< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

Pulling back on solid foods

In the last couple of days I been experimenting with different mixes of things around the house. For instance, raw oats mixed with egg protein and MM, raw oats with milk, MM and whey. Cottage cheese mixed with MM, whey or egg protein. Just plain out Greek yogurt. Different variations of cooked eggs.

How can this effect me in the long run?

With mixes like these I am able to get in much larger amounts of things that I am looking for - Very low fat, medium calories and plenty of protein and fibre.

But, does this pass through me faster to a point where the numbers don't count since I am now taking in much more liquid like food compared to solid foods like red meat or chicken?

Just found this to be very interesting since I can hit amazing #'s with this kind of diet.

I am also considering liquifying other items like cooked down ground beef with rice maybe and chicken. How will blending down foods effect me? Will I just get constant runs? Will the nutrients get absorbed by my body well?

Blog Entries
    Bump. . . .

Anyone. . . .

Anyone at all. . . . ?

abstetic is offline Banned
    Bump

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    I would think blending them will help in the digestion process.. All food u eat is eventually broken down into liquid.. I dont think itll matter as far as absorption.. Ur body will just have slightly less work to do..

It sounds as though ur plan is to utilize liquid food to be able to ingest larger quantities? Do u have a hard time hitting cals and macros from solid food or are u assuming more food is better?

All in all u simply want to hit ur macros.. More isnt necessarily better.. More can lead to fat gain..

Blog Entries
    It is for the quantity primarily, but also for the fact of being tired of eating the same shit over and over.

I am still not doing my macros, I know I should. But, I already know where it will lead. It will lead to eating shit that does not even resemble food.

I came up with the liquid idea to pound in more calories. No doubt that I am gaining fat, but I don't mind too much. My body seems to be handling this high cal intake fairly well.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    To each his own bro.. Not how i would do it.. Nor would i recommend.. But if u dont mind gaining/getting fat more power to ya..

Eventually if u want to have predictable results ur gonna wanna do it the right way..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    But, does this pass through me faster to a point where the numbers don't count since I am now taking in much more liquid like food compared to solid foods like red meat or chicken?
    Digestion rate is increased, however this has no bearing on 'the numbers' - i.e. if you're ingesting 2000 calories, your body has to metabolize 2000 calories, regardless of liquids vs. solids. It always counts.

Having said that, I'd be concerned with satiation and binge eating. I would try and incorporate 2-3 whole food meals per day for this reason alone, all other things aside.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    I am also considering liquifying other items like cooked down ground beef with rice maybe and chicken. How will blending down foods effect me? Will I just get constant runs? Will the nutrients get absorbed by my body well?
    Nutrients will be absorbed just the same - faster actually, as you're basically processing the first phase of digestion which is chewing. As for the runs... that remains to be seen. I don't see why liquifying the foods will make any difference in that regard. Now as for vomiting... you're a better man than me if you can blend up chicken/beef/rice and actually get ... and keep... it down. Good luck, keep us posted!
    Last edited by gbrice75; 05-07-2012 at 01:19 PM.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    as well as you might find that your protiens are way too high and your calories are low bud!!!

Thread Information