fatluke_nofx is offline Associate Member

Diet Review, please review

Hello, I am tryin to cut and Ive been on this diet for quite some time and it is workin great. However now I am starting to be concerned about if it is healthy for me or not.

Im 6'2, 200lbs lower body fat now (thanks to the diest and exersie) probably around 15% and muscular build.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120311-00006.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	122847

Now this is losely based on the abs diet if anyone is familiar, and i do mean losely. The shake I make is 2litres and is my breakfast, mid morning snack, and lunch
    5am: 2 Glass of shake
    8am: 1 glass of shake
    10am: 1 hardboiled egg, 1 glass shake
    12pm: 1 hardboild egg, 1 glass of shake, 1 tuna wrap, 1 non fat yog. cup
    3-4pm: 1 hardboiled egg, 1 tuna wrap, 1 yogourt cup, apple
    6-7pm: Boneless skinless chicken breat, green beans with hot sauce.

The ratio breaks down to 32%carbs, 43%protien and 11%fats, Total about 2600cal depending on size of chicken and how many almonds I may snack on (1 or 2 handfuls tops) My TDEE is suppoised to be 3300 cal, but I think it is more.

Ive been living on this for about 1 year and a bit, very boring, I look at it more as fuel then food, and do not really enjoy eating it, but it is workin good.
    Here are the ingridents to my shake, including protien, carbs and fats. I am getting slightly more then half my daily cal and energy off of these shakes, and I feel so good after drinking them, they sure are packed with power....

Shake (2litres)
    1 Cup oats
    I tbl spoon flax seed
    4 scoops protien powder
    gnc vitamin liquid
    1/4 cup wheat germ
    1 tbl spoon natural p-butter
    3 eggs
    1/2 cup fat free yogourt
    1 cup frozxen mixed berries
    1/2 cup broccloli heads
    1 cup spiniach

this equals 1400 cal, 112.5 carbs, 162.5 protien and 36.75fats

Now if you notice in the shake is 3 raw eggs, and I also eat 3 hardboiled eggs, thats 6 eggs a day- is this ok? All in all I feel great, just I hate to eat this same boring food, but as long as it fuels me up (and it sure does) I can stand it just fine. Results are great as well. But I dont want to be hurting my self.

Please critic this diet with any pointers.

Oh, I workout 4 days a week, 20min cardio followed by 1hour weight lift sessions (apx. 1.5hr workout including stretching)

busybody is offline Junior Member
    hey luke,
    I'm not sure why you would be too worried. it looks like you have the diet well under wraps.
    looks disgusting, but it's healthy (not a big egg fan).
    and as far as being healthy...looks like a great split and it's obvious you have it locked down.
    The only thing I've ever questioned about our diets is the high protein content. Just not sure
    if we are built to digest that much protein for that long.
    On that topic, I'll digress to some of the other more knowledgeable diet guys. they might
    be able to find some more solid research relating to long term high protein ingestion and its
    effects on the liver/body/etc.

but honestly, if your labs are all ok (cholesterol, hemoglobin, etc.) are good and you
    feel good, then you are probably ok. and to more specifically address that many eggs in a day, I will again
    digress to someone that has taken in that many eggs for a long period of time and let them explain their
    labs and body results. The only thing is that I can only imagine what the level of gas you pass...must
    be horrific. dog has already died.

and the diet being boring and looking at food as fuel. yeah, we all go through it. you have to do it
    to some level to understand what it is that you are eating, and the more you get into it, the
    more you realize that all the good tasting stuff isn't all that great for you.
    it's a catch 22.
    the way i get around it is that I use different sauces on stuff. marinades, sauces, hot sauce, whatever.
    lets be honest, there is only so many meats out there, so it's not like we can change a lot.
    so I help myself with flavoring. sauces wont kill any carb counts or anything, and it's a necessity.
    you will get a refridgerator full of stuff, but it helps.
    Dont sludge the crap on, just flavor with it. that is my best advice.

your pic looks good and looks like you are going in the right direction.
    if there is anything else I can help with, ask!
    and good luck man. keep at it.

Bigjerdog is offline Associate Member
    I dont think you could be 15% and have abs showing... Give yourself some credit. I think you BF is much lower

busybody, thanks for the reply, and Im glad to hear that you think all seems well. I guess Im just lookin for reassurance maybe. I am high on protien cause it is supposed to burn 25% of it own calories through thermogensis, just to break it down! So I figure that if its filling and burns itself its a win win.

I have not had any blood work down, so I do not know my levels- cholestrol and the eggs reputation to raise it is what worries me

bigjerdog- thanks man! Im not sure what it is, but if I say 15% it motivates me to shed more...

Thanks guys

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Fatluke welcome to the forum..

Ur diet looks pretty good.. A few things id change but all in all not too bad.. As far as the eggs i would suggest reducing the amt of yolks u ingest to 2per day.. U can compensate for the xtra protein inthe other 4 yolks by adding additional eggwhites

If ur diet is working and ur steadily dropping bf then keep rolling til it stops working man.. Well be here when it does..

Also i would put the cardio postworkout instead of preworkout.. I would suggest getting ur bf% chekd..

And good job so far!

Also if ur tired of the shake simply eliminate it and replace the macros with solid food choices keeping ur current macro split (since its working)...

I havent heard of protein taking 25% of its calories to digest..

busybody is offline Junior Member
    yeah...i'm gonna follow 405. I haven't heard that, but I'm not a hardcore know-everything-diet guy.
    I dont' know every aspect of food intake and thermogenesis for sure.
    But this I do know...sugar is easiest to digest and done first, protein is harder and goes second, and the last
    thing you digest is fat, and is the worst. So you may have some truth to that statement...
    The biggest part to understand is what the sugar does...protein doesn't invoke insulin hell like a liter of coke will.
    and when dieting/cutting, that insulin control is big. read other posts...some guys swear that if you dont let
    spikes of insulin occur you'd be suprised what you'd look like a few months. Others say that insulin is the strongest
    hormone we have, etc. If you look at America as a whole, I'd say it's probably true...

and i'm glad 405 piped in on the eggs. haven't ever really eaten eggs, I just know that they can be a little rough
    on the cholesterol. I just couldn't personally see eating that many eggs in a day, but I'm sure some do.

and the blood work...you can do that if you are feeling like something is wrong. that's something you encounter
    if you are having problems. it sounds like you are doing good, looking better, and losing weight. You should be fine.
    but it is never a bad thing to have a doctor do bloodwork just to make sure something isn't outta whack.
    I mean, heck. once or twice a year? what can that hurt? money spent on your health isn't wasted.

and you're welcome. keep us updated and let us know how it further progresses. It looks like you've got a good start, and
    to be honest, you are probably closer to the 12's in bf from what I'm seeing. further fuel to burn more off...

hey thanks guys, Im gonna cut down on the eggs too now, maybe only raw egg whites in the shake insted of a whole egg. Thanks

hey 405- i just noticed a bit more into your comment- what do you mean a few things you would change?? Im curious as to what they are- any helpful info is really important to me, its all about the fine tuning at this point and if I am screwin somthin up let me know please.

Thanks!

5am: 2 Glass of shake
    8am: 1 glass of shake
    10am: 1 hardboiled egg, 1 glass shake
    12pm: 1 hardboild egg, 1 glass of shake, 1 tuna wrap, 1 non fat yog. cup
    3-4pm: 1 hardboiled egg, 1 tuna wrap, 1 yogourt cup, apple
    6-7pm: Boneless skinless chicken breat, green beans with hot sauce.

Id lose the wrap, yogurt, and fruit and replace with better carb sources.. Id also reduce down to 2 yolks per day.. Really if it were me id lose the shake altogether and redo my diet to include 6 whole meals per day and possibly consider cycling carbs.. If ur at 15%bf u could low carb down to @12% and then implement a Carb cycle..

Going by ur pic it looks like u have abs? If so ur prob ready for one (carb cycle) rite now.. Just my opinion..

well the shake is important in my line of work- im outside on a drill rig for about 10 to 12 hours alone, then I gotta drive back home. Im basically never in the house, and so I need to make all my meals in the morning. That and I have to be able to eat them qucikly, there is no breaks on the rig. Thats why I use the shake, blend all my macros together and take it out the door- 3 meals in 10min.

That said, Im going to drop to 2 yolks a day, and use a lot more egg whites- enough to keep the protien macoro the same, but Id lose almost all that extra cholestrol, and a lot of fat too.

Why would you drop the yogourt- then replace it with what?
    and why no fruit or wraps? I was trying to keep carbs low, and one wrap had less then half the carbs as two pieces of bread...

Sorry for all the questions dude, Im just trying to nail this diet and you seem very knowledgble. Im gonna go learn what a carb cycle is too right now, I wont ask you that one

LOL... Dont worry bout the questions..

I havent researched yogurt but its a dairy product and dairy = lactose = sugar .. IMO a better product would be cottage cheese.. Or casein powder.. Or meat.. Less sugar and more protein.. I dont know why u have yogurt in there (pro or carb) but theres a better choice IMO regardless..

Fruot is the same.. Sugar.. No NO while cutting IMO..

Wrap same thing.. Better carb sources out there.. Who knows wats in that wrap..

When cutting ur trying to burn fat.. Thats the purpose of a cut.. When u introduce sugar into the diet it causes blood sugar to increase which triggers the release of insulin .. Insulin kills ur ability to mobilize fat.. If u cant mobilize fat into the blood u cant burn it.. Plain and simple

When cutting my 3 fav carb sources are: oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brn rice.. I do have cottage cheese as well but only before bed.. And naturally green veggies some people get more variety with carb sources but i go withwats proven to work.. And it does work i can say speaking from personal experience.. I prefer not to waste time experimenting with my fatloss and get it done dude! Experimentation ill save for maintenance and bulking..

my tuna wrap is a whole wheat weight watchers totrila shell with 1/2 canned tuna and hot banana peppers. Thats it, healthy and convient and I look foward to eating it, id hate to give it up lol.

I hear what your sayin about the yogourt (love the flavors of it) and your not the first to tell me, and recomend cottage cheese. Ive never tried it, but I am now, c ya yogourt, but why would you only eat the cottage cheese before bed- is it loaded with cassien protien i guess?

No more fruit? Ive heard this many times as well. Ok, fruit is outta here too, Im gettin serious now.

Whats the deal with sweet potatoes? Ive also heard these are great. Would you eat them at dinner time

Also I drink about 35-45 beers sat and sunday (in total lol), its kinda important weekend thing I do. Now since I want to cut even harder what number would you drop this to, maybe 25 to 30. Sounds safe and healthy, and since im only drinking them those calories dont count righ. (haha just kiddin)

Also I drink about 35-45 beers sat and sunday (in total lol), its kinda important weekend thing I do. Now since I want to cut even harder what number would you drop this to, maybe 25 to 30. Sounds safe and healthy, and since im only drinking them those calories dont count righ. (haha just kiddin)

^^ r u serious dude? If so u mite as well forget everything we talkd about til ur ready to quit.. alcohol is the worst carb u can ingest.. And it does no good for ur natty test production and i think affects estrogen as well.. Plus all the other bad health issues.. I think my low testosterone was caused by drinking numbers like u stated.. (except more days per week).. If ur gonna get hammered on a case of beer every weekend (which is fun dont get me wrong).. The level of dieting ur trying to get to will be in vain and a complete waste of time IMO..

haha, no no, it was a joke man! (hense the haha just kiddin) but im still curious about these rest of the post.

my tuna wrap is a whole wheat weight watchers totrila shell with 1/2 canned tuna and hot banana peppers. Thats it, healthy and convient and I look foward to eating it, id hate to give it up lol. Do you think this is bad or were you just confused about what i ment by tuna wrap

I hear what your sayin about the yogourt (love the flavors of it) and your not the first to tell me, and recomend cottage cheese. Ive never tried it, but I am now, c ya yogourt, but why would you only eat the cottage cheese before bed- is it loaded with cassien protien i guess?

No more fruit? Ive heard this many times as well. Ok, fruit is outta here too, Im gettin serious now.

Whats the deal with sweet potatoes? Ive also heard these are great. Would you eat them at dinner time

Weight watchers wrap Ingredients = probably a lot of words i cant pronounce and u shouldnt eat.. Carb sources that are good are oats brn, rice sweet, potatoes..

Cottage cheese yes.. Casein.. Slow digesting protein before bed.. Some sugar but u wont be trying to burn fat per se while u sleep! (although itd be nice )

I eat sweet potatoes at any meal that has carbs..

Carbs: oats, brn rice, sweet potatoes, lentils, greens... Thats it while cutting! IMO..

Thread Information