Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm thinking to re-adjust my diet and slash some cals. Don't get me wrong i've seen some results at 2200 cal area but that's the same as some people on here that are 20/30lbs heavier then me. I'm going to cut about 300 cals and see how that plays out. If i lose to much to fast i'll bump it back up, just going to see how it goes.

Day 24

Did 45min fasted LIC cardio this morning. Had clean diet, like i mentioned earlier i'm going to slash some cals down and see how that effects me over the next few days. Not going to make any insane changes, just take split my cottage cheese meal in half and sub 1/4 (dried) brown rice vice 1 cup oats which cuts away 150, Also went with 1 cup egg whites vice 2. Like i said this isn't permanent i will adjust off this.

Other then this dilemma my workouts have been intense and on point. I've been happy with myself gym wise so far this week. My back was throbbing it was pumping so hard i had to sit down and catch my breath towards the end, it felt rad.

Back -

Warm up Seated Row Machine - 4x10
    Lat Pulldown - 3x10/10/8
    Row Pulldown - 3x10
    Bent Over DB Rows - 3x10/10/8
    Lat plate raises - 3x10/10/8
    Cable Crossovers - 3x10

I had the Warm up really light on weight, plus i hate machine workout equipment so i only use them for warm up. Brutal workout though and no PWO cardio today since i had some fasted cardio this morning. I think that's why i pushed myself a little harder then usual cause i knew i didn't have PWO cardio.

I'll weigh in fasted tomorrow morning on here and report it, also going to keep the new diet till monday and see how it works out.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Before you cut cals realise you have been doing this for 3 weeks only. Your lbm is about the same as mine and I would NEVER take myself below 2100cals. In fact, I am losing at 2500 cals.

Your cals are set to reach your target, not where you are now.

I'll revisit you diet at some point today to see if we can't refine it further but for now PLEASE stay on it as it is.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Before you cut cals realise you have been doing this for 3 weeks only. Your lbm is about the same as mine and I would NEVER take myself below 2100cals. In fact, I am losing at 2500 cals.

Your cals are set to reach your target, not where you are now.

I'll revisit you diet at some point today to see if we can't refine it further but for now PLEASE stay on it as it is.
    Thanks SteM. i'll stick with it as it has been originally designed, I'll just stick it out till monday and take it from there. I guess i just want the re-assurance that it is working. If i weigh myself fasted today then by weigh in's monday i should be able to see a small change if it is in fact burning fat correct?

Weighed in at 189.4 this morning completely fasted. I'm going to stick to original diet as SteM advised and see what i weigh in monday fasted, which is when i usually weigh in.

Finished up 60min fasted LIC, will be doing arms later today.

Day 25

60min fasted LIC cardio this morning. Did arms later in the day with a completely empty gym which was badass. No issues with diet, had a family member come visit and offer to take us to dinner. I just had brocolli with grilled chicken and skipped my last meal. I don't exactly trust all the restaurants with what they put on there food but it was as clean as i could get, and i'm confident that it mirrored my macros of my last meal. I got leg workout tomorrow as well so i'm not worried.

Workout - Bis/Tris

Warm Up Seated Preacher Curl Machine - 4x10
    Seated Barbell Preacher Curl - 3x10/10/8
    Incline Seated DB Curls - 3x10
    Standing DB Hammer Curls - 3x10

Warm Up Seated Tri Raises Machine - 4x10
    Close Grip Bench Press - 4x12/10/10/10
    Pushdown - 3x10
    Overhead DB Raises - 3x10
    Rope Pulldowns - 3x10

PWO 5min warm up LIC 15min HIIT 10min LIC

I don't know about you guys but i think close grip bench is the beastliest tri workout, i didn't want to stop lol. My arms were annihilated after the workout. The PWO cardio was first time i took it to 30mins, i was drenched afterwards. All in all i have to say was probably the best workout session this week. Some fasted LIC tomorrow followed by a legs day before finishing out the week. Looking forward to it.

Fasted Morning Weight - 187.4

Going to start monitoring my weight every morning to keep a closer eye on things. 2lbs different from yesterday but i imagine it's just water weight. Looking forward to legs today and a weekend of rest. Going to get some fasted LIC in before i do my workout later in the afternoon. I was thinking about doing some LIC tomorrow, do you guys think that would be a bad idea the day after legs, or should i at least wait till sunday?

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    I do light LIC day after legs.
    Looks like your training is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral
    Me too sometimes on a bike, good leg recovery workout.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Ya man, i stated a few days ago this is the best week of training i've ever had, I feel great i just gotta keep the intensity up.

Me too sometimes on a bike, good leg recovery workout.
    Appreciate the feedback, i'll throw in the LIC tomorrow morning and just take Sunday off.

Got done with 60mins fasted LIC cardio. About to go to the gym right now and just had my pre-workout meal which is also my 1st meal. It consists of 5 asparagus sticks, 1/4(dried) brown rice, 6oz chicken breast, obviously i cook my rice i just put it like that for measuring purposes. I was pretty energetic from the 200mg of caffeine and cardio and as soon as i finished my meal i was instantly all tired like i could lay down and take a nap lol. First time i am noticing this at this extent is it insulin spike or my body absorbing the food at a rapid rate? Just want to make sure it's normal to experience this?

I would have just done some LIC after my lifting. I wouldn't want to go back and lift jst after I'd done any cardio, my lifts would suffer!

I would have just done some LIC after my lifting. I wouldn't want to go back and lift jst after I'd done any cardio, my lifts would suffer!
    I keep about a 4 hour gap between finishing LIC and lifting and have my preworkout about 45mins before i lift. I havn't had any issues throughout the week and usually feel like I could stay and lift and didn't want to leave by the time i'm done. Today is the first day i'm feeling sluggish though before my workout. I'm going to go lift and see if my energy boosts once i start up, ill pop in here afterwards and log how it goes.

I'll adjust my workout next week to not include so much cardio before workouts and see how it effects me.

Well back from lifting and it didn't go to shabby. I hadn't done legs in forever so it was an ease getting back into it. By the time i walked, or lack there of, out of the gym i was pretty destroyed. First time i seen a hot ass chick in the gym today, i'm going to start going at this time everyday now

Day 26

Another good day and i'm glad it's the weekend. Whatever i had left in the tank was used all up today on my legs. Got 60mins fasted LIC in and will only do 1 more session tomorrow morning. Sunday will be a complete off day.

Legs -

Leg Press - 4x20/15/12/12
    Squat -3x15/12/12
    Hamstring curls - 3x15/15/12
    Leg Extensions - 3x15
    Calve Raises - 4x15

No PWO cardio, like i mentioned before i will just do LIC tomorrow morning. No issues with the diet, i had 6oz lean ground beef vice chicken breast which adds about 50 extra calories but no biggie.
    Last edited by JohnnnyBlazzze; 04-20-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Mornin fellas, bout to take my morning dookie before the fasted weigh in. I could have probably done without telling you guys that.

Anyways my legs are wrecked but not as bad as i thought they would. It takes about 36 hour time period for my muscles to get in the maximum soar range i've learned, so by tonight i should be army crawling to bed tonight. I don't really feel anything in my calves, i think i'm going to up my rep range into the 25-30 range for calves, opinions?

Fasted Morning Weight - 187.4

Same as yesterday? It's only been 1 day so hopefully it shows some type of a drop tomorrow. Going to get this fasted LIC going here in a few mins. My preworkout cardio? a few games of fifa 12 haha.

Day 27

Nothing exciting today in terms of workout. Got only 30mins in of fasted LIC this morning which is good enough for me after this week. Pretty much did nothing the rest of the day, got somewhat of a tan because it's almost 90 degrees here. As far as diet i cut out the 1/4 cup brown rice since i didn't lift which leaves me 150cals less then my normal, not to worried about it, still getting all my protein intake. Tomorrow is complete off day, just going to get groceries for the upcomming week and get some more sun lol.

Sun? Bah, humbug!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Sun? Bah, humbug!
    Scorching hot sun, i think today is going to be 95 degrees. My back is purple it got burnt so bad haha.

Morning Fasted Weight - 188.4

Lb heavier then usual? could this be from not lifting or something? If i'm doing this correctly should i not be seeing at least .1 or .2 dropping each day? or am i just over analyzing the shit out of it?

Your body is in a constant state of flux at the minute. It's why it's recommended to weigh yourself once a week at the same time under the same conditions. Look how mine fluctuated daily over the las few weeks but ultimately, I look better and am leaner and stronger. It's not all about the numbers on the scale!

Oh and we had rain all day and a little hail, I'm a little jealous!

Your body is in a constant state of flux at the minute. It's why it's recommended to weigh yourself once a week at the same time under the same conditions. Look how mine fluctuated daily over the las few weeks but ultimately, I look better and am leaner and stronger. It's not all about the numbers on the scale!

Oh and we had rain all day and a little hail, I'm a little jealous!
    Yea you're right, should i just stop the daily weigh ins then and keep it to just monday mornings?

Rainy days are cool to, at least you don't get fried lol.

It's rained every bloody day for 2 weeks and forecast for the next 5 days too! It's not even warm rain!

Once a week weigh in is recommended!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

It's rained every bloody day for 2 weeks and forecast for the next 5 days too! It's not even warm rain!

Once a week weigh in is recommended!
    Dang no sun for a week or so huh? haha. Chelsea is looking to advance on tuesday.... that's what i'm looking forward to.

Day 28

Complete off day, didn't do anything in terms of working out. Went to the store and got all my food for this upcomming week and will probably even last me a few through next week. Cleaned my entire car and finally got my system hooked back up, shit will blow my chicks shirt off haha. She doesn't know I got it working so i'm going to wait until we go somewhere then let her have it lol.

Diet was solid no issues. Again i didn't have my 1/4 cup brown rice that i usually have since i didn't lift today. Workout plan is same as last week except my reps will be in the 4-6 range and the weight will be heavier. I read this in SteM's log so i'm going to give it a try this week, heard it's best to alternate, especially when cutting.

Hey Johnny, looking good man. Ready to tear up another week. I was completely off yesterday too, did nothing at all, rainy day, on the couch all day...

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Hey Johnny, looking good man. Ready to tear up another week. I was completely off yesterday too, did nothing at all, rainy day, on the couch all day...
    That's right my brotha getting back on it, there's nothing better then starting a new week. Going to get my fasted monday weigh in here then some cardio.

Monday Weigh In -

Week 4 - 187.00

I'm going to start it like this with my new scale since all the other weigh ins were with my old one. Pretty pleased with the weigh in and how things are going right now.

The only thing is that i can tell i'm holding a lot of water which is weird because my sodium intake is at a very minimal and I'm taking potassium in the morning. I can tell because when i first wake up and pee it's completley clear like if i had been drinking water all day. Also when i do my morning cardio i'm drenched from head to toe where as last week i wasn't sweating so profusely. Not sure what it could be? i drink a gallon and some change every day.

Maybe your gym is hotter hence more sweat! Odd that your pee is clear in the morning, have you started a different bedtime supplement routine?

Good weight loss - always good!

Maybe your gym is hotter hence more sweat! Odd that your pee is clear in the morning, have you started a different bedtime supplement routine?

Good weight loss - always good!
    No this is from my am cardio which is done around my house outside. I usually only get about a ring around the neck area of sweat but today i was totally drenched. I didn't change anything in my routine of going to sleep. I eat cottage cheese and take zinc and fish oil. I've been doing this ever since i started.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey johnny just chekin in dude.. Shoot when i do cardio i get drenched every time! In the summer by the time im thru my hands are "pruny" from the sweat running down and dripping off my fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Hey johnny just chekin in dude.. Shoot when i do cardio i get drenched every time! In the summer by the time im thru my hands are "pruny" from the sweat running down and dripping off my fingers!
    Thanks for stoppin by mang. Yea i got pretty sweaty don't get me wrong but this morning it was like i jumped in a pool or something haha. How much water did you drink throughout the day? Did you ever have issues of retaining water or anything like that?

Day 29

Back at it, i always like starting mondays strong, feels like i set the pace for the rest of the week. Got 45mins fasted LIC and felt great, my energy is through the roof. No issues with diet, every veggie source with my meal is 5 sticks of asparagus this week.

Chest -

Flat Barbell Bench - 4x8/6/5/3
    Incline DB Press - 3x8/6/4
    Decline Barbell Bench - 4x8/6/6/4
    Machine Press - 4x6/6/4/3
    Machine Flys - 3x/8/8/6
    DB Flys - 3x8/6/6

PWO Cardio - 10mins HIIT - 12mins LIC

I went heavy on all my weights today and was incredibly surprised at the strength i had. Being in a caloric deficient i imagined i would not be lifting as heavy but i was wrong. Granted i was only doing short reps i was moving heavy weight none the less. I love this week of heavy weights, makes me feel like a beast haha. I think alternating each week is a great way to keep the strength while cutting. I racked out the machine press all the way at 250lbs and get 4 reps out of it. PWO cardio was pretty brutal i was drenched once again haha. Futbol leg 2 tomorrow, hopefully i wake up early enough to get my fasted cardio before i watch it.

The pork i ate must have messed up my stomach or something. I ate it on sunday night and it's just now running through my system, it makes my stomach bubble and all those wonderful things. I've pretty much crapped it all out now and feel a lot better, i'm pretty confident it was the reason i was retaining so much water as well.

Fasted cardio soon.

Hope you feel better bro.

Yeah, I've been feeling your pain since Saturday night mate! Not good, get well!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    Thanks for stoppin by mang. Yea i got pretty sweaty don't get me wrong but this morning it was like i jumped in a pool or something haha. How much water did you drink throughout the day? Did you ever have issues of retaining water or anything like that?
    dealn with a lil water retention rite now i try to drink 2 gallons

Day 30

I'm a little late posting this but my girl had a big dilemma with her family so we had to rush to her parents yesterday. We're staying down here till friday, puts a big halt to my training but it's only 3 days and i'm keeping my diet in check. As soon as we get back i'm getting right back on it. I got some pics from when i started on March 28th and i'll post them up here in a bit if you guys can see any changes. I'm going to log my next days when i started training again so day 31 will be Friday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	122343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-28_18-59-01_183.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	122344

The newer one is the first one from April 23rd and other one was when i started March 28th. minor changes, looking to boost it up in the next 30 days.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information