teacherman is offline Junior Member

Measuring question

Just a question. When it mentions one cup Cooke pasta (40 grams carbs) is that one cup after its been Cooked and expanded or 1 cup measured out dry and cooked. Same
    With brown rice etc? Kinda urgent as I have started my diet and am
    Trying to lean bulk.

Sorry for the novice question.

Lil man is offline Associate Member
    Not sure what your asking but you say "it" says 1 cup cooked then it is referring to 1 cup after it's cooked

Sure I've been taking it as one cup dry but I think I may be getting to many carbs in
    That as my numbers in my diet plan are for 1 cup whole wheat pasta cooked.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil man View Post
    Not sure what your asking but you say "it" says 1 cup cooked then it is referring to 1 cup after it's cooked
    ^^ this.

What does it specifically say? Just about every box of pasta/rice I've seen provides the macros for dry/uncooked measure. 2oz of uncooked pasta will weigh a HELLUVA lot more than 2oz once cooked (all the added water).

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just An FYI, I was preparing some whole wheat pasta today, cooked el dente (sp?) I cooked 500g dry, once cooked I made 5 serves of 200g plus about 100g left over. So weight basically doubled,
    If the pack does not state dry or cooked, look at the nutritional info, and it will mention serving size. Let's say 100g now it should also say (servings per pack) in this case 5. Then the pack also says net weight is 500g. So that would indicate the serving size is the dry weight. I would feel pretty confident that most would be dry weight serving size nutritional information.

Yeah I get my info off the Internet because I realise it's alway dry on the pack.

So just to clarify the body building macronutrients thread stats 1 cup of cooked brown rice = blah blah blah. So that means 1 cup measured out after its cooked and holding extra water?

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What does it say on the nutrition facts it should say serving size 1 cup (dried) or (cooked) that's what all my rice says.

It says the amount in grams not cups.

Thread Information