Alex66 is offline New Member

Diet help please!!

ok so im pretty sure that my diet is pretty solid. some info if you need it im 21 close to 22, 5' 11", 205 lbs, 10 to 11 percent bodyfat, have never tried steroids , but i took a brief 3 week cycle of a week mdrol clone recently and ran it properly with nolva for pct, have retained all my gains and everything is still going up as a result. however possibly later this year i want to run a cycle of real gear, and i need to make sure my diet is in check first, im pretty sure i know what im doing, however everyone here is most likely much more knowledgable than me so id appreciate any help you can give me! also this is a bulking diet as im on a permanent bulk until this time next year when i will cut. however id rather not gain excessive bodyfat (as long as my abs are still visible its fine haha).

9 to 10 when i wake up: 1 scoop whey protein in 16oz 1 percent milk, 2 whole eggs, and either 2 bowls of cheerios or a bowl of oatmeal( only time i dont measure my food)
    11 to 11:30 : 4 whole eggs, 4 oz assorted vegetables
    preworkout meal around 1: 2 cups oatmeal with brown sugar, 16 oz milk, branched chain amino acids
    during workout: branched chain aminos
    immediately post workout (around 3): 2 scoops whey protein, 16 oz fat free yogurt, 4 tablespoons peanut butter (low fat), one banana, 20oz milk. this is all in a shake that i make as opposed to buying my own weight gainer
    530 to 6: 8 oz chicken breast, 2 cups white rice
    8 to 8:30 : 8 oz chicken breast, one cup oatmeal
    10:30 to 11 before bed: 24 oz milk with casein protein

also i take a multivitamin and drink a gallon of water minimum a day.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey alex welcome..

Read stickies:

1. So u wanna learn how to diet
    2. Tdee
    3. How to bulk
    4. How to cut

Ur drinking 76oz milk per day.. Thats a ton of sugar! Ur carb sources need work.. I wpuld suggest scrapping the entire diet and starting over.. If u really eat all that and are really 10-11 % bf u should have no prob bulking and staying fairly lean..

Once u get all that read post up a diet..

Based on ur stats ur tdee is @3300cals so u would want to bulk around 3600-3800cals..

Id do 40/40/20 pro/carb/fat split..

Alex66 is offline New Member
    I read those, they are all very helpful, thank you. And as far as the milk goes, should i keep it in my diet still and just lower the amount i have or take it out entirely? i just drink it cuz its a good source of casein.

Ive known for a while my carb sources need help, this probably sounds dumb but the problem right now is the grocery bill. Im still in college, and just came home from the summer and my parents dont get kind of cheap with the grocery bill. I start working for the summer in two weeks so i can contribgute but for now, what are some low cost good carb sources? Id want to say whole weat pasta, brown rice but i have no idea how much they cost. Also, it oatmeal ok or is that also not a goood source of carbs? and i know you get alot of liars on this forum, if posting a pic would matter, i would.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    If u read the stickies i suggest reading them again cuz u shouldnt have to ask if oats r a good carb source yes they are! One of the best..

Carb sources: oats, brn rice, sweet potatoes, lentils, fruit occasionally only while bulking.. (i only eat the first 3 personally cuz i know they work).. Some people (maybe u) can get away with whole wheat pasta and white rice and occasionally bread but i shy away from recommending them..

Id recommend building a diet including only the complex carbs i suggested and once u get it down if u want to experiment with other sources have at it.. Just keep a close eye on ur bf%.. fruit id limit to meal 1 or around ur workout and only while bulking.. The milk id at a minimum reduce it to maybe 2 8oz servings per day max.. A good source of casein is lowfat(2%) cottage cheese.. Mix some sugar free jam in there its pretty good!

Also i believe carbs r gonna be ur cheapest source of food.. Oats go a long way for relatively low cost.. Sweet potatoes may be a little pricey .. (my wife does all the shopping )

U def wanna include some greens into ur diet as well.. Spinach, broccoli, asparagus..

Thread Information