Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Day 70 / IF 11

Didn't sleep to good last night and didn't even want to go to the gym today. Just got chest in today with lower reps heavier weight.

Chest -

Flat BB Bench - 5x10/7/5/5/3
    Incline BB Bench - 5x10/7/5/5/3
    Decline BB Bench - 5x10/7/5/5/3
    Machine Flys - 3x12

PWO Cardio - 45mins LIC

My energy is pretty low, I think i've been training to a little to intense this week. It could just be that I didn't get that good of sleep last night. Looking forward to eating more carbs tomorrow and getting rest over the weekend.

Best day of the week, going to finish up with legs then mash some food. Tomorrow begins the fast.

Day 71 / IF Day 12

Finally the weekend is here and I get to be a little lax on today's diet. Probably get a cheat meal in and eat a bunch of carbs haha, I've been waiting all week for this day. I will be fasting all day tomorrow as well, learned some things from the last fast so hopefully this one isn't as rough. Mashed my legs today, great workout, I almost fell down the 2 set of stairs when I walked out of the gym lol.

Legs -

Leg Press - 4x15
    Squats - 4x15/15/12/12
    Leg Extensions* - 3x8 Dropset 3x10 Dropset 3x12
    Hammy Curls* - 3x8 Dropset 3x10 Dropset 3x12
    Calf Raises - 3x20

No cardio or abs today. My abs are still soar from smashing them all week so I'm going to let them be for now. Looking to get a small 20min LIC jog in tomorrow as I fast, see if this benefits me.

Day 72 / IF Day 13

Not going to fast today, going to have a family bbq later this evening so I moved my fast to tomorrow. Got about 50% of total cals in carbs yesterday all in brown rice, potatoes, whole wheat tortilla, pasta, and oats. Didn't really have a cheat meal, I was going to go get some pizza or something but it just never happened and I wasn't craving it all that much. So was planning to fast after the re-up of my carbs but I'm going to eat zero carbs today and fast tomorrow so it looks like this.

Saturday - High Carbs
    Sunday - No Carbs
    Monday - Fast

Thought of this plan last night after I found out about the bbq. Might stick to this depending on how it works.

Day 73 / IF Day 14

Fast day today, I had zero carb intake yesterday and hit around 300g protein as well. Fast won't be broken till after my workout tomorrow which seems intimidating, wondering how many energy level will be in the gym. Not to bad I would imagine from the carb up on Saturday but we shall see. Just going to get some BCAAs and Glutamine in a couple times today which will be my only intake. Slept great over the weekend and ready to start a new week.

Fast over with had some issues sleeping last night but nowhere as near as bad as last time. My energy is in the gutter right now I don't even want to go to the gym, hopefully once I start warming up I'll get an energy burst. Lowest weight I've been right now.

Looking to truck through this workout, hopefully get a good one, then break this fast...I'm ready to eat lol.

Day 74 / IF Day 15

Had a pretty shitty workout, I had no energy and was all sluggish. Just going to mark it down in my books to not fast into a workout day, bad idea. At least I tried it and learned, going to keep my fast day and break fast day on my off days. I originally planned to get chest done with Tri's and some abs with PWO cardio but that didn't happen at all, Just did chest and PWO cardio. I'll feel much better after I eat today and will make up for it.

Chest -

Flat BB Bench - 5x10/8/8/6/6
    Incline BB Bench - 5x10/8/8/6/6
    Machine Press* - 4x12 Superset - Machine Flys* - 4x15

PWO Cardio - 20mins LIC

Got a good workout and pump on my chest, my energy just wasn't there, I barley made it past the 20mins of LIC which isn't me at all. I'm upset that it came out like this but I lived and learned so as long as I got some experience out of it I'm not to mad. Really looking to smash it tomorrow.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    JB whats up dude. Looks like you are killing it. Looking forward to pics.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    JB whats up dude. Looks like you are killing it. Looking forward to pics.
    Thanks bro, Welcome back!

I'll have some pics up on day 90.

Day 75 / IF Day 16

Feeling a lot better since yesterday and had more energy in the gym this morning. Had a decent workout.

Back -

Wide Grip Machine Rows - 4x12
    Lat Pulldown - 4x12
    Close Grip Pulldowns - 4x12

Bi's

Machine Preacher Curls - 4x12
    Iso Curls - 4x10
    Standing DB Curls - 4x10

Abs

Leg Lifts - 4x20

PWO Cardio - 30mins LIC

Good workout, I would have got another exercise for my abs but the gym was packed and all the equipment was used up, I was kind of disappointed. I was drenched at the end of my cardio today, Did incline treadmill. Looking forward to breaking the fast.

Day 76 / IF Day 17

Good day today, had good energy in the morning and going into my workout. Been really trying to focus on getting a good "Mind to Muscle" connection in the gym and was getting outstanding pumps today. Have to say one of my top workouts in these past 76 Days. Smashed Delts/Traps today.

Delts/Traps

Military Press - 2x20/15 Warmups 4x12/12/12/10
    Machine Shoulder Press - 4x12
    Arnold Press - 3x12/12/10
    Front DB Lateral Raises - 3x10
    DB Shrugs* - 3x8 Dropset 3x10 Dropset 3x12

Abs -

Weighted Cable Crunches - 4x20

PWO Cardio - 35mins LIC

I wanted to do 45mins Cardio today but got bored and pretty drained by the time I got to 35 so I just left it at that. Just a small muscle group tomorrow and hit abs a little harder and I'll try to get in the 45mins since it won't be such an intense day.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Sweet bro!!! Keep it going. Sounds like you are kicking booty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js View Post
    Sweet bro!!! Keep it going. Sounds like you are kicking booty!!!
    Thanks bro, I'm doing my best, trying to get the most out of my situation right now. Got a lot of free time until September.

Day 77 / IF Day 18

Good workout today, Just did Tri's since i didn't do them on my first day of the week, got a full ab session in as well.

Tri's

Overhead Extension Warmups - 2x20
    Closegrip Bench - 3x12/12/10
    Pushdowns - 4x12
    Skullcrushers - 4x12/12/12/10

Abs

Weighted Oblique Leans - 3x20
    Weighted Rope Crunches - 3x20
    Leg Lifts - 3x15

PWO Cardio - 35mins

I attempted to try my 100% ON Whey yesterday thinking maybe it really wasn't bloating me but I was wrong, bloated me and messed my stomach up, i'm stupid for even trying. I just hate to see a thing of protein go to waste, whatever. Built a carb up diet for tomorrow which involves a cheat meal, looking forward to that. My brother is coming to visit and hasn't worked out in months, I'm going to make him come to legs with my tomorrow haha.

AXx
    Johnny have you been able to hit macros better on IF, or do you think your other diet was easier?

Curious to see what these answers will be. Also have you seen physical changes in the 18 days of doing IF?

jg2243 is offline Junior Member
    Hey johnnyblaze I have the same issue with protein... Stomach pains and
    Bloating ... Started taking OTC probiotics and it took the bloating and stomach pains away ... I take one pill a day and know issues ..

Johnny have you been able to hit macros better on IF, or do you think your other diet was easier?

Curious to see what these answers will be. Also have you seen physical changes in the 18 days of doing IF?
    If anything was easier it was the times I had to eat. I think IF is most beneficial for people who have trouble hitting there macros and finding time to eat, like people with familes or hectic work schedules. Hard to tell if the IF has made much of a change because I've been dieting for almost 80 days now. Probably should have started IF further down the road to gauge its effects, but I'm looking leaner.

Quote Originally Posted by jg2243 View Post
    Hey johnnyblaze I have the same issue with protein... Stomach pains and
    Bloating ... Started taking OTC probiotics and it took the bloating and stomach pains away ... I take one pill a day and know issues ..
    Cool man I'll check it out. I've been ok when I stay away from dairy and lactose products but I will check out your recommendation, thanks!

Day 78 / IF Day 19

Had a carb up day today, I hit maintenance cals and got almost 400g of carbs in. Got my protein intake and my fat to an absolute minimal. All complex carbs source and a few baked potatoes. I'm craving a bowl of reese puffs and might cave in after I finish logging this . Solid leg workout today.

Legs -

Squats - 2x Warmups 2x20 4x15/12/12/10
    Leg Press - 4x20/15/15/12
    Leg Extensions* - 3x8 Dropset 3x10 Dropset 3x12
    Laying Hamstring Curls - 6x20/18/15/15/12/12
    Calf Raises - 4x20

No PWO cardio

45mins Swimming.

My brother came to visit and he asked if I was going to the gym in which I told him I was but I would be doing legs and if he wanted to he could join my routine. I thought he would be hurting but he said I destroyed him, he actually puked twice haha. I bet he's not going to be able to walk tomorrow Lol. I did get some swimming in a little later in the day, about 45 mins and I did some intense laps, I'll be doing some more swimming tomorrow probably all day with the family here. Happy fathers day tomorrow everybody, rest day tomorrow!

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze

If anything was easier it was the times I had to eat. I think IF is most beneficial for people who have trouble hitting there macros and finding time to eat, like people with familes or hectic work schedules. Hard to tell if the IF has made much of a change because I've been dieting for almost 80 days now. Probably should have started IF further down the road to gauge its effects, but I'm looking leaner.
    Cool deal, i have found that IF is better for "on the go people" but for some reason it wasn't agreeing with me. Awesome keep it up, 10 more days till pics right?

Cool deal, i have found that IF is better for "on the go people" but for some reason it wasn't agreeing with me. Awesome keep it up, 10 more days till pics right?
    Yes I promised you guys some pics on day 90 for a comparison of when I started. I might take a little break from this log after the pics because I got some other things planned and ready to go .

jpowell is offline Banned
    U got pre pics to help compare rite!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    U got pre pics to help compare rite!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Yes I do, I'll have them up.

Day 79 / IF Day 20

Rest day today, didn't do anything but hang out with family and swim for about 45mins. I also played some basketball for about 30 mins so I got in more cardio in then I usually do on my rest days. Almost every member of my family has been commenting on how big I look and the comments are pleasing to my ears haha. I am starting to look leaner and actually is making me look bigger. My weight jumped up from the carb load yesterday but it made my muscles fuller and helped with my sleep. All day today I felt sluggish and just lazy, probably a combination of the carb load and being on a rest day haha.

Switched up my workout routine a little bit and it goes into effect tomorrow. All I changed was the days I take my OFF days on. Also I'm sad to announce that I will be ending the IF style of dieting tomorrow as well. It is starting to effect my sessions in the gym and I'm just starving a lot throughout the day and it pisses me off or sends me into moods sometimes. I would recommend it to anybody that is trying to cut and busy though, just not working for me right now. I'm sure I will return to it sometime in the future. So tomorrow my diet just go back to normal, I'll still be doing carb load on my saturdays and been talking with somebody that is recommending I add a second carb load day mid week. Still kicking around the idea, I just might do it.

Day 80

10 more days and I will have hit about 3 months. As you can see and if you read my log yesterday I stopped the IF style diet. Just wasn't working with me right now but I would not hesitate to re-visit it in the future. My carbs are consumed pre and post workout and following just traditional diet. I might stop this log at the 90 day mark since I have other plans and goals, we will see.

Chest -

Decline BB Bench - 2x15 Warmups 4x8
    Incline DB Bench - 4x8/8/6/6
    Machine Flys - 3x10
    Cable Crossovers - 3x8

Abs -

Incline Leg Lifts - 4x15

PWO Cadio - 20mins LIC

When heavy and hard today since last week I was focusing more on higher reps and more of a burn. I have to say higher volume, less reps and more intensity is far more rewarding then high reps low volume. They all have there place in time though. I usually don't work out this day but like I said I switched some things around for this week.

JB, where are you at as far as weight and Bf%? Are you planning a bulk soon?

My weight is around 180lbs compared to when I started at 192lbs. I've had some "assistance" so that's why you don't see a drastic weight change. I wanted to focus this thread mainly on my dieting that's why I never mentioned it.

I would place my BF% right around 14-15% from when I started around 22%. I still need to get that thing of amazon so I can get a ballpark figure. I have calipers but I get different reads all the time, I just don't know what I'm doing with them lol.

I want to get to about 10% or less before I bulk, and I will bulk with assistance as well .

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    My weight is around 180lbs compared to when I started at 192lbs. I've had some "assistance" so that's why you don't see a drastic weight change. I wanted to focus this thread mainly on my dieting that's why I never mentioned it.

I would place my BF% right around 14-15% from when I started around 22%. I still need to get that thing of amazon so I can get a ballpark figure. I have calipers but I get different reads all the time, I just don't know what I'm doing with them lol.

I want to get to about 10% or less before I bulk, and I will bulk with assistance as well .
    Fantastic man, If thats you in the avi it's a major change from your starting pics.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Fantastic man, If thats you in the avi it's a major change from your starting pics.
    Yea man it is, my girl took that when she came down to visit. I might get some pics up a little before the 90 Day mark because I'm supposed to go see a friend this upcoming weekend, will see how things play out.

Been busy lately but ill post up tonight.

Day 81

Good diet day and workout, everything was solid. Got a delt and traps work in.

Delts -

Machine Press - 4x10/10/10/8
    DB Military Press - 4x10/8/8/8
    Front Lat DB Raises - 3x10

Traps -

Behind Neck Pulldowns - 4x10/10/8/8
    Lat Raises - 4x12
    BB Shrugs - 3x10

PWO Cardio - 20mins LIC

Strength was good, this was one of my best workouts this whole time. Always have good Shoulder day.

Day 82

Went to visit family, planned on working out today but it didn't happen. Just going to chalk it up as a rest day today and get a session in tomorrow. Played some bball and had a good diet so not to worried.

Day 83

Another off day, I havn't hit the gym in the past 2 days and being lazy. I feel like crap, going to get on it tomorrow even know I said that yesterday and didn't get it done. Need to get back on track so I can have a strong last week before I get these pics up. Planning to just work all through the weekend since I already took my 2 OFF days this week.

Day 84

Sorry guys, I've been crazy busy latley and slacking a bit on my log, I'm getting restless as these last couple days in terms of keeping my progress updated on here. My work is still going good though. Got back in the gym today and had a great back workout.

Back -

Lat Pulldowns - 4x10
    Seated Rows - 4x10
    Bent Over Rows - 3x8
    Seated 1 Handed Pulldowns - 3x8

PWO Cardio - 30mins LIC

Back was thrashed, finally got to work out in a gym with different equipment compared to the crap one I work out in.

Day 85

Got up early and killed it again. I'm loving this new gym, it's actually a gym, not a warehouse with old crap in it. Got a solid arm workout in. My cuzin has been rollin with me to the gym lately and she is getting beat up haha.

Bi's -

Standing DB Curls - 3x10
    Preacher Curls - 3x10
    Iso Cable Curls - 3x12

Tri's

Close Grip Bench - 3x10
    Rope Pulldowns - 4x8
    Straight Bar Pushdowns - 4x8/8/6/6

PWO Cardio - 30mins LIC

Solid diet again, feel a lot better after those 2 day slip ups of doing nothing. Crazy how just doing a workout in a day will change your mood, I love it.

Alright fellas I'm about 5 days behind on this thing but I've still been putting in the work in the gym and kitchen. I'll post my pics up here in a second.

I'll be laying this log to rest for a little, I've been crazy busy.

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze
    I'll post my pics up here in a second..
    Waiting!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	124098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June_16.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	124099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	june_25.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	124100

(1) First day I was about 193lbs or so.
    (2) Before day 90 but pretty much where I am at now, think it was from about 2 weeks ago.
    (3) Taken yesterday, I am holding a bit of water as compared to the 2nd pic where I'm a little more dry.

Thanks for following along guys, and I want to give a shout out to everybody that helped me tweak a few things when I hit a roadblock, mainly SteM! Thanks to bikeral and 405 along with others for the support. I will still be training hard and putting in work, it has basiclly become my lifestyle now. I'm just going to bow out from this log portion for now.

I'm sure I will come back and make another log with a little more of an exciting diet approach. hope you guys enjoyed and goodluck to anybody cranking down the road to improve there physical well being!!

AXx
    Awesome bro. More motivation for us!!! Have fun with the break from the log

Awesome bro. More motivation for us!!! Have fun with the break from the log
    Thanks man. I encourage anybody that is deadset on changing to stay strict on your log just as if you were staying strict on your diet or training. The log always set me straight and kept me on a more organized path. Plus now I have something to always revert back to if I want to re-read some things or see how I felt!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Well DONE.

I like your approach of a log for a specific goal for a specific period of time!

Fantastic job bro. Hope you will be sticking around even though you are closing out the log. Perhaps a bulk?
    Thanks for all your help as well.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information