srt4wad is offline Associate Member

Need a little help with diet layout.

I will post what I have eaten each day this past week so far and at the end will be a couple of questions for you guys I need help on.

Sust Cycle Diet
    Protein – 300g (will change as needed)
    Carbs – 300g (will change as needed)
    Fat – Depending on food choices (no fat added except maybe some nuts (cashews))

Protein – 42g per meal 7 meals
    Carbs – 75g per meal 4 meals
    Fats – about 10g +- per meal 7 meal

6:30am
    ½ cup Quaker Oats Natural Granola Cal =210 P=5g C=38g F=5g
    1c – 2% milk Cal=120 P=8g C=12g F=5
    1c – Egg whites Cal=100 P=25g C=0 F=0
    1 – Fruit depends on fruit Cal=60-70 P=0 C=20-30g F=0
    Total =Cal 500 P=38 C=80 F=10

10am
    2 cans chicken or tuna Cal=280 P=48 C=0 F=8
    2 sticks of celery Cal=15 P=1 C=4 F=0
    2Tbs Greek Yogurt Cal=16 P=1.5 C=3.5 F=0
    Total = Cal 311 P=50.5 C=7.5 F=8

12pm
    6oz Talipia Cal=210 P=42 C=0 F=6
    ½ c lima beans Cal=88 P=5 C=17 F=0
    2 pieces double fiber bread Cal=200 P=8 C=42 F=3
    Total= Cal 498 P=55 C=59 F=9

4pm PWO Meal/Cardio day
    Body Fortress Protein Powder Cal=169 P=32 C=9 F=2.5
    Oatmeal Cal=266 P=9 C=50 F=2.5
    Total=Cal 435 P=41 C=59 F=5

6:30-7pm POST WO/Cardio
    Protein Cal=169 P=41 C=9 F=2.5
    Dextrose Cal=240 P=0 C=60 F=0
    Total = Cal 409 P=41 C=69 F=2.5

Dinner 8-8:30pm
    40-50g Protein Source Chicken, Beef Fish anything lean
    Veggies/Beans
    Fat Vaires

10pm Bed
    ½ c Cottage Cheese Cal=80 P=13 C=6 F=1
    Protein Powder Cal=140 P=26 C=8 F=2
    Total = Cal 220 P=39 C=14 F=3

Totals for the day minus dinner will adjust to meet daily needs.

Calories= 2373 (do the math on macros I get 2725)
    Protein= 264g
    Carbs= 288g
    Fat= 57.5g

First let me say that I would like to remove some of the protein powder and leave it for post and bed if I could. I am thinking about doing lean beef or chicken and sweet potato or brown rice pre workout. I take eat my pre at about 4pm I workout from 5:30-6:45pm Mon-Wed-Thur and from 8-9:15 on Sat. I jog on Tue and Thur.

Questions:
    1. On my cardio days should I take that much carbs pre and post jog? I only do about 2.5-3 miles about 30-35minutes?
    2. Should I change my carbs around and add some more mid morning so 5 meals divided up? I think I could add some fruit at lunch maybe?
    3. Dinner and lunch is usually different day to day but i keep it to lean meats and complex carbs at lunch and veggies at dinner some times I might have some beans
    4. I am waiting to gain some clean mass on this cycle and I am 3 weeks in and would like to make protein/carb adjustments ever 5lbs. Good idea?
    5. If more is needed where should it be added?
    6. I also take 2 fish oil pills and multi in the morning
    7. Does anybody need my workout?

Stats
    30yr
    5'11
    203lb
    about 15-16% BF
    First Cycle 12 weeks

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    not sure of ur goals??

1. based on ur stats of 203 @16%bf ur tdee is @3100 cals which means ur eating at a deficit so u will not be gaining much mass

2. based on ur stats u should not be cycling.. u should be cutting down to 10-12%bf first..

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The only thing that really sticks out for me is the absolutely unnecessary and unhealthy intake of dextrose PWO.

You don't need it, especially if you are going for clean mass. Why burn 250cals on the treadmill and then reload those calories by dumping tens of grams of Dextrose in your body anyway? Fvck the insulin spike dude, it is 2012 and we've already had enough with the Weider-Bros science.

I don't care who says what about dextrose and/or maltodextrin from now on, I have researched and implemented this on my own body for years and came to a conclusion that one is better off without simple sugars, especially if those simple sugars are from a synthetically derived source.

I would ditch the dextrose and rest of your concerns (timing of carbs, number of meals, amount of protein per meal etc.) are insignificant in terms of overall results IMO.

Alright then, thanks.

Ok, update plan and after going through the tdee and all that I have changed up the diet.

This wont be long

3500 caloris a day 7 meals going back to a 40/40/20 not worrying about carb timing they will be takin at each meal complex and is it ok to have a piece of fruit post or just the protein?

To answer to 405 about high bf I have started my cycle and would like to finish and see where I am at after 10-12 weeks. I do appreiciate your reply and hope with a strict diet and good workout the bf will not be a huge issue. I have calipers and will be tring to do a full body comp this weekend.

Turk, how would you suggest eating? You say not to worry about timing and all that but, how would one start to grow if not setting up a plan? I am not second guessing anything you say because you know why more about it then I do I just wonder how would you suggest someone eat to achive a goal?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by srt4wad; 05-11-2012 at 02:24 PM.

When I said do not worry about timing of meals, I meant hitting your daily macros should be rather your primary goal.

Thus, setting a plan to me is mostly about calculating your TDEE, sorting out how many calories you should be getting from each macro and adjusting your carbs and fats between workout and rest days as opposed to coming up with a specific time table of what to eat when assuming that it will make a huge difference in terms of growth.

You can either have oats or a piece of fruit post workout, which nonetheless are better choices than dextrose and/or maltodextrine.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 05-12-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Turk you the man, I get what you are saying when I first started getting into trying to get my self in bertter shape a few years ago I got caught up in the Dextros theroy. I will stick to the fruit since I eat about 1.5 hours after the gym. With that being said I have also read that you don't have to eat right away the "window" is larger than they say, could I just eat my dinner say 1.5 after gym minus fat other than whats in the protein source?

With your guys help I think I am going on the right track now, I do understand the carb/fat between workout and off days I think. Do you mean just adjusting them on the off days? I don't take any fats pre/post just protein source and cabs fats come with whatever I eat.

Thanks bud

The so called notion ''window of opportunity'' only exists in the linguistic world of supplement industry, meaning this is not a notion which actually has a place in human anatomy. You can eat your PWO meal whenever you want, as it will make no difference regarding muscle recovery and growth.

As for adjusting carbs and fats between training and off days, here is how it goes: Decrease the amount of daily carb intake on off days and increase your fat intake on these off days.

Will and can do, after reading about that "window" that past few months it did seem to me to be a sales pitch. Thanks guys for you help.

The term anabolic window is a sales tactic and it works through a subliminal message: your body will enter catabolism and you will hence loose muscle tissue if you do not drink a shake within the following 30-45mins of your WO since no natural protein source is capable of being digested and entering the blood steam as quickly.

It is a subliminal fear message, solely invented by supplement industry marketers: drink the fvcking shake before it is too late or you will loose muscle!

Thread Information