skynard_83 is offline New Member

Low cal. diet or is too low?

I've never tried a diet before but

was wondering if this diet is going to help me reach my goal i've been on it for a week now the goal is lose weight.. Im 5'7 ,254 lbs and and havent chkd my bf yet but arnd 30%

Breakfast:
    2 cups cereal
    1 cup 1% milk
    total cals=390 cals

lunch:
    ham and cheese sandwich
    bag of chips
    total cals=450 cals

Dinner:
    2 slices of whole wheat bread
    1 can of campbells chunky
    total cals=540 cals

Total calories=1380 calories
    cardio 30 mins eliptical=430 cal.

This is just a basic diet that I came up with so im open to any suggestions ..so far it seems to be working though

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your daily cal intake is too low for your current stats.

Your choice of food is far from being decent. You are basically putting bunch of processed food in your body with various additives and a high amount of sodium everyday. There are virtually no healthy fats and/or quality carbs in your diet. Your daily protein intake is ridiculously low, not to mention your daily fiber intake is about 1/5 of what you need.

You will soon loose a significant amount of muscle mass if you follow this diet.

5'7 254 lbs 30% BF, you are medically obese. I urge you talk to a medical expert as soon as possible. Find a nutritionist/dietician who can help you with this.

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    You should eat atleast 5-6 meals a day, I don't think that 3 meals a day is enough. Also I think your calories are low.

I would suggest to read all the stickies at the nutritional section especially dieting 101.

WSC786 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skynard_83 View Post
    I've never tried a diet before but

was wondering if this diet is going to help me reach my goal i've been on it for a week now the goal is lose weight.. Im 5'7 ,254 lbs and and havent chkd my bf yet but arnd 30%

Breakfast:
    2 cups cereal
    1 cup 1% milk
    total cals=390 cals

lunch:
    ham and cheese sandwich
    bag of chips
    total cals=450 cals

Dinner:
    2 slices of whole wheat bread
    1 can of campbells chunky
    total cals=540 cals

Total calories=1380 calories
    cardio 30 mins eliptical=430 cal.

This is just a basic diet that I came up with so im open to any suggestions ..so far it seems to be working though

Hey Man Welcome, the good thing is you came to the right place. The bad thing is your diet is completely horrible...No offence. I wouldn't eat any of those food bulking for the most part, let along when trying to cut.
    Like mentioned before your protein intake is incrediblly low. Your carbs are coming from nothing of any substance.....potato chips??? Really...your kidding right??
    Go through and read some of the sticky liked mentioned. Dieting 101...etc. Determine your TDEE which is most likely twice what your eating now.
    When you get a chance re-post with your TDEE and post a pic or actually get your BF tested so we know exactly where you are. Id venture a guess that you may even be more then 30%. Either way we need a accurate starting point to help....but we can help.

Good Luck

skynard_83 is offline New Member
    thanks will do I understand it may not be the best and it doesnt cover all areas but its only a start and I'll be sure to post after reading more and making some adhustments to it.But thanks for the input I kinda expected that from people who are way better at this than I am..

WSC786 is offline Associate Member
    NO worries man. Everyone had to start from where u are. The important thing is u recognize that the diet is key and your here asking the right questions.
    Post up what we asked for and we will take it from there. There are a lot of smart people on here that are willing to share there knowledge. I love this forum..lol.

Thread Information