Jato is offline New Member

Need some help with cutting diet

Hi! Could really use some help with my current cutting diet.

Stats
    27 yo
    6'2
    260 lbs
    bf: 22% (could be way off, measured with bf calipers myself)

meal 1 - oats, protein blend, fishoils - 60p 67c 12f
    gym
    meal 2 - oats, protein blend - 60p 67c 9f
    cardio if any
    meal 3 - chicken(eggwhites or tuna) + green beans (sometimes replace with other veggies) - 75p 21c 17f
    meal 4 - chicken + green beans + 2 bananas - 75p 61c 14f
    meal 5 - cottage cheese + almonds - 62p 30c 33f
    meal 6 - chicken + green beans - 75p 21c 14f
    meal 7 - whey protein - 50p 4c 3f

totals 48%p 28%c 24%f around 3800 calories

calculated my caloric req - 4600 calories
    lifting weights 7 times a week, cardio 2-3 times a week 30 minutes - 70% mhr

currently been following this plan 6 weeks, I weigh myself every 2 weeks
    started - 269 lbs
    week 2 -5 lbs
    week 4 -9 lbs
    week 6 +5 lbs (started creatine) could this be water weight?

Did cut 2 years ago -45 lbs in 20 weeks but lost muscle(all lifts went down), this time want to keep as much as i can.
    So fat strength going slowly up, 3 nothches tighter on my gym belt, only thing i don't understand is the weight gain at week 6.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Jato welcome to the forum bro.. At 260lbs @22% bf i have ur tdee close to 3650cals/day.. This is with a 1.55(5day/week) multiplier.. I have only met 2 people on here who actually qualified for A 1.75 multiplier and they were both bulking.. I suggest u also use the 1.55... Curious to how u came up with ur tdee??

I see u lift 7days per week.. Thats something IMO u need to change.. More is not always better.. A 5 day split (i do 4days) should be more than enuff for u to focus on each bodypart.. Esp while cutting.. U want to have time off to not only heal and repair but to give urself a break.. U need it man

That being said and if ur bf is accurate (i suggest getn it chekd for accuracy) with a tdee of 3650cals id suggest u start ur cut @ 2800cals per day..

40/40/20 split puts u at:
    280g pro
    280g carbs
    62g fat

I prefer low carb approach to cutting.. If i were u id run:

380g pro
    180g carbs
    62g fat

Split ur protein equally between 6 meals
    Split ur carbs between meal1, preworkout, postworkout only..

Ur food choices r actuAlly pretty good ( good job!)

Post a diet with mealtimes and workout times included attempting to hit the macros i suggested.. Well dial it in better.. Theres a few things u need to drop and a few u need to move

CARDIO: u need to do it 5-6 days per week.. In the am fasted is my preferred method for fatloss but u can also do it postworkout.. U need to try to get up to 45 minutes.. The elliptical machine is ur friend.. Ive found it to be the easiest

Most online calculators gave tdee in the 4200-5600 range. Went with average. Working physical job and gym thought i qualify for 1.7
    I have been lifting for almost 10 years and always stuck to 4 days a week 4 day split, recently switched to 7 days a week and quite happy with results esp. legs, if progress stops i see myself going back to lifting 4 days a week (with cutting out 1000 more calories more than likely ).
    As far as diet goes if i cut out bananas and almonds and cut rest of my portions to 2/3, i`m already at 380 220 60.
    Mealtimes:
    Meal 1 9:00
    Gym 10:00
    Meal 2 PWO 11:00
    Meal 3 13:15
    Meal 4 17:30
    Meal 5 22:00
    Meal 6 00:00
    Meal 7 01:00
    My breakfast is my pre-workout and the rest of the days carbs come only from greens, tomato sauce and ff cottage cheese.
    With my current schedule i can squeeze in cardio only post workout. Do i take my pwo shake after lifting or after cardio?
    I have no idea where i can get accurate bf measurements, i saw one of those scales in one gym but i think they are even less accurate than me with plastic caliper.

jypoll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato View Post
    Hi! Could really use some help with my current cutting diet.

Stats
    27 yo
    6'2
    260 lbs
    bf: 22% (could be way off, measured with bf calipers myself)

meal 1 - oats, protein blend, fishoils - 60p 67c 12f
    gym
    meal 2 - oats, protein blend - 60p 67c 9f
    cardio if any
    meal 3 - chicken(eggwhites or tuna) + green beans (sometimes replace with other veggies) - 75p 21c 17f
    meal 4 - chicken + green beans + 2 bananas - 75p 61c 14f
    meal 5 - cottage cheese + almonds - 62p 30c 33f
    meal 6 - chicken + green beans - 75p 21c 14f
    meal 7 - whey protein - 50p 4c 3f

totals 48%p 28%c 24%f around 3800 calories

calculated my caloric req - 4600 calories
    lifting weights 7 times a week, cardio 2-3 times a week 30 minutes - 70% mhr

currently been following this plan 6 weeks, I weigh myself every 2 weeks
    started - 269 lbs
    week 2 -5 lbs
    week 4 -9 lbs
    week 6 +5 lbs (started creatine) could this be water weight?

Did cut 2 years ago -45 lbs in 20 weeks but lost muscle(all lifts went down), this time want to keep as much as i can.
    So fat strength going slowly up, 3 nothches tighter on my gym belt, only thing i don't understand is the weight gain at week 6.
    definitly too many fats,

2 bananas that is about 50g of sugar. i think that is too much, even pre/post wo

when you calculated TDEE did you use total bodyweight or LBM?

Drop bananas in meal 4 and add complex ( oats, brn rice, sweet pot) carb to meal 3..

Move meal 5 to meal 7..

Drop whey from meal 7 and have lean protein and veggie and make it meal 5..

At 22% bf if i were u id drop cals to where i said.. The Online tdee calculator ur using is way off if ur bodyfat is correct.. The 3650cals i came up with is actually a high(ish) estimation.. I startd at 213lbs @22% bf and have successfully cut to @ 10% bf eating 2150cals and only 100g carbs with little to no loss of LBM.. IMO 2800 is a good place to start ...U only want to feed the 202.8lbs LBM u have.. The other 57.2lbs is fat..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 03-11-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jypoll View Post
    definitly too many fats,

2 bananas that is about 50g of sugar. i think that is too much, even pre/post wo

when you calculated TDEE did you use total bodyweight or LBM?
    The only fats in my diet come from chicken breasts, 6g fishoils a day and 60 grams of almonds which i already decided to drop. So with those changes my new macros would be 52p 30c 18f. And i took bananas only for potassium, get muscle cramps in serratus muscles and abs sometimes , might as well buy some potassium supplement.
    Calculated tdee using bodyweight, but now using 1.55 multiplier its definetly lower.

U can get ur bf chekd at some gyms or a doc office.. Google BOD POD in ur area.. Like $35 and a half hr..

Thread Information