bruizer is offline New Member

Best Brand of protein powder

I havent bought protein powder for a few years and was just wondering what is out there. The last tub i bought was Bio-x whey which i really liked.

falco21 is offline Associate Member
    The cheapest you could get. I never believed in one brand being better than the other. Whey is whey. Creatine is creatine.

I usually go with the protein from Costco. Very cheap and does the job.

hex
    hex is offline Associate Member
    i am a big fan of blue star abs iso smooth, its a blended with only 1g of fat and carbs and 30g pro per scoop. and the fat is cla which can help

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Glad to see you made it over here to the diet section.

Protein powder is more personal preference, as long as you're buying good quality and IMO good quality is an isolate although some guys argue its not worth the extra money, but whatever I think it is. The you want ot make sure the protein value is right around 90% of the serving size..... for example if the scoop size is 30g then the amount of protein in that serving should be 27g give or take 1 gram either way. You don't want to be buying protein with a serving size of 30g and there is lets says 22g of protein for every 30g scoop... just not good quality.

The personal preference comes down to overall taste and what you like..... hope that helps!

P.S

Since you're in Canada too, there is a good company called Bio X I love their protein powder.... its made in BC... http://www.popeyescanada.com/pro_biox.php

Although for half the price you can get the isolate that costco sells and its very comparable for half the price.... not quite as good tasting though, but still good!

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Price - Costco
    Taste - Isopure

One thing to consider is if you plan on using just whey or if you're planning on using casein as well. Today I got some ON Pro Complex as it is a blend of several different proteins. I've never tried it so I have no idea how it taste, but this might be something that you think about as well.

hex
    hex is offline Associate Member
    hey bert where in BC are you? I just moved to ontario from surrey off topic i know but just realized

Quote Originally Posted by hex
    hey bert where in BC are you? I just moved to ontario from surrey off topic i know but just realized
    Not from bc but the op is. I'm from Alberta

bruizer is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hex View Post
    I live in coquitlam

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've been wanting to go back country boarding at Whistler forever! Once of these days I'll make it, I just gotta teach my woman how to board first cause there's no way in Hell I'm gonna be able to go without her. lol

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Beverly International is very popular with people who are seriously into the lifestyle, but you'll pay a hefty price for it.

I like Optimum Nutrition's products - specifically their Casein and Pro Complex. Myofusion is a little cheaper but decent. Most powders are about equal to be honest - just make sure you know what you're getting.

If you're in the states, check out a site called trueprotein dot com. You can literally 'build' your own protein blends, 100% customizable right down to the sweetener used, vitamins added, etc. Pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Beverly International is very popular with people who are seriously into the lifestyle, but you'll pay a hefty price for it.

I like Optimum Nutrition's products - specifically their Casein and Pro Complex. Myofusion is a little cheaper but decent. Most powders are about equal to be honest - just make sure you know what you're getting.

If you're in the states, check out a site called trueprotein dot com. You can literally 'build' your own protein blends, 100% customizable right down to the sweetener used, vitamins added, etc. Pretty awesome.
    Thats cool, I just checked them out.... they ship to Canada too!

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Same here..
    I use ON almost exclusively for all supps and am very satisfied with them.
    ON Casein - Choc. Cake Batter is crazy good. Just mix with warm water or it clumps.
    I also use the ON Natural Whey. No artificial sweeteners/colors/flavors n tastes good, mixes great

Trueprotein is sweet! Haven't used it yet but love the concept.

I just ordered some protein and Waxy maize from trueprotein.... I'm excited to try it!!! Thanks GB for the site!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    I just ordered some protein and Waxy maize from trueprotein.... I'm excited to try it!!! Thanks GB for the site!
    U gonna let us in on the secret Bert blend?

Whey Protein Isolate Ion-Exchange 90%
    BCAA 10%
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Double Dose heavy)
    and some electrolytes for the fun of it.

Waxy Maize is just pure 100% with Fruit Punch (Double Dose heavy) and Stevia as the sweetner with some electrolyte again.

Nothing special, I've just never tried cookie dough pro powder.... I'm excited

Thread Information