nobbythedonkey is offline Associate Member

Opinions on this statement

I read this paragraph on a testimonial for a fat burner, what's your opinion on it??

"I carry my fat on my back, at the sides and along the middle. The latter 2 indicate I am very intolerant to carbs and the belly fat indicates high cortisol levels. I also carry fat on my lower lats which indicates thyroid dysregulation."

jypoll is offline Member
    i havent read any literature that states where you put fat if you have abnormal cortsiol or thyroid. but if its a testimonial on a fat burner, it likely has no validity. ive seen fat burners say they specifically target belly fat, and we all no you cannot just burn fat on specific areas of your body

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^ i cant tell u whether this is true or bs but i can tell u we have difft fat in difft places.. theres WAT (white adipose tissue)fat and BAT (brown adipose tissue) fat.. fat has difft levels of receptors which makes it easier or harder to mobilize.. beta receptors and alpha receptors.. its pretty complicated.. i dont know but that statement sounds like oversimplification at the very least.. and i dont think itd apply uniformly to everyone..

did u know that if ur diet consisted of primarily saturated fat and u gained weight from that diet ur body would store the fat and it would consist of a difft molecular make-up than if ur diet was primarily mono or poly unsaturated and one type would be easier to mobilize and burn than another.. i think the saturated fat is harder to get rid of..

so basically u can burn off (hopefully) all the fat u have on u now and then change ur diet to include mostly mono and polyunsaturated fats and get fat again and have an easier time losing weight the second time than u did the first...

its also possible for say a woman to diet and mobilize fat from her abs and burn some of it and then whats left could be re-stored in her butt! over a period of time she could get really lean in her upper body and get fatter in her lower body..

fat is an amazing thing..

So fat gained from a fairly clean diet is easier to shed than say a dirty bulk of pizza etc ?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^thats the idea yes pretty cool huh?

Not to worried about gaining a body fat when I start a bulk up :-)

Thanks for the info

Only reason I posted the above statement is that i carry my fat around my gut and back, I've been strict dieting around 2 months, not seeing much change.

Think I'll have to finish this "cut" then try a clean bulk for 12 weeks and then cut back for 12 weeks, may have to look at the palumbo or a general keto diet

Quote Originally Posted by nobbythedonkey View Post
    I read this paragraph on a testimonial for a fat burner, what's your opinion on it??

"I carry my fat on my back, at the sides and along the middle. The latter 2 indicate I am very intolerant to carbs and the belly fat indicates high cortisol levels. I also carry fat on my lower lats which indicates thyroid dysregulation."

Sounds like BioSignature which Charles Poliquin came up with. Not saying I buy into it but it's basically the theory that where the body stores fat is directly related to its hormone profile so wherever you store your fat can gauge what hormones are imbalanced.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbythedonkey View Post
    Not to worried about gaining a body fat when I start a bulk up :-)

Thanks for the info

Only reason I posted the above statement is that i carry my fat around my gut and back, I've been strict dieting around 2 months, not seeing much change.

Think I'll have to finish this "cut" then try a clean bulk for 12 weeks and then cut back for 12 weeks, may have to look at the palumbo or a general keto diet

how strict? these guys really know there stuff here and i bet if you post up what your daily diet is, they will gladly help you get to where you want to be. good question though

My current diet plan for fat loss, I'm around 75kg and 5ft 11 tall

Weight Loss Diet (around 2000 cals a day):

breakfast:
    4 whole scrambled eggs
    75g Oats with scoop of Manuka Honey

Snack:
    75g Oats in Water mixed with 1 heaped scoop of Gaspari Myofusion Chocolate Flavour

Lunch:
    50g Basmati Brown Rice
    220g Steamed Chicken (with some herb seasonings)

Snack 2:
    50g Oats in Water mixed with 1 heaped scoop of Gaspari Myofusion Chocolate

Dinner:
    50g Basmati Brown Rice
    220g Steamed Chicken (with some herb seasonings)
    Last edited by nobbythedonkey; 04-03-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Wanna list the macro's for that diet, looks like it may have more than 2000cals. Do you have an allergy to veggies?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Also what is your bf %?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Body fat is around 13 to 15% haven't accurately had it checked

My other thread shows the macros and calories to around 2100 but I've near enough half my carbs

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=#.T3rzlBB5mSM

I have halved my afternoon carbs so the nutritional values will be slightly off.
    Last edited by nobbythedonkey; 04-03-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Thread Information