lower weights off at 15reps. 10-15 sec break between each set and 120 sec between exercises
    Monday- Chest
    Bench Press, Flat- Barbell
    Bench Press, Incline- Dumbbell
    Overhead Extension, Flat- EZ Bar
    Cable Flies, Lower Position
    Dips- 4 sets to failure one weight
    Tuesday- Back
    Deadlift, Stiffleg
    Rows, Cable- Wide Grip
    Lat Pull Down- Wide Grip
    One-Arm Rows
    Pull ups- 4 sets to failure one weight

Wednesday- Biceps/Triceps
    Curl, Standing- EZ Bar
    Preacher Curl, Seated- EZ Bar
    Hammer Curls, Weird Bar that allows to add free weights for this not sure what its called
    Skull Crushers, Dumbbell
    Pull Down, Rope
    Pull Down, V-Bar

Thursday- Shoulders
    Front Raise, Barbell
    Shoulder Press, Seated- Dumbbell
    Shoulder Press, Seated behind neck- Barbell
    Lat Raises- 4 sets to failure one weight

Friday- Legs
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Laying leg curl
    Leg extension
    Seated calf raises

Saturday- Abs and HIIT
    Various exercises depending on mood always done 15r with 3 sets and with weights be it kettle medicine or other
    HIIT- 20 min boxing, 20 min treadmill 90 run 60 rest

All these except Saturday are done in the AM during my fasted state with only 10g bcaa and Saturday is done after my first meal

hex
    Just got back from the grocery store. Picked up everything I needed. Now time to put the foreman grill through a bit of a workout. I have only ever made rice for about two days worth. How long will it keep in the fridge?

hex
    so today my workouts felt great, and come meal time i felt satisfied with each meal no need to force down any food. looking forward to tomorrows workout. but in that light i need my beauty sleep.

Till Tomorrow

hex
    Up and ready to hit up the gym!!! Thank God its starting to warm up in this god forsaken city day by day, makes getting out of the blankets a little easier...

hex
    So while i was at the gym this morning i decided to use that bf scale thingy they have i used it a few weeks back when i was 235 and i was at 27.5% now 15 pounds lighter i figured its not accurate but using the same machine could show how much i have lost compared to last time... well needless to say i will NEVER stand on that thing again lol 220 on that scale and it said i am at 38.6%BF lmao and i cant see that by any means. just thought this is why we should use calipers (buying some this weekend)

hex
    So i was going through some pics from last year and since i am always camera shy i did find one from last november when i decided to change things around. motivation factor of 10 for meClick image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000203.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	120724

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Nice wiener!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

hex
    it was tasty!!! lmao

hex
    Well yay me! Up nearly an hour before my alarm. Looking forward to doing some legs today! Yesterday's back routine has my traps lit up, feels great. Well I will type at you later I think I am going to laze in bed for 45 min

asianbro is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hex View Post
    So while i was at the gym this morning i decided to use that bf scale thingy they have i used it a few weeks back when i was 235 and i was at 27.5% now 15 pounds lighter i figured its not accurate but using the same machine could show how much i have lost compared to last time... well needless to say i will NEVER stand on that thing again lol 220 on that scale and it said i am at 38.6%BF lmao and i cant see that by any means. just thought this is why we should use calipers (buying some this weekend)
    The best way to measure your Body weight and the consistency of it, Choose a day of the week that you are not working out. Check your wait when you get up in the morning after you go to the loo, before drinking anything. This will ensure that there is no other things affecting your weight, ( can be annoying if it says you gone up because you had lots of water to drink during your gym session). Plus get your self machine to weigh your self as well.

hex
    so i was really happy with my day got some extra chicken in meal one got me closer to my 2300 cal mark. but i may hit a slight hiccup this sat night... i finally scored a date with this girl i have been trying to get with for over a year and we are going out for dinner. now is there any items i should avoid like the plague, and others i should keep my eye open for? i wont be drinking i am driving so that wont be a concern.

Avoid garlic or else it may keep her away. Go with the oysters
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

hex
    lmao thanks SteM!!! advice shall be taken to dinner and beyond

hex
    well tonight sucks, first time i have been this hungry before bed... hell i would even eat more cottage cheese if i could lol

hex
    well nothing much to say beides, boo! this blows. winter is giving us one hell of a kick in the ass before he goes away. looks like i be taking the bus to the gym today. i was really getting excited to get a whole 5 days fasted cardio in for once. next week!

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    How are you liking the IF so far? I've come to like it quite a lot now..I mean the hunger kicks in aound the 15 hour mark for me, but at that point it's just an extra hour...no big deal. Anyway, good luck and keep it up!

well tonight sucks, first time i have been this hungry before bed... hell i would even eat more cottage cheese if i could lol
    I get hungry before bed almost every night... I hate it, but I think I may be a little to calorie deficient but whatever... I'll be okay.

On a calorie deficit you are going to be hungry at some point it's how you deal with it that counts. I'd rather be hungry at bedtime when I can sleep and not think about it. Much worse to be hungry at midday for the rest of the day!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    On a calorie deficit you are going to be hungry at some point it's how you deal with it that counts. I'd rather be hungry at bedtime when I can sleep and not think about it. Much worse to be hungry at midday for the rest of the day!
    Agreed... So far I'm a huge fan of this IF. I think I'll stay eating this way forever, obviously increase calories for maintenance and might break a few meals here and there but I like this a lot. Sorry hex, not trying to Hi-jack your thread.

hex
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    How are you liking the IF so far? I've come to like it quite a lot now..I mean the hunger kicks in aound the 15 hour mark for me, but at that point it's just an extra hour...no big deal. Anyway, good luck and keep it up!
    love it! best diet structure i have found, i am excited to see how far i can take it.

hex
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    Agreed... So far I'm a huge fan of this IF. I think I'll stay eating this way forever, obviously increase calories for maintenance and might break a few meals here and there but I like this a lot. Sorry hex, not trying to Hi-jack your thread.
    no worries, i am in the same mind set. i like my three filling meals a day. and i am addicted to fasted workouts now.

no worries, i am in the same mind set. i like my three filling meals a day. and i am addicted to fasted workouts now.
    Yup.... love the fasted workouts!

hex
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    very true, enjoy that when i am just about to get HUNGRY i am maybe an hour away, just as browngirl pointed out. most nights i have no worries about being hungry i am in bed by 10 and up at 6/630am and at that point its a whirlwind of cardio and gym then feeding time!

hex
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    Yup.... love the fasted workouts!
    i have increased at the very least 20% on most my compounds in weight and mustered in a few extra reps here and there. no looking back for this guy.

hex
    so today is my first full day of rest in awhile, not on call for work and no gym. kind of makes me feel out of sorts not knowing how my day is to be played out lol. oh well i am sure i shall enjoy this... and my date is tonight excited about that. but i was curious as to how i should work my meals. should i scale back my meals in consideration of having a dinner out? i am sure what ever i get it will be high calories.

It will be your first cheat meal since when?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

hex
    4 weeks, since I started the IF

Mate, have fun!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

hex
    This may just be enjoyable lol did I hear fillet migon?

hex
    well i feel slightly guilty not going to the gym or even doing any cardio at all today. feels good but my brain says i should have done something at least. i know rest days are needed

hex
    Last night was nothing short of amazing, enjoyed every minute of it and now back to regular life. thanks stem for saying just have fun it felt somewhat needed maybe another month and a bit and ill do it again

hex
    and i am going to start weekly postings on my weight and hopefully bf (if i can find someone to use my calipers for me every week) and pictures will be attached each week i ended up buying a camera yesterday so no more excuses lol

So, manage any kind of gymnastics last night
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

hex
    regular olympian lol i didnt make it home till this morning it was the best workout of the week. got another date next weekend but this time its at home so i am going to stay with my diet and make it look like fancy foods lol but in all honesty she is pretty accepting with the whole idea that i have chosen this lifestyle and nights like last night (eating at restaurants) have to be few and far between. see how it pans out but could be a keeper

hex
    so when i was at the butcher today he had 98% lean ground bison so i picked some up. problem is i cant find a straight answer to the macros for it. would any one know a site or something that will provide this answer? i would like to work it in once or twice a week as a little bit of a change.

hex
    so my week is getting better and better my boss just called me and asked if i could take over nights. i have wanted it for awhile (increase in pay is huge) but now i am left with the task of flipping my schedule. the sleep wont be a problem but not sure if i should do a long fast to flip my IF or if i should just sacrifice and eat through keeping sure my calories dont run to high... this switch also includes a fair bit more work due to all the maintenance work we do at places over night. i would have to say my workload my increase to the point i will need to up my calories but thats something i can keep track of over a couple weeks. any way i should get thinking on this asap since i start tomorrow night lol

hex
    well that was a stupid cold walk this morning, 30 below Celsius think thats around 8F. but i managed to survive. looking forward to starting tonight on my new shift. so i have decided to cut off eating around 5 tonight and pick back up at 240am when my lunch is and start my feeding window then seems like a solid way to do it. got my chest workout in this morning and was able to blast past my bench plateau, was stuck at 140 for a couple weeks and today managed 165 for 6 reps. felt really good too! now is it uncommon to not feel anything in delts and tris after a good chest workout?

hex
    Well my first midnight shift ever starts and i already feel tired as hell.
    Lunch is in the cooler bang on the diet, except my chicken breast is about 5oz. i may add an extra ECA stack in there just to keep the engine running. I am looking forward to getting to the gym in the evening and be in a fasted state i miss the guys in the evenings be a nice change to the seniors in the AM lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information