JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member

"Bulk" or not to "Bulk"

Whatsup everybody i've recently been doing a ton of research and reading and trying to figure out exactly what i want to be doing. I've been "cutting" or trying to lose weight for the past 2 years, i used to be a fat boy at 233lbs around 24% bf. After a few years in the military and pulling myself together i got down to around 180lbs but not much muscle, just kinda skinny looking but still chunky. I've been lifting for the past 3 years but don't think i've been eating correctly to build much muscle.

Lets cut to the chase, im bulking for the first time and curious to what other individuals experienced or have any advice.

Stats -

5'11 190lbs at ide guess 16/17%

My diets consisting of around 3000-3200 cals a day

375g protein, 260g carbs, 50g fat

4 turkey bacon, 1 fruit, egg whites, veggie juice - 140c 12f,0c,12p

proteinshake and oat and proein bar - 570 10f,70c,60p

3cantuna, veggies - 300c 60p

12oz chicken 1/2cup rice, veggies 630c 9f 70c 75p

12oz chicken 1/2cup rice, veggies - 630c 9f 70c 75p

casein - 120c 25p
    cup of cottage cheesen - 180 5f 25p
    skim milk - 90c 0f 14c 10p

These numbers are rough but the macros are at the top.

I'm constantly bouncing back an forth with the decision to cut or bulk? i feel like if i cut any lower ill look like a skeleton but if i bulk i don't want to get any "fatter"

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nottin no nodda responses and 130 views? figured i was pretty much on the right track

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    You really have to make the decision for yourself. What do you want more right now size or definition? once you decide that it will be much easier to get advice.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Why do people bump threads after only a few hours? It's the weekend, we have families, jobs and other responsibilities. You may get 1000's of views and only a few replies! *rant over*

Agreed its your choice but starting a bulk at 16% would be a no go for me. 12% or below unless you are coming back from a layoff!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^x2

Ur not gonna be happy (or at least i wouldnt) bulking at 16%.. ur bulk will go alot better and u should feel alot better if u start lean.. Chances are ur gonna put on some fat while bulking which means ur gonna be fatter than u are now when u finish.. The thought of that could also inhibit ur ability to accumulate muscle cuz u will be trying harder not to gain fat..

Thread Information