Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Day 53

Finally got some good sleep, I woke up early then fell back asleep lol. Felt like I didn't want to go to the gym today but I ended getting my ass out the door. Had a solid Arm day.

Bi's

Machine Curls Warmup - 3x12
    Standing DB Curls - 5x 12/10/8/8/6
    Preacher Curls - 5x 12/10/10/8/6
    Straight Bar Curls - 3x12* Dropset 20lbs

Tri's

Overhead Extensions Warmup - 4x12
    DB Kickbacks - 3x12
    Rope Pulldown - 5x12/10/10/8/6
    Pushdowns - 5x12/10/10/8/6

PWO Cardio - 2min LIC Warmup 12min HIIT 6min LIC

Going to incorporate some fasted cardio and 30-45 mins. Been doing a lot of short 20-25 min HIIT but i think switcing it up a bit will help. I havn't done fasted cardio besides on sundays so will see how it fairs over.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    for what is is worth, I initially did a cheat meal everyweek, a modest cheat meal.

JB,u r very serious about logging in daily. Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    for what is is worth, I initially did a cheat meal everyweek, a modest cheat meal.

JB,u r very serious about logging in daily. Congrats
    I was thinking about that...At first I wasn't going to do a cheat meal at all but that morning I woke up with a mission to munch, I couldn't handle the craving so I had to get one lol.

That was my goal from the start . Thanks girlgy!

Day 54

Second day where I didn't feel like working out but still made it lol. I'm starting to get the feeling of where you just are so wrapped up into the routine that you start to get lazy? If anybody knows what I'm talking about. It's not like the first few weeks where you're just so pumped up and motivated to start. Needless to say I got the work done for the day, and actually one of my better workouts since I started this log. Got a good back workout today with some ab work.

Back -

Seated Machine Widegrip Rows - 5x12/10/10/8/6
    Close Grip Seated Rows - 5x12/10/8/8/6
    Bent Over DB Rows - 5x10/10/8/8/6
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown - 5x10/10/8/8/6
    Close Grip Lat Pulldown - 5x10/10/8/8/6

Abs -

Weighted Rope Crunches - 5x20

PWO Cardio - 2min Warmup LIC 16min HIIT 12min LIC - 30mins

Pushed my cardio a little further today, I usually only get about 20mins in when I'm doing HIIT but my energy was feeling good and lately I've just been feeling like I've been putting cardio in the backseat. Going to go hard with it until the end of this week. My girl is coming to visit this weekend so i'm looking forward to relaxing.

I had another question,

After my workouts and I have my PWO shake then PWO meal I look kind of like crap. Once 7-8pm rolls around I look completely different and insanely lean, it's like clock work, always look good at night. I'm starting to think this is because of the carb intake after PWO and my body holding water? Not 100% sure though.

Well i'm switching some things around on my diet a little, macros and cals are the same just different food choices because my Whey is thrashing up my stomach, I think it's the lactose. Will see how it goes today.

Day 55

Woke up early and got some good sleep last night, woke up excited to get to the gym. I cut out my whey today because I was under the impression that the lactose was causing me to bloat and my body couldn't digest it properly. I pretty much hit the nail on the head, after my workout today I had no bloat what so ever and I wasn't carry around and extra 4lbs. I crapped a couple times today to which is great and lets me know that it's processing its way out of my body. I'm going to get some isolate with no lactose in it and see how that works for me. Till then I won't be touching my whey, probably give it to my little brother or something when I go to visit. Got a good delt/trap workout in today.

Delt/Traps

Behind the Neck BB Press - 5x12/10/10/8/6
    Military Press - 5x10/10/8/8/6
    Arnold Presses - 5x10/10/8/8/6
    DB Lat Raises - 5x10/10/8/8/6
    DB Shurgs * - 3x10/10/10 Dropset 20lbs Dropset 20lbs

PWO Cardio - 2min LIC Warmup 13mins HIIT 15mins LIC - 30mins Total

My pumps were insane, almost to much to handle, delt/traps have to be my bets workout days, my routine is solid. Cardio was stretched out to 30mins which was great, I reached my goal before hitting this weekend with rest. I have legs tomorrow with no cardio, no sure if I'll get any LIC sessions in over the weeknd since my chica is coming up to visit till Monday. Will see, If i get some time I might get a quick 30mins in or something, who knows.

Day 56/57/58

Late on updating this which I don't do often, but I managed to jump on quick. No workouts these days, basically my rest days of the weekend. Had some time off here because my lady came to visit me and I've been spending a lot of time with her. No issues with the diet, we stopped at some fast food restraunts because she was hungry and she thought I was a weirdo because I didn't want anything to eat haha. Don't care thought I just laughed in her face an told her to shut her mouth......just kidding....but seriously lol. When she saw me she took a bunch of pics and said she was surprised because I looked "bigger" and even asked if I was on steroids haha, I told her she was retarded because I'm cutting and there is no way I could be adding muscle but she has no idea. Looking to jump back on the horse monday and smash some heavy weights!

Day 59

Gym was closed today due to Memorial Day, I live in a small town so I should have seen that coming. Got to the store today and got loaded up on groceries for the next week or so. After talking to a few people I think I'm going to start IF cut tomorrow, basically my macros and diet will stay all the same but I will just eat them in a 4 hour window. Sunday I will get about 50% of my diet worth of carbs and possibly a complete 24 fast monday. Still in the wood works of getting it prepared but I want to give it a try. Feel like poop since I havn't had a workout in about 4 days now, really looking to hit it hard tomorrow. Hope everybody had a good weekend and Happy Memorial Day!

Day 60 / IF Day 1

Glad to get back in the gym today, felt like my endurance was through the roof, 4 days a rest really helped me out. I didn't want to stop in the gym today haha it was crazy. Back to the more organized diet. The weekend wasn't really bad on the food choices I still ate healthy and manage to get close to my macros with keeping the protein high. Only downside was having a couple drinks. Over with now, not really going to dwell on it but just take it as a learning curve. Killer chest workout today.

Chest -

Machine Fly Warmups - 3x12
    Flat BB Bench - 5x12/10/8/8/6
    Incline BB Bench - 4x10/10/8/8
    Cable Flys - 3x12/10/10 *2x8/6/6 Dropset Last 2 sets
    Machine Press - *3x12/10/10 Dropset All 3 Sets

Abs -

Reverse Inclined Leg Raises - 3x15
    Weighted Rope Crunches - 4x20

PWO Cardio - 2mins LIC Warmup 10mins HIIT 8mins LIC - Total 20mins

Was pretty drained today but had a lot of energy in the gym. Glad to have a hard day back after the rest, looking forward to tomorrow.
    Last edited by JohnnnyBlazzze; 06-01-2012 at 01:25 PM.

E-T-R is offline Junior Member
    Was reading through your Log... Not quite all the way yet will finish later.
    Keep doing what your doing bro!

Subscribed!

Quote Originally Posted by E-T-R View Post
    Was reading through your Log... Not quite all the way yet will finish later.
    Keep doing what your doing bro!

Subscribed!
    Appreciate it dude, thanks for following along.

Day 61 / IF Day 2

Got about 9 hours of sleep. I started my IF yesterday after reading over a bunch of other members experiences and threads and got some good input as well. I'm doing a 20/4 window and basically just took my diet I already had and put it in the eating window. If it doesn't work well for me then I'll just switch back over to eating regular meals throughout the day. My energy hasn't suffered in the gym the last few days and that is really my main concern, as well as cutting down BF%. Had good workout today, arms.

Bi's -

Warmup Machine Curls - 2x12 Lightweight
    Incline Seated DB Curls - 3x12/10/10
    Standing DB Curls - 3x10
    EZ Bar Preacher Curls - 3x12/10/10
    Isolation Curls - 3x10

Tri's

Overhead DB Raises Warmup - 2x15 Lightweight
    EZ Bar Overhead Extensions - 3x12
    Close Grip Bench - 3x10
    Rope Pulldown - 3x10/8/8
    Pushdowns - 3x10* Superset DB Kickbacks 3x10

PWO Cardio - 2min LIC Warmup 15min HIIT 8min LIC - Total - 25mins

Switched back to 3 set exercises, just trying to change things up every couple of weeks to keep my muscles guessing. Still using heavy weights just a few more reps then normal. If you add the numbers up in the 5 sets and 3 sets i'm doing the rep number stays about the same for each muscle group. PWO cardio is getting easier, I'm not huffing and puffing as much from the HIIT, maybe it's the IF? It's only the 2nd day but I have to say I do feel like I have more energy, that could also be the long weekend rest though.
    Last edited by JohnnnyBlazzze; 06-01-2012 at 01:26 PM.

E-T-R is offline Junior Member
    Solid bro. Will be keeping an eye on the IF plan... May beta good plan for me once I back in college rather than lugging a cooler or bag full of food around :-)

Quote Originally Posted by E-T-R View Post
    Solid bro. Will be keeping an eye on the IF plan... May beta good plan for me once I back in college rather than lugging a cooler or bag full of food around :-)
    Me to, I have my window around dinner time to in case the family has something I'll just eat what they have. So I'm not really sacrificing time with my family for my diet. I'm excited to see how my body reacts after a couple weeks.

Day 62 / IF Day 3

3rd day with my IF, still waiting to eat, the last 2 hours are the worst. Energy felt a little low in the gym today, I was yawning and stuff but managed to get all my reps in. Going to give it a week or so to let my body adapt.

Back -

Machine Wide Grip Row - 4x12
    Machine Close Grip Row - 3x12/10/10
    Lat Pulldown - 3x12/10/8
    Close Grip Lat Pulldown - 3x12
    Seated DB Lat Spread - 3x12* Superset Single DB Lat Spread 3x10

Abs -

Leg Raises - 3x15
    Weight Cable Crunches - 4x20

PWO Cardio - 2mins LIC 10min HIIT...20mins LIC - Total - 32mins

Mixed it up on my cardio a little today to get something new going. Did HIIT for 12mins on the elliptical PWO then drove home and played some bball for about 20mins. I don't think I'll be doing it again because I could barley shoot from my arms and back being soar lol. Maybe I'll just stay in the gym for PWO cardio. Hoping my energy picks up a bit towards the end of this week, I'm already looking for the weekends rest.
    Last edited by JohnnnyBlazzze; 06-01-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Day 63 / IF Day 4

I decided to add a day counter for when I started my IF and keep my original one going as well. Feeling a bit lazy like I'm not wanting to get out of bed which is unusual for me because I'm usually ready to rock. Feeling a bit sluggish in the morning to, not sure if it is my body adjusting to the new diet, most likely it is. Had a great workout today, delts/traps.

Delts/Traps -

Behind the Neck Military Press - 4x12/10/10/8
    Machine Military Press - 3x12/10/10
    Arnold Press - 3x10/10/8
    DB Lat Raises - 3x10
    DB Shurgs* - 3x8(Heavy) Dropset 3x10(Moderate) Dropset 3x12(Light)

PWO Cardio - 30mins LIC Elliptical

No HIIT today, I already got my 3 sessions in for the week and I was feeling gased after my lifting so I just kept it light. Still worked up a good sweat and change the intervals a little bit but nothing extreme. I will finish up the week with legs tomorrow then maybe get some LIC on Sunday, it all depends how I feel.

Last workout day of the week having to drag my ass out the door to smash these legs! Man I feel lethargic in the morning but after a little bit I get a rush of energy from nowhere.

Day 64 / IF Day 5

Felt tired and lethargic when waking up but I made it to the gym. I'm going to do a 24 hour fast tomorrow so tonight I will get more carbs then usual. I'm curious to if I will make it or not haha, first time trying a full day fast. I will break it in the afternoon on Monday, which is an off day as well. Got a good leg workout today.

Legs -

Squats - 4x15/15/12/10
    Leg Press - 4x 12/12/10/10
    Leg Extensions* - 4x15/15/12/12 DropSet 4x12/12/12/12 Dropset 4x10/10/8/8
    Hammy Curls* - 4x15/15/12/12 DropSet 4x12/12/12/12 Dropset 4x10/10/8/8
    Calf Raises - 4x20

No PWO cardio today because I could barley walk out of the gym. I was going to do abs but I was just to thrased after my workout, Maybe I'll get an ab session in over the weekend or something.

Scratch that on the cardio, pool was warm enough to swim in. Got 20mins interval swimming in, I was exhausted after. I think swimming is one of the best sources of cardio you can do, I incorporate different strokes while I'm doing my laps as well.

First 24 fast day will see if I can survive. Got about 50% of cals in quality carbs last night as well.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    good luck with IF. I haven't don't that yet!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    good luck with IF. I haven't don't that yet!
    Thanks girlgy, this is my first time as well. I've heard nothing but good experiences and from what I've read it has really intrigued me.

Day 65 / IF Day 6

Off day from the gym today. First 24 fast day today as well. Not to bad, I had a little bit of cravings in the middle of the day but they subsided. I had BCAA's this morning with Glutamine and I'll get 1 more of those later this evening or before I go to bed. I thought today was going to be rugged but it's actually not that bad and I surprisingly have energy bursts throughout the day. I played some bball with a couple buddies for about 45 mins, we just shot around though nothing extreme. I'll break my fast tomorrow and possibly snag in a good LIC cardio sessions before I break that. I havn't had any good pics up recently and I've been making good progress so I might get one up tonight. If not, just stay tuned lol.

Only a matter of time and I can eat again, first 24 fast day was kind of brutal, messed with my sleep a little.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    just catchin this thread. 24 hr fast has to be brutal! i go insane with a 15-16hr fast everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    just catchin this thread. 24 hr fast has to be brutal! i go insane with a 15-16hr fast everyday.
    It sucks man, I just down some BCAAs and Glutamine to get me threw the day whenever I feel hungry. I'm stoked to eat here soon lol I'm slowly watching the clock. Thanks for stopping by!

Day 66 / IF Day 7

Finished first week of IF, liked it so far, the 24 hour fast was kind of crappy and messed with my sleep a little but I made it. Went and got stocked up on groceries for the next few weeks. Ready to get back into the gym tomorrow and sling some steel, really going to focus on my cardio this week and up it a little more then I have been doing. Hopefully it stays hot to so I can continue to get in some swimming. Felt amazing breaking the fast today lol I inhaled my food within seconds haha. A note I was really irritable and on edge you could say when got within a few hours of my fast break. I had little energy and just felt slow and in a crappy mood. Now that I have ate I feel great and everything is back to normal.

Day 67 / IF Day 8

Tweaked my diet last night and got it a little cleaner and strict. Will be upping my cardio a bit all this week as well. Had a solid chest day and tried to keep it simple getting a good stretch and contraction. My strength is still there to, not suffering from the low cals.

Chest -

Flat BB Bench - 4x15/12/10/8
    Incline BB - 3x12/10/8
    Decline BB - 3x12/10/10
    Cable Flys Up - 3x12
    Cable Flys Down - 3x12

Abs -

Weighted Cable Crunches - 4x20
    Incline Leg Lifts - 4x15

PWO Cardio - 30mins LIC

No HIIT today cause my legs were feeling a little tight still from Saturday. I usually only get 20mins of PWO cardio in but today I bumped it up and felt good. I will get some HIIT tomorrow depending on how I feel. Was going to shift my chest exercises to DB just to switch things up but my shoulder has been bothering me lately and it seems like it gets a little worse every time I use DB so I'm trying to take it easy. Looking forward to eating here soon.

Liking this diet so far. I will be posting up pics on Day 90 which will be about 3 Months ago from when I first started this thread so stay tuned!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'll let you know how 36 feels on Friday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    Liking this diet so far. I will be posting up pics on Day 90 which will be about 3 Months ago from when I first started this thread so stay tuned!
    Looking forward to pics!

Great thread bro... consistent, detailed... this is how they should all be. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I'll let you know how 36 feels on Friday morning!

Looking forward to pics!

Great thread bro... consistent, detailed... this is how they should all be. Keep it up!
    Thanks GB, Ill have them up. Should put my IF at around 4 weeks by the time I get the pics up.

Day 68 / IF Day 9

Diet going good so far, I'm really looking forward to see the results after about a month on this. I was reading some on keto yesterday and was thinking of doing keto with my IF but I'm just going to take it 1 step at a time and don't want to make to much of changes. I've added in an extra back and chest routines for this week since I believe those are my lacking areas. Great workout today.

Back -

Machine Wide Grip Rows - 4x12
    Machine Close Grip Rows - 3x12
    Lat Pulldown - 3x12
    Seated Close Grip Pulldowns - 3x12
    Cable Lat Spreads - 3x10

Bi's

Machine Preacher Curls - 4x12
    Standing DB Curls - 3x12/12/10
    DB Side Curls - 3x12
    Seated DB Hammer Curls - 3x12/12/10

Abs -

Leg Raises - 3x15
    Weight Cable Oblique Crunches - 3x20

PWO Cardio - 45mins LIC

No HIIT again, my workouts are pretty intense and I don't have to much energy by the time I get to my PWO. I'm seeing good results with the extended LIC since on this diet so I will keep it this way. If I start to slow down or feel like I need to change things up then I will incorporate some HIIT. Looking good so far, ready to eat soon

keep it up johnnyblazze!

keep it up johnnyblazze!
    I'm tryin dude i'm getting pooped out at the end of the week haha.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    I'm tryin dude i'm getting pooped out at the end of the week haha.

i didn't read the beginning but are you doing a refeed?

i didn't read the beginning but are you doing a refeed?
    Not exactly. Saturday I eat about 50% of total cals in carbs and have a cheat meal then the following day(Sunday) I do my 24 fast, which is really 36hours. So yea, I guess it is kind of a refeed.

Day 69 / IF Day 10

Starting to get tired, I've been going hard this week and got about 2 days left. The last day is leg workout and no cardio so that shouldn't be to bad. Going to truck through tomorrows work out. I probably just feel this way because I havn't ate yet today, I usually feel a lot better after I eat on this IF plan. I got a giant e book on IF and havn't got the chance to read through it, i'll probably read through it a little tonight. Solid workout today, I killed it.

Delts/Traps

Machine Military Press - 4x12
    Machine Side Lat Raises - 3x15
    DB Arnold Press - 3x12/12/10
    EZ Bar Straight Lat Raises - 3x10
    DB Shrugs* - 3x10 Dropset 3x10 Dropset 3x8

Tri's

Machine Extensions - 4x12
    Close Grip Bench - 3x12/12/10
    Rope Pull Downs - 3x10
    DB Kick Backs - 3x12

Abs

Weighted Cable Crunches - 4x20
    Leg Lifts - 3x10

PWO Cardio - 30mins LIC

I stopped my leg lifts on abs because I got a crazy cramp in my lower abs, my abs were fully strained and flexed. Going to give them a break tomorrow and possibly Saturday. Ready to eat and might catch a nap, todays workout beat me up.

jpowell is offline Banned
    Hey bro u notice any gains or anything when you do your weight crunches? I think the concept bhind is to give mass or size rite like with any other muscle? But n my local gym i always see guys doing like 120lbs , i personally keep the machine at 50-70, for a duration until the shit burns n almost a cramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    Hey bro u notice any gains or anything when you do your weight crunches? I think the concept bhind is to give mass or size rite like with any other muscle? But n my local gym i always see guys doing like 120lbs , i personally keep the machine at 50-70, for a duration until the shit burns n almost a cramp.
    I just try to get a deep burn in my abs. The weighted crunches seems to hit my lower and upper abs hard, not so much my obliques. I keep it at a range of 120-130lbs, that's where I feel like I get the best work. I get 20 reps in, by the time I get to 15 my abs are burning and the last 5 are the mega burners. When I finish a set it's almost like I can barley inhale from my abs being so tight. All these are indications that I know my abs are getting worked. I will always have weighted cable crunches in my workout, I think they're the best.

I've tried lower weight at 60lbs but I end up having to get in the 40 rep range to even start to feel a burn, just not effective for me.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information