steveouk is offline New Member

best thing to eat about now......

just before 1130pm here in uk and im hungry! goin bed in half an hour at midnight, and will be up at 7 to go work for 8. but whats best for me to eat right now???? had my cottage cheese at about 9pm and may have a whey protien isolate shake just before i go bed but right now i feel hungry as in my cottage cheese didnt really make me feel full and i dont want my shake i want some proper food!! suggestions please!

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Well... you could eat whatever you want, but it depends and what your current goals are.... are you bulking... cutting, maintaining?

Depending on your diet and how many meals you eat, cut something somewhere and add one more meal at the end of the night.

steveouk is offline New Member
    just want to make sure im getting the protien i need whilst sleeping, without eating something to sleep on thats goin make me fat!! or is the best thing to not eat and just make do with the shake? i just feel like i need proper food!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    too broad of a question without enuff info.. what r ur stats, goals, current diet??

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    Well... you could eat whatever you want, but it depends and what your current goals are.... are you bulking... cutting, maintaining?

Depending on your diet and how many meals you eat, cut something somewhere and add one more meal at the end of the night.
    ^^^This!

If you're cutting just take a little less protein out of each meal and add it in at the end of the night.

If you're bulking or even lean bulking add some carbs as long as you're pulling it from other meals.

For the last 9 weeks I'm been eating 1-2 cups of oats right before bed and I'm still dropping bodyfat.

Also...you don't need the shake. More "real" food is always better. I hate having to do shakes, but for me I'm full all the time so I have to take at least one shake a day or I feel like I'm going to explode. If you're hungry....drop the shake and add "real" food and/or cut a bit out of each of your meals throughout the day and add it into one last meal at night.

Think about it. If (for example) you eat 4 oz of chicken breast 6 times a day...cut it to 3 1/2 oz for those 6 meals, and by the end of the day you have an extra 3 oz you can eat right before bed. This won't hurt a bit IMO!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    1-2 cups oats rite before bed! u lucky dog...

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    ^^I'd have to agree....

I hate your face!

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Just adjust your macros at earlier meals and allow for something to be eaten before bed.
    Its really not that big a deal - regardless of your goals.
    Also dont worry about "running out of protein and going catabolic" while you sleep. Its nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Yep. 1 cup on non lift days and 2 cups on lift days with 1-2 cups of skim milk as well. I know it sounds crazy but if you follow my log....I'm still adding LBM while dropping bodyfat. Sure it's a slow process, but it's working. In 9 weeks I've gained about 8lbs and dropped 3% bodyfat.

However, before you call me lucky...I've only got 10 days left on that diet plan. I start hardcore cutting then. At that point I'll be calling you guys the "Lucky Dog". I'll be IFing a carb cycle with my last meal at 6:00 p.m. not eating until 12:00 noon the next day...A FREAKIN 18 HOUR FAST!!!!

I won't even have the ability to use my own advice I just gave this OP. Even my high carb day will be 1000 calories less than what I'm eating now and my low carbs days will be 1500 cals less than what I'm eating now. It's going to be miserable. I'm only hoping the clen will help curb my appetite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Yep. 1 cup on non lift days and 2 cups on lift days with 1-2 cups of skim milk as well. I know it sounds crazy but if you follow my log....I'm still adding LBM while dropping bodyfat. Sure it's a slow process, but it's working. In 9 weeks I've gained about 8lbs and dropped 3% bodyfat.

However, before you call me lucky...I've only got 10 days left on that diet plan. I start hardcore cutting then. At that point I'll be calling you guys the "Lucky Dog". I'll be IFing a carb cycle with my last meal at 6:00 p.m. not eating until 12:00 noon the next day...A FREAKIN 18 HOUR FAST!!!!

I won't even have the ability to use my own advice I just gave this OP. Even my high carb day will be 1000 calories less than what I'm eating now and my low carbs days will be 1500 cals less than what I'm eating now. It's going to be miserable. I'm only hoping the clen will help curb my appetite a bit.
    I'm IFing right now.... so still.... I hate your face .

I can't even get any input in my log... nobody wants to help me

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    I'm IFing right now.... so still.... I hate your face .

I can't even get any input in my log... nobody wants to help me
    Don't feel bad. You're IFing. Very few people get it, or have taken the time to research it. I follow logs, but if I don't know the answer I keep my mouth shut. If people aren't responding to your questions it's probably because they don't know the answer. Be glad you're not getting a bunch of dumbass advice.

Don't feel bad. You're IFing. Very few people get it, or have taken the time to research it. I follow logs, but if I don't know the answer I keep my mouth shut. If people aren't responding to your questions it's probably because they don't know the answer. Be glad you're not getting a bunch of dumbass advice.
    But i love dumbass advice :-D

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Not getting it.

Why Oats at night?

Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Not getting it.

Why Oats at night?
    I workout from 8 - 9:30 p.m. so for me it's a must to get a solid PWO meal. I wasn't really recommending it...it was more to prove a point that carbs won't hurt you even at night. Unless you're carb sensitive of course.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I workout from 8 - 9:30 p.m. so for me it's a must to get a solid PWO meal. I wasn't really recommending it...it was more to prove a point that carbs won't hurt you even at night. Unless you're carb sensitive of course.
    Ha ha, which wise sage told you that

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Oh....i see.

Yeah...i totally agree.

I eat like a Mofo right after my w/o. I load up with Carbs and protein and veggies. My body absorbs and processes all those carbs. I've read this several times in different books lately....and have been told the same by pt's at the gym.

Thread Information