Detlions is offline Junior Member

Whey protein - so many to choose from, going out today, need advice.

I have been going through protein shakes the last 3 weeks it's insane.

Anyways I have ran out, going out to get more.
    I have been reading that casine protein is good before bed, why can't I use it for my 3-4 shakes a day? Gonna get whey for pre & post workouts.

Are they mostly all the same? And how come some are double the price of others?

Reason I ask I know you guys have some good knowledge on this subject. Every time I go into the store there is a huge Arnold guy trying to sell me his over stocked stuff, I don't mind spending the extra $ but I want a good brand and of course I want it to taste good.

I just used up my 5kg tub of six star double chocolate it was alright.

Ok need to know fellas...whoops and gals

Thx

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Get a blend of whey, egg white and casein. It's all I use nowadays. If you are going through it that quick I'd suggest that you follower food rather than drink that much powder.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Detlions View Post
    I have been reading that casine protein is good before bed, why can't I use it for my 3-4 shakes a day? Gonna get whey for pre & post workouts.
    Who says that you can't?

You will benefit even more from a whey-casein blend compared to a regular whey only shake, which is why top designer brands have been coming up with whey-casein blends as their prime products lately (Gaspari Nut. Myofusion, Dymatize Nut. Elite Series and etc.)

thanks

ok sounds good stem.
    by the way things are going better than expected. 5 week on the gear, and 3 week on my strict diet.
    thanks again!

I am going to wait 2 more weekd to post pics, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised from the old pics

Ok got back from the store here's what I got:

All max casein FX 25gr protein 0 fat and low carb - for bedtime

For the day I got ultimate nutrition - bio active whey protein low fat

And I got talked into Progressive - VegeGreens, ultimate super food. It literally has every veggie, all oils, flaxseed. A comprehensive blend of over 60 phytonutrients including super green foods, land, sea and cruciferious vegetables, EFA's, herbal extracts and probiotics.
    It tasted like shit but I think I will put the 2 table spoons into a shake. The guy gave me a big speech. He said he takes it everyday while he was talking he was flexing his 20 inch pythons, the guy was a freaking beast.

You guys think it's good time put into a diet?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Why didn't you buy a blend?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Why didn't you buy a blend?
    The dude said that it's a waste of money.
    He said keep the casein just for bed, and the whey he sold me was really low in fat. He said he has 20 years exp. ?
    He also said when on a cutting cycle you can use the casein but it would be expensive, 2 - 4 tubs at 70 bucks a pop?

Have you heard of the vege blend I got?

He said keep the casein just for bed,
    You can drink you casein only shake before bed, but this does not mean you will not benefit from a whey-casein blend PWO or any other time of the day either.

Again, whey-casein blend yields better results for athletes, lifters and etc. compared to a whey only option.

Thanks juicer,

I only got a 2lb whey, when I go back in a couple of weeks I will get the casein-whey blend.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I think what you got is fine. Dont sweat this small bs. Take the casein before bed. drink they whey during the day - drink it with complex carbs and fats alongside (or in- whatever). For example oats and fish oil or oats and flax meal. This kind of stuff is so insignificant. I virtually guarantee someone could switch to all whey all the time or all casein all the time and there would be no difference results wise. Everyone touts blends - which is good and I like them when I cant find 5lbs of whey conc for 20-25 bucks or im not getting freebies. I like team skip blend because I at least know how much of each kind of protein im getting. No one that uses myofusion has a clue how much of any type of protein they are getting. Its a propritary blend which honestly prob means a high amount of the cheapest protein and a dash of all the others.

How many grams of protein are you getting per day anyway if u are drinking 4 shakes? Are you eating any proteins or just using shakes? If shakes ARE your sole source of protein a quality blend may be a good idea. If not supplement with whatever- honestly it wont matter. Show me someone that says they switched to casein and built more muyscle (or vice versa) and ill show you someone thats full of crap.

aportinastorm is offline Junior Member
    Always been a fan of gold standards protein and its not a bad price, also would agree that a blend seems to work pretty well.

Hukebuck is offline Junior Member
    i use On gold standard myself i lke it taste good and not so filling you cant eat right after drinking it. plus price wise isnt bad. i drink ON casein before bed. like it was stated i wouldnt worry to much bout it these guys know what theyre talking about. i thought i was doin a good diet a while back but it involved about 6 shakes a day. i was told to replace most of my shakes with food, i did and weight started to go on. now i stiick to a blend as soon as i get up a PWO shake and casien before bed. also try ordering stuff online man its cheaper than stores imo cause you can buy bigger tubs or they may have buy on get ones or some sort of deal and some even have free shipping. i always see how many shakes i have left and order a week before i run out so im never out. good luck and listen to what the gurus have to say gear isnt the only reason they look the way they do

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I think what you got is fine. Dont sweat this small bs. Take the casein before bed. drink they whey during the day - drink it with complex carbs and fats alongside (or in- whatever). For example oats and fish oil or oats and flax meal. This kind of stuff is so insignificant. I virtually guarantee someone could switch to all whey all the time or all casein all the time and there would be no difference results wise. Everyone touts blends - which is good and I like them when I cant find 5lbs of whey conc for 20-25 bucks or im not getting freebies. I like team skip blend because I at least know how much of each kind of protein im getting. No one that uses myofusion has a clue how much of any type of protein they are getting. Its a propritary blend which honestly prob means a high amount of the cheapest protein and a dash of all the others.

How many grams of protein are you getting per day anyway if u are drinking 4 shakes? Are you eating any proteins or just using shakes? If shakes ARE your sole source of protein a quality blend may be a good idea. If not supplement with whatever- honestly it wont matter. Show me someone that says they switched to casein and built more muyscle (or vice versa) and ill show you someone thats full of crap.
    I am getting in on average 320 gr protein per day, 160 through shakes and 160 through natural foods (chicken, egg whites and some red meat) I weight is 206lbs

I am getting in on average 320 gr protein per day, 160 through shakes and 160 through natural foods (chicken, egg whites and some red meat) I weight is 206lbs
    That is indeed a whole a lot of protein that comes from shakes.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Whey = really fast absorption (to fast IMO)
    whey + casein = slower absorption (perfect for PWO IMO)
    casein = slowest absorption (perfect for bedtime IMO)

This being said there are ways to slow down absorption of whey, as in adding in carbs or fats. You will never find me consuming just straight whey as it is absorbed way to quickly and leaves you hungry again really soon after.

Thread Information