buffmike is offline Junior Member

Need your guys opinion.....

I am 6'2, about 205, 10-11% bf taking cell tech, ala, glutamine, and multivitamin. I have been following a strict maintenance diet and will continue to do so for about another 3 months (i will decide whether I need to bulk or cut from there). I dont really have a cheat day BUT, I do go out and get wated usually on sat nights (off day). I consider this my "cheat meal". Do you think I'm doing more harm then good by doing this instead of just flat out cheating with real food(pizza, cake, etc), and what type of harm can it do to my gains.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Your doing more harm simply because the calories your getting are absolutely worthless to building muscle. Also, you get dehydrated wich promotes catabolism and it poses stress on a body that is already more stressed than the average just from taking part in the Bodybuilding lifestyle.

BUT, I too like to go out with the guys every once in a while and get a good buzz going on. I think if you limit it, it should have minimal set backs to your training. You should also try and reduce the frequency of your nights out more than a few times a year. 4 times a month now? Reduce that to 1-2 times a month for a couple of 3-4 month periods.

and drinking on cycle is never recommended

buffmike is offline Junior Member
    yes but there exists one problem. I am 20 years old. I think limiting it to one day a week and not cheating with foods cannot do as much harm as anyone thinks. I'm not competing, so I just follow a strict bodybuilding regmin to look good.
    I know alcohol severely dehydrates you, so while I'm out I'm always drinking water, when i get in I down 2 big glasses of water, and have a protein shake. I know its not the best thing to do when your following this plan, but are there any other pointers anyone can offer on how to limit the effects of consuming alcohol. Theres no way I am going to compromise my social life (aka not drinking when i do go out that one night), but any advice would be good.
    Pheedno thanks for the input.

Thread Information