Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Calculating TDEE & Calorie Consumption confused

I was looking through the stickies but I am a little confused.

If I just started getting back into shape 7 weeks ago and I am still over weight should I calculate my tdee the same way?

Like over the past 7 weeks I have made my way to hardcore exercise 5 days a week but right now I am still not near my goal weight and look like ball sack.

My BMR is 2210.66 and if I use 1.55 I am at 3426.52 TDEE

So here is where I am confused. I am obviously trying to bring down my bf% ( dont know exactly what it is) while obtaining lean muscle.

Now that I have these numbers should I try and calculate my macros?

I figure If I really want to take the next step in losing weight (down 17lbs) I should start keeping a journal and measuring out my portions

Rwy
    That TDEE based on what I look like doesnt sound right to me or is that not the way to think?

Rwy
    If I am lifting 5 x a week hard
    Cardio 4 times 30-40 minutes
    1 x basketball 2 hours straight

would this be considered moderate?

Can I cut 1000 from my tdee to maximize weight loss. Bringing my TDEE down to 2426.52

So my MACROS are 970.61 cal for protein (242 grams) 970.61 cal for carbs (242 grams) 485.30 cal for fat (54 grams)

Isn't that too many carbs? Like way too many? I would try and bump up my protein to 300 grams but should I lower my carbs also?
    Last edited by Rwy; 05-06-2012 at 01:06 PM.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    That looks like heavy exercise to me.

Don't be afraid of carbs, especially with your activity level. You are going to need them for energy.

What is your height, weight and body fat?

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    That looks like heavy exercise to me.

Don't be afraid of carbs, especially with your activity level. You are going to need them for energy.

What is your height, weight and body fat?
    I am 33 230lbs 6'2 I am not sure of my bf. I am still about 20 lbs over weight. I know that doesnt help much.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy2778

I am 33 230lbs 6'2 I am not sure of my bf. I am still about 20 lbs over weight. I know that doesnt help much.
    I have the same stats pretty much, haven't seen your pics I'm at around 18-19% BF but I don't look like ball sack!!! I agree with above that is a heavy energy expenditure routine, carbs Will be needed for energy throughout the day, I like doing fasted cardio first thing in the morning with 10g bcaa's for 20-45 min this helps with fat loss while the bcaa's Will help save the lean mass.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD View Post
    I have the same stats pretty much, haven't seen your pics I'm at around 18-19% BF but I don't look like ball sack!!! I agree with above that is a heavy energy expenditure routine, carbs Will be needed for energy throughout the day, I like doing fasted cardio first thing in the morning with 10g bcaa's for 20-45 min this helps with fat loss while the bcaa's Will help save the lean mass.
    What do your macros look like for the day? My arms, shoulders legs look alright. All my weight is in my stomach and chest

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I use a 60/20/20 diet when cutting, but not all guys can handle low carbs and you will probably have a hard time with all the exercise you do.

Everyone is different, so you will need to pick a calorie goal, split it into the macro ratio you want and follow the diet for a couple of weeks to see what happens...then adjust.

You may find it tough to put on muscle at the same time.

Rwy
    I am probably starting test/ var cycle in 5 weeks. I have been running 3 ius for the past 8 weeks going to bump it up to 4 once I start my test.

I am just trying to get down my bf% more before I start. I know I wont have problems putting on muscle. I am going to chill out with the cardio. Going to do 3 days hitt then 1 day basketball. I tweaked everything today. I am going to run around 2400 cals 300 rgams of protein 150 grams of carbs, and 53 grams of fat.

I am keeping a log and this way I will really understand what I am putting in my body and how my body is reacting.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    2400 is prob not far off but id suggest getting ur bf chekd.. U dont wanna start a cycle with bf over 12%.. id cut to at least that.. Get ur bf dun..

Thread Information