Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    big88sub is offline Associate Member

would like a little help with my diet please

short cut diet before my cycle

Ok so I finally took some time and I think I figured this out. This is what I'm going to try to stock to for at least two weeks before my cycle to drop bf. Cardio at 3 days a week at least and 4-5 days working out. 40% 40% 20% Carbs. Protein . Fat Grams per day. 220. 220. 48 Grams pereal. 73. 73. 16 Calories per day. 880. 880. 440 Calories per meal. 293. 293. 146

This is around 2200 cal a day at 3 meals a day for know. When I start my cycle it will be a bulking cycle and I will rework to put me in the positive. If anybody has comment or food suggestions to help with this I'd appreciate the feed back. Actually I need a lot of help putting food in for my meals.From the equation I used I figure my daily caloric expenditure is around 3015 without cardio or gym please do not critique this as there are 130 some different equations by 40 different publisher on this so it's not worth arguing over a few caps here and there. Thanks

If y'all have your diet figure out to around the same or less caps and maybe would share what food you eat that would be awesome. I will be going threw my food and getting macros. The food I have is a lot of the things ive seen y'all eating on your diets. I eat just about anything that will fill a void so I'm not real picky please help thaks

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey bIg welcome to the forum man .. Glad u posted a thread..

1. Wat r ur stats? Age weight height bf%?

2. IMO to cycle most effectively/efficiently/properly one should be no higher than 12%bf at the start.. This allows room for some fat gain as well as having bf low enuff to reduce risk of neg sides.. Id also like to note i feel the same way about a natty bulk.. Anything over 12% is too high IMO..

5'10" 200 lbs I haven't weighed myself in a couple weeks and I know I've lost some weight but we can use that for now 20% bf

I going to be honest and say I probably won't wait to get down to 12% bf but I might. My gear is in another state/at home and I won't be home for at least a week and might go another week after I get home before cycle but it could possibly be 3 weeks before cycle. Anyways I got to get this diet straight first. Thanks

Do u not have a scale at home? I suggest getting on it.. Also 20%bf is a guess i assume cuz it seems unlikely ud know ur bf and not ur weight.. Id also get bf chekd..

At 200lbs and 20%bf:
    BMR: 1937
    TDEE:3003

Google Katch/McArdle formula for calc tdee.. Uses LBM.. Its not exact but works for me

If these r indeed ur stats (or close) 2200cals wil be a good start.. Personally id suggest low carb but thats just my opinion.. I suggest u post a diet for review including total cAls and macros..

Calorie count dot com is the site i use to figure it up.. Chek it out..

Also if u havent read stickies i suggest u read:
    1. So u wanna learn how to diet
    2. How to cut
    3. Tdee

To do it properly u need to lose @20lbs fat before considering a cycle IMO..

Also if u dont know how to build a diet without help u shouldnt be running a cycle.. Ur doing it wrong dude..

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    you don't need steriods to cut weight. Diet/lifting/cardio is all you need. Diet is important though. you have to stick with it for a long time as well.

My scale is in ny I'm in Ohio would rather not buy another. The one I have at home figure bf for me. Not sure how accurate it is. The gym I'm going to doesn't have a scale. Im going off numbers from a month ago and have done nothing but loose weight since. I know I'm not ready and thats why I'm tryin to get this diet straight and if I have to I will figure it out myself. I have the food a calculator and the web I was just trying to get maybe a sample diet from one of y'all but if you don't want to make it that easy for me that's fine no hard feelings I'm a big boy. Still help would be nice thanks.

I'm not going to take steroids to loose weight. And I do cardio and go to the gym. Criticize all you want but tryin to how to diet first wich I have never done properly and I'm man enough to admit it. Im not using steroids right now and just want some advice on a baseline diet to work off of.

The bmr that I got is 2010 my at is around804 and my dt is around 201 with the formulas i have so my maintenance is 3015.

This is what I'm goin to start off with as far as food. Only 3 meals a day for now
    Breakfast 8 egg serv egg whites 8g carbs 40g pro 0fat
    1 can tuna 2g 20g 1g
    1/2 cup oatmeal 26g 5g 2.5g
    Fish cap 1.5g fat
    71 grams carbs 62 grams protein 17.5 grams fat

Lunch
    12oz chickeon 2g 48g 3g
    1/2 cup Brown rice 72g 8g 3g
    74 g 56g 6g

Dinner
    12oz chicken 2g 48g 3g
    1/2 cup Brown rice 72g 8g 3g
    Fish oil cap 1.5gfat
    74g 56g 7.5g
    I'm shooting for a 40/40/20 ratio at 2200 a day. That breaks down to 73g of carbs 73g of pro and 16g of fat in each meal.
    So this what I'm gonna start doin and I can hear the critique already so let's improve from here. Workout will be done after dinner.
    Last edited by big88sub; 04-24-2012 at 09:12 PM.

I have to explain my schedule a little and this isn't my permanent roitine. I work nights. 6pm to 6am. Breakfast at 5pm lunch at12am dinner at 6am. Befor breakfast ill go to gym. Before dinner ill go on a bike ride of 5 to 10 miles. When I get back home my work schedule will go back to days. If you will help or comment from that I appreciate it thanks.

Any suggestions on protein mix for extra meal sup here and there

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Why 3 meals a day 'for now'?

You lift before you eat, is that right or am I reading it wrong?

I'd limit your carb meals to around your workout, pre and post only if you are only eating 3x per day.

Did you read the dieting 101 - cutting sticky?

In all honesty, in 3 weeks you will be exceptionally lucky to get down to even 18%, still too high for a safe cycle IMO. Look at the problems in Detlions log for cycling at too high a bf, he stopped his cycle early.

If I was cutting at 2100 cals per day, and I do it over 6 meals it would be

50g carbs in meal 1 and in pre and post workout.
    40-50g protein in each of the 6 meals
    8-10g fat in all meals except post workout where fat intake should be limited.

Hope that helps!

How many carbs in other meals?

Quote Originally Posted by big88sub View Post
    How many carbs in other meals?
    Only what comes from your reen veggies or protein sources.

What do y'all think of yogurt

I'm redoing meal plan to six meals at 2000 caps will post.

What do y'all think of yogurt
    Not for me when cutting, too much sugar. Cottage cheese is a better similar option.

I'm not going to take steroids to loose weight. And I do cardio and go to the gym. Criticize all you want but tryin to how to diet first wich I have never done properly and I'm man enough to admit it. Im not using steroids right now and just want some advice on a baseline diet to work off of.
    big thats what were here for man.. to critique ur plan.. dont take it personally.. we're trying to help u.. wat u do with the info is ur business but we're not gonna just tell u wat u wanna hear..

ur situation basically comes down to patience.. u want to cycle but ur carrying too much fat to take full advantage of it whether u wanna admit it or not.. the best thing u could do for urself is be patient and cut from where u are now down to 10-12%bf.. then cycle.. say ur 20%bf rite now.. u run a cycle and gain 15-20 lbs.. ur bf is gonna go up so u will finish ur cycle higher than where u started.. this is not to mention the probs u could run into..

say u end up at 23%bf after cycle.. ur gonna have to pct during which time u may put on even more fat.. by the time thats over u could be at 25%bf.. then ur gonna cut.. and chances are ur gonna lose a fair amt of ur gains cuz u will have a lot of fat to lose..

if u cut down to 12% now not only will u look better, feel better, and have knowledge necessary to complete a successful cut but u will also only be @17%bf when u finish ur cycle (assuming fat gain is the same and these numbers are purely hypothetical).. also ur gains will look better.. at 25%bf and 15-20lbs heavier ur just gonna look like a fat guy that lifts weights.. the choice is urs..

I get it man. And yes I'm fairly impatient and going to get this new diet posted use it and build from there. Give me a few minutes. I'm not gonna let these few extra pounds stick around much longer. I'm on mission to loose it and that's what I'm going to do.

Ok here's the new and improve six meal diet.
    3pm 1cup oatmeal 52g carbs 10g pro 5g fat
    1 scoop protein 2 g 20 g .3 g
    Fish oil cap 1.5 fat

Try to get to gym around 3:30
    6pm 3 oz steak 0 23 9
    1/4 cup Brown rice 36 4 1.5
    2 scoops protein 4 40 .6

9pm 2 fish fillets 4 30 4
    Spinach 5 3 1

12am 1 chicken breast 1 24 1.5
    1 tbsp pb 4 3.5 8

3 am chicken breast 1 24 1.5
    4 slices Turkey bacon 0 8 6

6am 18tbsp egg whites 6 30 0
    1/2 cup oat meal 26 5 2.5
    1 scoop protein 2 20 .3
    1 tbsp pb 4 3.5 8
    Fish cap 1.5 fat
    This calculate out to be only 1810 calories a day and this is the last time I'm going to post the whole diet until I get in front of a computer cause its being weird and I can't see what I'm posting
    Last edited by big88sub; 04-26-2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: had crap i didnt need

Then bike ride after or maybe before last meal. Who thinks this is a little on the light side? I'm not looking to save every ounce of muscle at the moment but I think I'll be fine. I'm so excited can't wait to see the outcome. I might even post some pics later so we can do a before and after look. Go ahead and leave suggestions or questions but Got to get to bed. Talk to y'all later.

Yoghurt as a carbs source is an extremely poor choice. Oats, sweet potatoes, yams, brown rice are far superior choices.

Actually, you know what, most of it needs changing. Use the parameters I gave you in post 15.

SImply (almost) - no dairy, no fruit, veg should be leafy or cruciferous greens. No fruit or vegetable juice.

Try that.

I looked at my yogurt and 33g of the carbs are sugar. I will edit later when o wake up

I fixed my diet I think. Please check it out. If need to add anymore food to any of these meals I'm not sure if Im capable of eating it all. It's actually harder to eat that little in that short amount of time then I thought it would be. It seems I even eat more food then I did before but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure what you amended macro wise though food choices are better. I suggested 150g carbs but you have approx 200. You only have about 200g of pro but this should be a min of 240. You are also about 10g too light on fat!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I'll remove 1/2 cup oat and 1/4 cup Brown rice and add a protein shake in there give me sec.

Ok I think you will approve my edited diet this time. I came up with 143.5 carbs 244.5 protein and 55 fat.

Carp I guess I should add a tbs or two of pb in my last meal

I'll also switch meal 2 and 3. Is that far enough away from my workout for that fat or not.

Better! No veggies? Is 6 am you last meal? If so you need to move the oats somewhere else.

I'd also move one of you 2 scoops of pro from post workout into pre workout.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Honestly I'm not used to eating this often and I don't think I condiment anymore food in there. I'm not hungry when it's time to eat again. Will it be ok to add some veggies when I get used to this or feel hungry. I'll try again.thanks for the help

If you prefer less meals and that works better then go for it but same rules apply. Majority, if not all, carbs pre and post workout. You'd still have to eat the same amount of food! And this is a calorie deficit, you'll have to eat more when you bulk!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Stem how far from last meal should carbs be. Is fifth meal fine

Sorry you were replying as I was. I'm probably not as full as I think. It's not like I'm stuffed after meals. I'll get used to it. When I bulk I'll stuff my face with whatever it takes.

Fifth is fine. I feel uncomfortable sleeping with carbs in my last meal and there are also reports that carbs at bedtime can inhibit GH release when sleeping. But it's the former of those 2 reasons that put me off.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I'm going to re write this on paper check my numbers then repost hopefully final draft of cut diet. I appreciate the help stem. Are any of the carbs or anything going to need to be moved when I bulk.

Im going to move those also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information