GZA
    GZA is offline Junior Member

Utilization of all you can eat deals for bulking

It just occured to me last weekend that I can go to seaworld, get a yearly pass for about 70 ish bucks and then I'm able to visit unlimited times for a year and get all you can eat meals all day long (bathroom breaks, multiple restauraunts, stuff to do to kill time between meals) for only 25 bucks a day. My plan is to use the restauraunts for their variety of grilled meats while bringing a supply of low gly***ic carbs and healthy fats in my cooler in the car in order to bulk fairly clean and really use their all you can eat deal for a huge savings on meats (i guess the salads are edible as well minus the dressing). I figure I could do this weekly during a bulk and really just pig out as my cheat day, or heck if I'm up for a dirty bulk I can forget all the rules and just eat everything (It's an option but I'm not likely to do it). This got me thinking (as I'm about to head out for seaworld tommorow and try this for the first time (since I live very close). What other all you can eat deals have you guys been able to take advantage of for your bulking cycles? I'm sure there's lots of good ones (I like the seaworld one since I'm not limited to 1 meal... it's a whole day) But who knows, I may be able to find other good places in my area which have their own advantages (maybe a supply of low gly***ic carbs and fats would be nice). What experiences have you guys had with these all you can eat deals? Dirty/clean/ whatever, what kind of stories do you guys have???

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Let me see if i have this strait.. Ur gonna get a yr membership to seaworld and pay 25$ everyday to be able to hang out there all day long and eat at their buffets in an effort to save money on food? LOL..

If the answer is "yes" then my next question is: Do u not have a job or any responsibility?

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    For $25 you could eat 12lbs of chicken/day, or 28 cans of tuna, or 6lbs of lean beef, or a few badass steaks, or... the list goes on

Why spend 25$/day to eat at seaworld? If you wanna see whales go to Hometown Buffet. You could hit that or a chinese buffet 2x/day for $25.

I must be missin somethin.

capetown is offline Senior Member
    Baahaaaaa!!! I think that just made my day.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    So yer going to live at Seaworld?

....I knew a bloke that lived in his van down by the river! =)

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    For $25 you could eat 12lbs of chicken/day, or 28 cans of tuna, or 6lbs of lean beef, or a few badass steaks, or... the list goes on

Why spend 25$/day to eat at seaworld? If you wanna see whales go to Hometown Buffet. You could hit that or a chinese buffet 2x/day for $25.

LMFAO Dinner and a show.

maybe theyll let u use one of their pools so u can get in some low impact cardio between meals! LOL.. seriously dude thats a funny idea u have but it seems like a lot of effort to save a few bucks on food.. how bout this.. since u obviously have like 60hrs per week of free time why dont u... (drumroll) get a job man...

GZA
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Let me see if i have this strait.. Ur gonna get a yr membership to seaworld and pay 25$ everyday to be able to hang out there all day long and eat at their buffets in an effort to save money on food? LOL..

If the answer is "yes" then my next question is: Do u not have a job or any responsibility?
    Nope, by "as a cheat day" I meant as maybe a once a week thing.

GZA
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post

Yes, chicken, tuna, egg whites maybe be cheaper but most likely you can eat more than 25 bucks of beef/salmon products etc. per day. It may sound like a bad idea to you but according to this: http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch...iet-of-the-70s arnold and a bunch of the old time bodybuilders used to make it a habbit to frequent all you can eat places. As an all you can eat CHEAT DAY once a week while bulking I don't see the problem. Yesterday I visited the restaurants 10 times (and I was late to get there and also left some hours early before close... I actually missed about 5 hours worth of eating if I would have stayed from opening till closing time and still managed to make 10 visits to restaurants), so that sort of trumps going to the chinese buffet or hometown buffet twice...
    Last edited by GZA; 05-20-2012 at 12:59 PM.

GZA
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    So yer going to live at Seaworld?

....I knew a bloke that lived in his van down by the river! =)
    yeah like I said, cheat day, as in once a week on weekends, most likely saturday as they are open longer

GZA
    whoops, double post
    Last edited by GZA; 05-20-2012 at 01:17 PM.

GZA
    maybe theyll let u use one of their pools so u can get in some low impact cardio between meals! LOL.. seriously dude thats a funny idea u have but it seems like a lot of effort to save a few bucks on food.. how bout this.. since u obviously have like 60hrs per week of free time why dont u... (drumroll) get a job man...
    Or maybe the rest of you should improve their reading comprehension :P here you go: "I figure I could do this WEEKLY during a bulk and really just pig out as my CHEAT DAY". Hope that was clear enough for you guys... seeing as though that was in my original post and many of you still misunderstood I'll take it I should perhaps make that even clearer. So here's some tips for future reference:

1. Cheat days (or meals) are generally done about once a week.

2. also...
    week·ly
       [week-lee] Show IPA adjective, adverb, noun, plural week·lies.

adjective
    done, happening, appearing, etc., ONCE A WEEK :P

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    It just occured to me last weekend that I can go to seaworld, get a yearly pass for about 70 ish bucks and then I'm able to visit unlimited times for a year and get all you can eat meals all day long (bathroom breaks, multiple restauraunts, stuff to do to kill time between meals) for only 25 bucks a day. My plan is to use the restauraunts for their variety of grilled meats while bringing a supply of low gly***ic carbs and healthy fats in my cooler in the car in order to bulk fairly clean and really use their all you can eat deal for a huge savings on meats (i guess the salads are edible as well minus the dressing). I figure I could do this weekly during a bulk and really just pig out as my cheat day, or heck if I'm up for a dirty bulk I can forget all the rules and just eat everything (It's an option but I'm not likely to do it). This got me thinking (as I'm about to head out for seaworld tommorow and try this for the first time (since I live very close). What other all you can eat deals have you guys been able to take advantage of for your bulking cycles? I'm sure there's lots of good ones (I like the seaworld one since I'm not limited to 1 meal... it's a whole day) But who knows, I may be able to find other good places in my area which have their own advantages (maybe a supply of low gly***ic carbs and fats would be nice). What experiences have you guys had with these all you can eat deals? Dirty/clean/ whatever, what kind of stories do you guys have???
    ok mr sensitive:

1. u should read on here more so u will understand that u should have a cheat MEAL.. not a cheat day

2. how much money do u think ur gonna save on meat 1 day per week???

3. "I figure I could do this weekly during a bulk and really just pig out as my cheat day, or heck if I'm up for a dirty bulk I can forget all the rules and just eat everything (It's an option but I'm not likely to do it)." -- this could be interpreted in more than one way especially considering ur statement above that i commented on in #2 about huge savings..

my suggestion: post complete stats and proposed diet including total cals and macros.. and dont be so sensitive dude...
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 05-20-2012 at 05:47 PM.

GZA
    ok mr sensitive:

1. u should read on here more so u will understand that u should have a cheat MEAL.. not a cheat day

2. how much money do u think ur gonna save on meat 1 day per week???

3. "I figure I could do this weekly during a bulk and really just pig out as my cheat day, or heck if I'm up for a dirty bulk I can forget all the rules and just eat everything (It's an option but I'm not likely to do it)." -- this could be interpreted in more than one way especially considering ur statement above that i commented on in #2 about huge savings..

my suggestion: post complete stats and proposed diet including total cals and macros.. and dont be so sensitive dude...
    As far as not being sensitive, agreed, there's no point in some pointless debate online. However, I do see a point in defending myself if something is misunderstood. Here are my responses to your points as follows: 1. You assume I haven't read much on here however you do realize I joined this site about 6 years before you (not to mention the couple years before I officially joined that I spent reading without joining... I simply dont ask much questions as most all the information you need is available and has usually been answered on a post somehwere on this site already) Obviously SOME peopel have cheat meals SOME have cheat days, SOME bulk dirty the entire time, SOME never cheat, Some substitute cheat days for refeed days etc. If you had read on here more you'd realize there's different methods that work for different people depending on their goals, life restricitons etc.. Personally I do cheat meals and am very aware of them I just reserve them for when I'm cutting. Right now I feel like implimenting a cheat day during my bulk (and I also plan to do this relatively clean) so sue me. 2. That's logically a function of how much you're able to eat. (eat too little you loose money, eat enough and the more you eat the more you save). This saturday they will be open from 9 in the morning to 11 at night, that's 14 hours. If you can't eat all day long and manage to eat more than 25 bucks worth of food then I guess this isn't for you. I personally can't think of many places where you can visit multiple restauraunts unlimited times, have your meals prepared for you, and even have entertainment between meals provided from morning till night for only 25 bucks, if you don't think that's worth it don't do it. I posted originally to see if anyone else makes use of all you can eat deals during bulking, not to argue about the merits of going to seaworld. Normally, if somone actually payed to go to seaworld, payed for parking, payed for each meal... umm that's be about 25 bucks per meal 10 bucks for parking 75 bucks for your enterance... let's say you have 14 meals over the course of a day... that's be 435 to do the same thing if you hadn't obtained yearly passes or gotten an all you can eat meal plan. Now granted, most of us would be more worried about the cost of food alone, and likely you'd still save if you ate enough higher priced cuts of meat, but in the end, it's everyones own choice how they choose to spend their 25 bucks... during the week I may spend it on egg whites and chicken breasts and tuna etc. but for me its worth it simply for the "changeup". Simply a couple cuts of beef or fish will likely run you over 25 bucks at the store anyways so I don't see the big problem. To me, that seems like a huge savings, go hunting, you'll probably save more, it all depends on what you compare it too. To me, it's worth my 25 bucks and you may do with your money what you please as well 3. You cut out the context of this sentence... "I figure I could do THIS" what is this??? The sentence before that details how I would also make an effort to take in low gly***ic carbs and healthy fats along with my meats... this sentence was simply providing a possible alternative (i.e. eating everything as many do on their cheat day) I said nothing about going there daily vs. weekly. Also, as far as posting my stats and diet etc. I didn't post because I was confused about what to eat or how to construct a diet, My post was simply asking if any other members make use of all you can eat deals while bulking, that was it. However, judging from your pic and the fact that I most likely have years of experience over you on this board, you can post your diet, stats and macros to me so I can give you some advice instead. Heck I can already tell you're making one mistake... you definately need more foods form seaworld in your diet :P (I'm just kidding of course so don't be so sensitive

ok.. check it out dude.. this has turned a little stupid in my opinion so ill address u one last time..

i have no problem with u picking me out of the bunch to get uppity with.. obviously based on multiple responses of a similar nature to mine ur OP could be interpreted in more than one way... the way i interpreted it was u wanted to use seaworld buffets to bulk with.. whether u think i should have interpreted the message difftly is of no consequence to me.. as far as cheat meals vs cheat days go ur rite everyone is different in what their body can tolerate.. however not being able to know each persons' individual tolerance im going to give my opinion of what i think is a solid approach..

also as far as ur experience on this board i think its great u utilize the resources available and encourage u to continue.. simply because u joined this site in dec 2005 gives me no reason to assume uve taken full advantage of it and when i directed u to read more it was indeed based on the assumption that u hadnt done a lot of reading.. it doesnt take too much time spent in this forum to come to the understanding that a cheat day is frowned upon... i stand by the position that a cheat day (depending of course on the extent of food choice and quantity) is not a good habit to get into..

finally ur comment on my pic i am still a bit unclear of ur intent.. regardless of the intent i am very proud of the way that i look and have zero fear or shame of posting my images for all to see.. it does make me an easy target for people like you but what u think about how i look , similar to what u think of my interpretation of ur OP, is also of no consequence to me ..

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    hopefully they wont make you start doing flips for your grilled delights

Thread Information