>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member

Talking --->mass diet rough copy, need advice<---

ok so after some work, i've managed to calculate some sort of diet plan for myelf on a typical day. some days i manage a bit more and some days a bit less...reason being is that im pretty new to this diet ordeal and am having a hard time adjusting to the necessary amounts i need.

STATS:

5'7" - 25y - 155-160lbs (fluxuates pretty steady between the 2 numbers) - bf% between 14-20% (i'd say lower but those were the guesses i got) and training exp is 1year hard, anything before that i was just pvssy-footin' around.

Goals: 200lbs - lean would be nice but not focused on that so much. just want to be stocky-er and not look like a weezle.

Meals:

#1 @6am 12 grain bagle w/ cheese, eggs, bacon or sausage and 250mL whole milk
    665 CAL - 30.5g FAT - 70g CARB - 29g PRO

#2 @ 9am 3 hard boiled eggs & 250mL whole milk
    356 CAL - 23g FAT - 16g CARB - 29g PRO

#3 @ 12noon Foot Long sub Turkey, veggie on whole wheat
    880 CAL - 33g FAT - 106g CARB - 39g PRO

#4 @ 330pm PRE WORKOUT SNACK = PASTA w/ sauce or parm
    320 CAL - 2g FAT - 68g CARB - 12g PRO

WORKOUT @ 5pm for 1 hour or so EOD

POST-WORK-OUT SHAKE = 250mL whole milk, 1 large banana, 1/2 cup oats dry, 2 tsp flax oil, GNC maximum whey protein
    777 CAL - 31.4g FAT - 79g CARB - 48.5g PRO

#5 @ 7 or later 2 Chicken Breast, w/ 1/2cup rice & veggie
    526 CAL - 4.36g FAT - 80g CARB - 38.12g PRO

Before bed snack to help digest at night...and yes, it works for me!
    500mL milk w/ Honey bunches of oats with almonds
    544 CAL - 22g FAT - 50g CARB - 20g PRO

TOTAL MACROS: 4068 CAL - 146.26g FAT - 469g CARB - 215.62g PRO

Ok so i calculated my TDEE and BMR and i came up with 3200 CAL due to my high level of activity. I work as an electrician 40hours per week, and work out EOD lifting heavy (for me, but light as fVck in reality), have a pretty active home life with 3 little sh!theads running all over the place and i still try to Get laid here and there...just sayin im pretty active!!! I only do light cardio for heart health and warm-up. sometimes i may not finish all meals, leaving only a few bites behind. this will lower the count a little bit, but less than if i stuff it down and YAK IT ALL UP. also on off days i may not have my PWO shake, but sometimes i take it anyways and skip pre-workout snack etc...

i'm looking for some realy help, but please understand that i am also trying to have a bit of variety in my diet so i can enjoy eating...slowly but surely i will convert each meal as perscribed by all you knowledgeable guys on here. thanks in advance for all your help!

SONGDOG, here's your shot...please give me the advice you have been pushing me towards thus far. i have taken your advice and posted this diet plan with macros. i appreciate the encouragement and i want to get this straight so i can get the full benefits of a good diet as u recomended.

BIGSWOLL, you've said you're experienced and knowledgeable in nutrition so your thought would be appreciated as well

and everyone else, i look forward to your responses!!!

^^^^^
    Last edited by >Good Luck<; 04-28-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Bump

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Mate, seriously, I would suggest you cut for 8 weeks first. And when you bulk, just eat more of your cutting foods.

Where did that diet come from? All that fat and lots of it saturated too?

You need to read some stickies and other peoples threads and start from scratch!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Mate, seriously, I would suggest you cut for 8 weeks first. And when you bulk, just eat more of your cutting foods.

Where did that diet come from? All that fat and lots of it saturated too?

You need to read some stickies and other peoples threads and start from scratch!
    Thanks for the advice, but any cutting would be crazy. I have nothing to cut, Im 160lbs soaking wet. I have been reading and realizing what your saying is true, so I am tryin to find ways to improve. In the mean time I still need to eat.

So far I've replaced rice and pasta with whole wheat pasta and brown rice and sweet potatoes .

I have replaced night snack with cottage cheese or casein rich snack for slow burning protein. (casein powder any good)

I have lowered milk intake for insulin levels. (although I thought insulin was good for IGF)

I am working on making these foods that are recommended to eat, eatable.... Tuna, cottage cheese, brown rice, brown pasta etc... Its all new to Me, and definitely is a huge difference in flavor. I've been eating anything and everythibg that tastes good fr years...not complaining, just rolling with the punches. Committing to This "diet" to gain muscle is harder than committing to the gym. I'll revamp the diet and try again. Thanks for your honesty.

You are 16-18%bf. I would argue that is something to cut.

If you wanna bulk you are gonna have to be very careful with your cals and macros and dedication.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

UPDATE!!

I believe i have made some progress with my diet! hopefully improvements that earn some feedback. the diet revision is as follows

meal 1 - 12 grain whole wheat bagle with bacon and egg and cheese + 250mL milk

520 cal - 642g carb - 31g pro

meal 2 - 1 can tuna with 3 boiled eggs (1 yolk removed) with mayo + melbatoast & 250mL milk

832 cal - 45 g carb - 65g protein

meal 3 - 2 chicken legs 1 chicken breast & 1 cup brown rice with water

434 cal - 56g carb - 49g pro

meal 4 - pre-workout nutrition - protein source like chicken tuna or other fish etc..1/2 cup brown rice
    200 cal - 22g carb - 18g pro

workout - or do regular activities on days off... no couch days

post workout shake iso burst protein shake with 1 large banana 1 cup oats 2 tspoon flax oil 250mL milk

1078 cals - 140g carbs - 59g pro

meal 5 - 2 chicken legs 1 chicken breast 1 cup brown rice

434 cal - 56g carb - 49g pro

before bed snack - 1/2 cup cottage cheese or casein shake

100 cal - 0 carb - 16g pro (or 24g pro for the shake)

totals = 3598 cal - 350 carb - 287 pro

days that i dont work out i may not have the whey shake. how's it looking? Also I use sweet potato for carb source instead of brown rice sometimes
    Last edited by >Good Luck<; 05-01-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Fat macro's? Nearly 1000 cals from fats, is that right?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Probably close to that if that's your guess. Im not quite sure how to calculate "cals from fat" but im not really to concerned with fat. I aim to gain quite a bit of weight and I will cut later when I'm closer to my goal. Hopefully that is acceptable, because I have no issue having some body fat and I feel that this diet will promote muscle growth a lot better than my old "see-food" diet.

If you feel this fat cals is unacceptable or unhealthy or will harsh my gains, please give me a little explanation so I can understand the negatives properly. Thanks for your patience and giving advice on your own free time!

On a side note, I am weeding out things like sodium and sugars slowly but surely

I don't get it...I join this forum to gain knowledge and get help with steroids ... Im told I need to post my diet With macros and get help there, because nobody's gonna help a 160lb guy with gear because I don't need it, I need a better diet. Who am i to say its wrong? Ill take what advice i can get....So I spend hours upon hours following the advice and calculate all these little values and write it all out and track what I eat and all that jazz... All that to find out nobody replys to diet threads... 1 person (for whom I am grateful) responds... Yea, Thanks for all the great help! If it's not about hrt or "my first cycle" then nobody has anything to contribute. I'm beginning to remember why I never joined a forum until this site. More bullsh!t than anything. Everyone ready to tell someone they need a diet and they need a proper routine and they're too young and they're ignorant and gonna end up on a poster... Maybe I'm just bitchy for not getting a response that I can work with, but I'd bet money that 90% of the members here started off skinny and probably nerdy, jumped on the gear and blew up, only to sit on forums and tell other people they don't need juice.

SO WHAT NOW? WHOS GONNA BE THE FIRST PISSED OFF PERSON TO VIEW THIS THREAD AND REPLY TO MY RANT RATHER THAN GIVE ME SOLID ADVICE ON MY ORIGINAL TOPIC??? MY DIET!

306 Views, 10 replys and 7 were my own...

So let the games begin

Well, we all have jobs and families and don't get paid to spend our valuable (often wasted) time helping people.

I will help you when I have time. There are other people who are also waiting a reply for me.

It was my little girls birthday today and I sure as hell wasn't spending today going through diets and explaining that a gram of fat is 9 calories.

Work out your fat cals and we can talk. I'm not about putting unnecessary fat weight in people even if they say they don't mind because, believe me, they do mind!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Well, we all have jobs and families and don't get paid to spend our valuable (often wasted) time helping people.

I will help you when I have time. There are other people who are also waiting a reply for me.

It was my little girls birthday today and I sure as hell wasn't spending today going through diets and explaining that a gram of fat is 9 calories.

Work out your fat cals and we can talk. I'm not about putting unnecessary fat weight in people even if they say they don't mind because, believe me, they do mind!
    i apprecaite your time, and even credited you that much in my rant. i was hoping for a broader response. as much as i appreciate and value your advice, i wasnt soley depending on you...i was hoping of the million memebers, others wouldnt mind giving a minute of their time as they pass thru and read the threads looking for youngsters to flame. i dont expect that you would dedicate so much of your time to me, and again i appreciate that you have already donated so much to me. i will work on the fat count and thanks for telling me 1g of fat = 9 cal...this is progress for me, as basic as it is to you. i just hope that you are not the only person giving advice on this forum...because there is a sh!tload of members.

back to the cupboards to figure some fat out...

p.s. happy birthday to your daughter! hope its a great one!

Mate, in this part of the forum it tends to be that one person takes control/responsibility of a thread. Others may chime in here and there but not a lot. I appreciate that's not quite how it happens in other parts of the forum!

List the fat when you know it and we can take it from there!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information