Thread: Melting

Bigjerdog is offline Associate Member

Melting

Havnt been on the forum much in quite a while and when I was I tried to avoid this particular group because I knew this was exactly were I would get the answers I didnt want to hear, lol. So... I ignored what I read here and did 2 cycles at a very high body fat %. They went horribly worng. I gained some muscle that quickly turned into fat and found my self at 275 pounds right around Christmas time. OBESE... Right now I am 6' 235 roughly 25%. That is DOWN 40 pounds. I have dedicated this year to cutting that shit out. I want to get to a point where I can actually do a cycle that helps me and doesnt hurt me. I dont mind the flames... it was stupid... But I am here now for support. I am going to try and keep a log of my activities during this next part of my diet. I am working extremely hard but the last 2 weeks it has gotten difficult to stick with it because I am seeing the results start to come much slower where as before I was literally melting daily.

My current schedule:
    Mon-Sat
    8am about an hour of weights. I am not lifting heavy just keeping the muscles moving and trying to halp make sure I lose as little muscle as possible
    9am I do an hour of cardio usually elyptical with some treadmill jogging mixed in
    7pm I go back and do another hour of cardio

Sundays no lifting. Just 2 hours of cardio

My diet is not as dialed in as Id like but whatever I am doing it seems to be working...
    1900 calories
    200 grams of protein ( sometimes more of this comes from a shake then I would like, working on that)
    250 grams of carbs
    75 grams of fat

I am not exact on these numbers its just kind of been my guide. More often then not I come in below on many of those figures. Sometimes a bit high.

I have cut out all fast food and all carbonated drinks with the exception of the occasional redbull and maybe one night a month out for a few beers. I am going to Vegas this weekend. I know I wont stick to the diet but I plan to be back on next week. My new goal as of next Tuesday is another 20 pounds by June 25th. Please feel free to chime in with any critique or support!

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    1900 cals is gonna feel like your starving and will make u not wanna work out, especially if the protein is more so shakes

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OK then, your current BW is 235lbs, you lift for an hour ED for 5 days a week and your daily protein intake is 200gr, which is about the same as the intake of a 150lbs guy? Don't you think something is wrong here?

Up your daily protein intake, make sure this comes from whole meals as they will help keeping you full and satisfied in that respect, and start lifting heavier so that you are actually building muscle fibers that will allow you to have a faster metabolism.

In sum, do the opposite of what you have been doing because you have been doing it all wrong buddy.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    You need to be eating more in general, that's not enough calories. How many meals a day do you eat?

Joebailey: This has been my regiman for over 2 months religously. I dont miss a work out. I feel fantastic. Although actual weight loss has slowed as I have progressed

Turkish: I felt 200 for weight loss 200 would be a good number. How much more would you reccomend?

Armykid: Im eating 3 actual meals if you include shakes then 5-6.

Guys I am not trying to contradict what you are saying. I do want to gain knowledge and educate myself but if I am doing this all wrong ( I dont think im doing it ALL right). Why have I had such signifigant weight loss?

I appreciate the comments!

244.5 this morning.

Did Chest and shoulders today, 60 minutes on the elyptical.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    go read thru some of the stickies at the top of this section, they will help you determine how much you need to eat. i am 175 and eat around 2200 cals a day and try to eat around 250-275g protein everyday. go back and do your TDEE and it will help at getting a number to eat around.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjerdog View Post
    Turkish: I felt 200 for weight loss 200 would be a good number. How much more would you reccomend?
    Anywhere between 250-300gr for your current BW.

Thanks for the help Turkish...

Ok Im back from my cheat weekend in Vegas. I gained 4 pounds back but I expected it. There was just no way around it really. Excited to get back in the gym tomorrow and work on this next 20 pounds.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjerdog View Post
    I gained 4 pounds back but I expected it. There was just no way around it really. .
    yes there was, your just justifying weight gain...jump back on the horse and focus man.

maybe clenbuterol might help??- but dont give yourself another justification for failure. commit to it man!

Oh Im all over it Simon. No justification needed. I was back today did chest shoulders and Tri's in the morning and an hour tonight. I tried clen in the past. It worked ok but at the time I wasnt as commited as I am now. The weight has been comming off pretty steady. I may try clen again someday but this diet im on now seems to be working. I was 237 this morning so I think it was a lot of retention from beers and soda while I was in vegas. Tomorrow I bet I am back to wehere I was last week.

Thanks for the motivating words! There is no failure!

234.5 this morning... Back to my pre vegas weight. I should be able to dip under 230 this week. If I do that will be the first time in about 8 or so years... HUGE milestone

233.5 Im melting... Today I did arms, calves and 120 minutes of cardio... Beast'n

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    2 hours of cardio? holy christ

gymsoldier is offline Associate Member
    I'm not the biggest fan of the weighing scales for determining accurate weight loss.
    Do you have access to get you body fat measured through skin fold callipers? Or, even purchase your own electrical impedance body fat testing device?

Thread Information