< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

I need diet help

This the best I came up with so far. I'm trying my best to workout the rest. I'm on my 1st test enan cycle and I am gaining weight. But, about 50% is fat.

I'll see what I can come up with also.

Breakfast

6 eggs

2 whole wheat tortillas(or it's 1.5 cups of oats)

2 cups of Greek yogurt

3 slices of cheese

Mid day

1k - 1,200 calorie shake

Made with 2.5 scoops of generic whey, 2.5 scoops of MM, a banana, strawberries, half a cup of oats, half of cup of milk, half of cup of OJ, 1.5 cups of Greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp. of peanut butter

Around 6 P.M.

2 cups of spaghetti and lean ground beef with sauce

Usually I throw in random pairs of eggs whenever.

Around 8

4-5 Tbsp of peanut butter mixed with generic whey

2 cups of whole milk

That's it. . . . . . . .

GORILLAslap is offline Associate Member
    just my opinion

cut all the milk and replace with a better fat maybe almonds (milk to much processed sugars)

when u do your peanut butter move it to morning/mid day

and take the fruit out of your shakes, maybe cut some of the yogurt and add some brown rice or sweet potatoes
    Last edited by GORILLAslap; 05-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Samson if you have a need for the milk like I do. I've switched to silk brand pure almond unsweetened.
    8oz serving is 35 cal 2.5g fat 1 carb from fiber 0 sugar and 1g protein.

Maybe not the best choice but better than regular milk.

big88sub is offline Associate Member
    I agree with other posters. I also switched to that almond milk unsweetened. Not to bad in oats with splenda. You don't relay want to don't want to drink it straight.

Blog Entries
    Why are you against milk? I don't understand. I love milk for extra calories and protein.

Back on the other BB forum people said they drank almost a gallon a day, I never could.

And I thought PB at night was a good thing. I usually eat PB before bed for that final 400 calories
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 05-01-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Do you wanna post some macro's for your fat and sugar laden diet? And your stats.

That needs ALOT of cleaning up if you want some lean gains!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

bigswoll is offline Banned
    Sampson I wrote u out a whole diet last night. Stop with pbutter nothing but fat replace with low fat cottage cheese, stop eating cheese period, and milk spikes insulin stores as fat. Don't drink it. U need to work on diet dude your gaining 2 much fat. Did u google complex carbs and simple carbs. I see you took fruit out of diet. You keep changing your shit man. U need to prefect diet b4 aas u jumped the gun. I spent 10 min last night writing u a diet and I'm certified nutritionist why don't u listen??? Everyone loves pbutter. Your last meal should be cottage cheese you need to add sweet potatoes. No white pasta whole wheat everything!!!!!! Simple carbs 1hr after post workout and a 50gram protein whey shake right after workout. And start doing cardio u gained 11 lbs of fat on a cycle!!!! U have to start listening if u want to do this right
    Last edited by bigswoll; 05-01-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    I did a bit, but fat is fat. If I gain it, tough - I will have to lose it. As long as I am gaining, I'm alright. But, less fat gained is best for sure.

This is the same diet man, I just forgot to add the other 4 eggs.

Cottage cheese over PB is very fair. I can also pull the PB from my PWO shake.

I think I will keep milk for the shake only.

Stop eating cheese, really? If Ronnie Coleman can eat, so can I. Just in moderation which I already do.

My stats:

213.5Lbs
    20%Bf

On 1st cycle now of test enan only.

I have a feeling your mind is made up! Just eat what Ronnie eats.

Good luck!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ronnie Coleman ate fat free cheese and wasn't 20% bf. Yes put milk on your pwo shake. And no jus cause your gaining weight I's not good it's mostly water and fat.... Sampson!!!!!! Do cardio and look at complex carbs and simple carbs . Dude your ****ing killing me. Why did u start a cycle when U don't know how to eat???

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GORILLAslap View Post
    just my opinion

cut all the milk and replace with a better fat maybe almonds (milk to much processed sugars)
    Since when Lactose is considered a source of processed sugar ???

Man you should listen to stem he helped me with my diet and its been great. Certain foods cause a spike in glycogen and instead you burning fat it stores it. Look it up. At least go for skim milk. If you don't want to help yourself stay a little leaner in your cycle how are.you going to cut back down after your cycle. If your not going to take advice you shouldn't ask for it in the first place.

Samson, if you want your diet to be a lean bulk diet, you will have to cut back on dairy, sugars and other sources of simple and processed carbs.

You are certainly in need for drastically increasing your daily protein intake, whether you realize this or not.

The bitter truth is you will get nowhere close to your goal if you continue to eat spaghetti and drink 1200cal shakes...

Quote Originally Posted by big88sub View Post
    Certain foods cause a spike in glycogen and instead you burning fat it stores it. At least go for skim milk.
    High GI foods/beverages cause an insulin spike simply because of their high sugar content. Glycogen is a whole different term than glucose, although they are related.

Skimmed milk has same amount of carbs as whole milk, which is why other members have wisely suggested he replaces it with unsweetened almond milk instead, since it is virtually free of carbs.

Spaghetti has a shit ton of sugar in it also. Just look at the label. Pretty much everything in a can or jar that is ready to eat has a lot of sugar.

Spaghetti has no place in a lean bulk diet either...

Once or twice a week maybe OK, but again if you are 50% fat, what's the point?..

At least I was on the rite page. Like I said I switch to the almond milk stuff to try to cut out all sugar. I can almost watch my fat melting off but I'm also working my ass off with Casio at least once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by big88sub View Post
    Spaghetti has a shit ton of sugar in it also. Just look at the label. Pretty much everything in a can or jar that is ready to eat has a lot of sugar.
    Spaghetti sauce I ment

Correct big simple sugars u never want to spike insulin only after workout. And yes skim milk wud be better for your pwo shake and that's the only time.and lactose has nothing to do with processed sugars?

PumpMasterFlex is offline Junior Member
    I second the cottage cheese before bed. I just had half a carton right now And, I would cut out the peanut butter, substitute it with cottage cheese (fat free).

Egg WHITES. Google how to separate egg yolks using the egg shell. I'm sure you can find a video on it. All of the egg fat is contained in the yolk. You'll have to double the amount of eggs you use to get the same protein (3 or 4 grams in the yolk and 3 or 4 in the whites), but it will be worth it--eggs are cheap anyway.

Your only carb sources should come from whole grains (other than your post workout shakes).

Quote Originally Posted by bigswoll View Post
    Correct big simple sugars u never want to spike insulin only after workout. And yes skim milk wud be better for your pwo shake and that's the only time.and lactose has nothing to do with processed sugars?
    Insulin spike after a workout too may not be such a great idea either. Insulin may be an anabolic hormone, shuttling nutrients to priorly damaged muscle fibers; however, insulin also shuttles these to existing fat cells, hence feeding them, which is what the term ''promoting fat retention'' stands for. Thanks to Weider magazines and collaborating supplement industry, we are all taught to spike insulin after a workout, making maltodextrin and dextrose producers rich.

Lactose is the naturally occurring sugar in milk, which gives milk its carb content. I don't understand why you guys insist on desiring to construct a direct correlation between lactose and processed sugars? There is no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpMasterFlex View Post
    Your only carb sources should come from whole grains (other than your post workout shakes).
    Not necessarily.

There are also other complex carbs which are NOT sources of whole grains such as legume and yams.

These sources too are great for the purpose of building lean mass.

There is also no reason for your PWO shake not to consist of a whole grain source complex carb. Most of us here use oats for PWO shake, which is a whole grain source and hence a complex carb.

^^^ everything Turkish said!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information