Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Also, are the caffeine tabs new to you and do you have any other pre workout supplement? You may just be crashing after the stimulant!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Have you changed workout time? Sleeping ok and 7-8 hrs per night?
    Yea sleep isn't an issue, i got about 8 hours and some change last night and got to the gym by 9am, which is my normal time.

Also, are the caffeine tabs new to you and do you have any other pre workout supplement? You may just be crashing after the stimulant!
    I only take my caffeine tabs when I do fasted am cardio, which i didn't do today so I didn't take them. I don't use any pre-workout either.

I have been going pretty hard and havn't had an off day since last wednesday so i'm thinking that might help if i took tomorrow off and just kind of chilled out? ****Oops, correction, Thursday was my last off day.****
    Last edited by JohnnnyBlazzze; 04-03-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Well, if you've suddenly massively upped your activity level and at a high intensity then your Central Nervous System will have had a hammering.

Day off is good sometimes, listen to your body. Take it off, see how you feel then.

Well, if you've suddenly massively upped your activity level and at a high intensity then your Central Nervous System will have had a hammering.

Day off is good sometimes, listen to your body. Take it off, see how you feel then.
    That's what i was thinking. I had planned to take sunday off last week but i was feeling somewhat similar and thursday morning i didn't even want to get out of bed. I took thursday off and it seemed to help, so i'm going to take tomorrow off and re-charge.

As long as i get my 3 lift sessions/PWO cardio and 3 fasting am cardio in, then it doesn't really matter what day of the week i take off.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I was getting dizzy during weight training after i had lost 30 pounds. Not during second week. Maybe you catching a bug....

PS: I too lost 4 -5 pounds in the first week....which was an awesome motivater even if water : )))

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I was getting dizzy during weight training after i had lost 30 pounds. Not during second week. Maybe you catching a bug....

PS: I too lost 4 -5 pounds in the first week....which was an awesome motivater even if water : )))
    Hey girlgy,

I'm not feeling bad or dizzy, just like completely drained like i could fall asleep after my last set almost haha. Today was the worst i felt this way, i usually don't experience this. I think not having an off day in a period of 5 days, training hard everyday, might have something to do with it. Will see how i feel after the off day, probably just going to watch movies and sleep....and of course eat.

I know what you mean, i felt like a kid on christmas the morning of my first weigh in. When i saw the scale was down it was even a better feeling. Makes me that much more excited till the next weigh in, i can't wait.

Day 9

Had decent work out this morning, not the best. Was feeling sluggish and extremely tired, barley able to finish the bicep part of my workout. The PWO cardio was fine though, did HIIT for 15mins immediately following the lift session. Going to take tomorrow off and sleep to see if that helps the sluggishness. Next lift session will be Thursday, the day after rest, so i should be able to gauge what is going on in terms of my energy. No issues with diet as usual, I'm finding it routine and having no problems following the diet, it feels like a habit now. The same goes for my workouts, i'm actually upset that i have to take tomorrow off but i can't go nuts and want to gather my energy back up. Will see how it goes tomorrow!

Just curious, the days i don't lift i'm not having my PWO meal which leaves me about..

1800cals
    270g protein
    66g carbs
    42g fats

Is this to low of cals even if i'm not lifting that day? Basically i only get these macros 4 days out of the week, the other 3 days is my normal macros. Does anybody else not eat there PWO meals on there non lift days? or do you still eat them?

Some people miss out that meal and others (myself included) have it. Your tdee is based over a week not a day so it should all balance out.

I just sub my shake for a solid meal with the sme macro's.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 04-04-2012 at 02:35 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Some people miss out that meal and others (myself included) have it. Your tdee is based over a week not a day so it should all balance out.

I just sub my shake for a solid meal with the sme macro's.
    Thanks SteM, I usually have a little extra chicken or tuna that day. I just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything that would effect my progress.

Off day today, but just got my calipers and looking forward to getting a more real estimate of my BF%. I did a 3 site measurement which includes side chest,abs, and thigh and it said i was 16%? I'm not sure if i am that low or maybe i am?

If anybody has a more accurate formula for this that would be awesome. I'm looking around on the internet for some more ways to measure.

Day 10

Got my calipers in today, will start posting bodyfat % with weigh-ins every monday to monitor my progress. Off day, just sat around, played a little bit of bball, talked to my lady, and read. Feeling better then yesterday i was running around and felt like i couldn't get tired on the court today. The real test will be tomorrow when i get to the gym in the morning. Looking forward to chest/tris tomorrow, my favorite day.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    Off day today, but just got my calipers and looking forward to getting a more real estimate of my BF%. I did a 3 site measurement which includes side chest,abs, and thigh and it said i was 16%? I'm not sure if i am that low or maybe i am?

If anybody has a more accurate formula for this that would be awesome. I'm looking around on the internet for some more ways to measure.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...hlight=caliper

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    JohnnnyB glad you are feeling better. Have a good workout.

Perfect SteM! exactly what i was looking for. I think i was pinching myself 20 different times yesterday trying to get it just right haha. I think i got different readings every time and was getting frustrated. Maybe i was over thinking it, i kept telling myself i was pinching to much or clamping on the wrong spot lol. This monday when i weigh in i'm going to have somebody else do the readings.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    JohnnnyB glad you are feeling better. Have a good workout.
    Thanks bro, is it just me or coming off a rest day i feel like i have so much to make up for? like i'm going to go harder then i was before lol.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    Thanks bro, is it just me or coming off a rest day i feel like i have so much to make up for? like i'm going to go harder then i was before lol.
    I take off the complete day Sunday whether I need it or not and feel completely recharged and ready to kill it on Monday.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Rest days r a must.. I never have a prob taking them!

I take off the complete day Sunday whether I need it or not and feel completely recharged and ready to kill it on Monday.
    I try to do that but sometimes i feel so drained that if i tried to truck through with a workout it would be useless, that's usually my rest day. I get 1 day in every 4-5 days it seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Rest days r a must.. I never have a prob taking them!
    I agree i feel 100% better now and re-charged.

Just had brutal HIIT training, felt like i was going to puke when i got back haha it was awesome. Had to lay down for 15mins before i could get up and get my first meal in, i think i inhaled it within 45seconds my body was begging for food it felt like. Feel s great...

Day 11

Had possibly the most intense HIIT cardio today. 10min warmup 20min HITT and finished with 20min LIC, felt amazing. Diet was good today, had 6oz ground beef for dinner tonight instead of the usual tuna. Though it would be ok since i didn't have my PWO meal today and didn't hit the weights. Moved Chest/Tri's to tomorrow, thinking of switching my routine up to 1 muscle each day next week. Thoughts?

I used to do Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, off, Legs, Shoulders/Abs
    By the time I was done with chest or back I was drained and really not getting the intensity I wanted on Biceps and Triceps.
    Now I do Back, Chest, Arms, off, Legs, Shoulders/calves, off This has been working well for the last 5 weeks. I am trying to do higher intensity lower volume. My weight sessions used to last 90mins. Now I am always done in 55-60mins.

I used to do Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, off, Legs, Shoulders/Abs
    By the time I was done with chest or back I was drained and really not getting the intensity I wanted on Biceps and Triceps.
    Now I do Back, Chest, Arms, off, Legs, Shoulders/calves, off This has been working well for the last 5 weeks. I am trying to do higher intensity lower volume. My weight sessions used to last 90mins. Now I am always done in 55-60mins.
    That's exactly what's happening, by the time i did back i had the most useless bi workout. I think i might give your routine a whirl and try it next week.

I am not sure if I'm doing the best sequence. Back and chest both hit arms and i do arms day after chest. However I like to have an off day before legs and you hit tri's again when you do shoulders. I would do chest/back/arms/off/legs/shoulders but monday it seems like everyone is doing chest in my gym so I do chest Tuesday.
    Not sure if that makes sense. Hope some of the vets chime in since I am curious what they think.

I used to do 1 muscle a day and that seem to work best. While cutting it feels like my energy is easily used up, i just want to know what would be most beneficial while cutting. Because trying to do a smaller muscle group after going all out on a larger one just isn't working.

Day 12

Did Chest/Tri's this morning, energy was through the roof and followed it up with 20mins HIIT. Bought some 99% lean turkey cutlets and breast and bbqed them today for next weeks food. I tried a few bites of it and i have to say i like it a lot more then chicken, especially on the bbq. I recommend it to anybody who's looking for any type of change in there meat area, i think it's good to change it every once in a while.

Hey johnnny, I know it was a holiday weekend but hope you are back in it today.

Hey johnnny, I know it was a holiday weekend but hope you are back in it today.
    Yea was crazy busy, ment to get on here and post but never got around to it. Back on the grind now though!

Day 13

Solid fasted 20mins HITT followed with 30mins LIC. Diet was good. Feeling like all i want to do now is train i love it!

Day 14

Took the day off for easter, had about 50 people over here. Diet kept in check, didn't eat anything out of control. I fell in love with bbqed asparagus, best way to get your veggie fix. Had a "cheat meal" i guess you could say in the form of a few stellas, wish i wouldn't have because i feel all bloated now and can hear my stomach mumbling.

I'm going to do my weigh in tomorrow morning because i don't want the few beers i had or some of the food i ate to effect the scale this morning. Will keep posted.

Day 15

Just did some 30mins LIC this morning, nothing to exciting. Went and met up with a friend about an hour away and just hung out. Didn't have any drinks and went to dinner and had 8oz chicken breast with brocolli. I pretty much got some more "cardio" in the rest of the day and night lol.

Day 16

Today just got home a little bit ago, planning on going for a run tonight we will see how it goes. Been being lazy latley in terms of diet and keeping this log more active. Crunch time, going to really buckle down and get back in it these next few weeks, i really don't want to fall behind, going to put these past few days behind me and re-focus.

Noticing small areas on my body with more muscle definition, i'm guessing it from small areas losing fat and i'm starting to notice.

I've been behind on this as well and i've been meaning to post it.

Start - 190.2lbs
    Week 1 - 186.6
    Week 2 - 185.2

Not as much weight loss as week 1 but weight loss none the less. I would imagine the first week was majority water weight, and the 2nd week was so less because i didn't bust my but about it. I realize what needs to be done and what i really want, feeling really good this week and excited to continue like this into the future.

Got about enough food for all of tomorrow but will go shopping for this week. Fasted HIIT tomorrow morning!

Day 17

Had good HIIT/LIC fasted cardio this morning. It started raining like crazy so i only got about 30mins in. just got back from the gym on a solid bi's/back day. I havn't done fasted cardio with lifting later in the day for a while and i feel pooped haha. Glad to be back on track though. I feel like i look leaner but that just might be me getting excited lol. Depending on if it's raining like crazy tomorrow i'll either be lifting or doing some more fasted cardio. we shall see.

Johnny did you get your workout routine sorted out. There is a workout section you can post questions in and get some help if not.

Johnny did you get your workout routine sorted out. There is a workout section you can post questions in and get some help if not.
    Pretty much, i'm going to stick to 2 muscles groups a day and lift every other day with fasted cardio on the off days. Will mix it up to when i hit some type of platue.

Raining like crazy but i don't give a sh!t. Gonna go kill this fasted cardio this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze
    Raining like crazy but i don't give a sh!t. Gonna go kill this fasted cardio this morning!
    Now you must be somewhere in the UK with permarain at the minute!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Now you must be somewhere in the UK with permarain at the minute!
    Haha nope, i'm in the valley in cali, which is crazy because right around this time i starts getting blazing hot. I love the rain and if i had a treadmill or something i wouldn't be complaining at all. Runnin in the rain makes me feel like i'm in a movie to, like rocky or something lol.

If i would have re-enlisted in the military my as$ would be up in washington right now where it rains 24/7 from what i'm hearing.

Well the, at least your rain is warmer than ours!

Well the, at least your rain is warmer than ours!
    It probably is, try Hawaii or Guam, i was swimming while it was raining there. Felt like bath water raining down on me haha.

Day 18

Stopped raining right when i went out for my run. Had solid 10min LIC warmup - 20min HIIT - 20min LIC to finish it off, this was all fasted am i should mention. Diet was all chicken, broc, pistachios, oats, tuna, and cottage cheese a little later tonight. Bought a bunch of asparagus im going to throw on the bbq tomorrow, i think it's way better then broccoli haha. Apparently there is going to be a storm tonight maybe but who knows, i find that the weatherman are right 50% of the time, which means i can probably predict the weather by going on tv and saying yes or no to rain. They probably check yahoo reports right before they go on the air. Anyways rain or not, it's not going to stop me

Johnnny B. Glad to see you are hammering away at it. Day 18 already. Keep at it. Enjoy the weekend.... But not too much.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information