Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~

My Mainteance Plan

So, I have decided after MANY months of on and of cutting (owing to injuries (and a bad diet at times of layoff)) that I am going to run maintenance for a month or so. I have my bodyfat at about 9% and, whilst I’d like to see how low I can go, I feel the time is right for my body to have some respite. Normally after a cut I go straight into a bulk but I just want to sit with my new composition for a little while.

The plan is to go ‘up’ an average of 300cals per day by adjusting diet and cardio accordingly. Diet wise I will be going from:-

Complex Carbs – 150g split evenly over 3 meals to 200 split evenly over 4 meals. My other 2 meals won’t initially have any complex carbs until I ascertain a weight/bodyfat status quo.

Protein will remain the same – 6 meals at 40g each and Fats at around 45-50g per day (No more than 10g per meal)

Diet changes account for an additional 200cals per day.

The other 100cals will come from changes to cardio. I will drop my solitary fasted cardio to save 400cals over a week and also lessen my post HIIT, LIC cardio from 20 to 10 mins which will save approx 300cals per week.

So that’s the plan, hopefully I have some calculations right and there will not need to be any adjustments but I will weigh and measure every week to ensure that is the case. Although I won’t be very surprised if I gain a lb or 2, just because I am no longer starving my body. I know that sounds contradictory to eating at maintenance but, we shall see!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    will be tuned into this.

jypoll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    So, I have decided after MANY months of on and of cutting (owing to injuries (and a bad diet at times of layoff)) that I am going to run maintenance for a month or so. I have my bodyfat at about 9% and, whilst I’d like to see how low I can go, I feel the time is right for my body to have some respite. Normally after a cut I go straight into a bulk but I just want to sit with my new composition for a little while.

The plan is to go ‘up’ an average of 300cals per day by adjusting diet and cardio accordingly. Diet wise I will be going from:-

Complex Carbs – 150g split evenly over 3 meals to 200 split evenly over 4 meals. My other 2 meals won’t initially have any complex carbs until I ascertain a weight/bodyfat status quo.

Protein will remain the same – 6 meals at 40g each and Fats at around 45-50g per day (No more than 10g per meal)

Diet changes account for an additional 200cals per day.

The other 100cals will come from changes to cardio. I will drop my solitary fasted cardio to save 400cals over a week and also lessen my post HIIT, LIC cardio from 20 to 10 mins which will save approx 300cals per week.

So that’s the plan, hopefully I have some calculations right and there will not need to be any adjustments but I will weigh and measure every week to ensure that is the case. Although I won’t be very surprised if I gain a lb or 2, just because I am no longer starving my body. I know that sounds contradictory to eating at maintenance but, we shall see!
    i just transitioned form cut to maintenance and am working toward a bulk but as i keep adding carbs i though i might gain a 1-2lbs myself but im same weight for a month now and slowly decreasing bf%. either the carbs have increased my metabolism. or because i started HIIT 30minx3 a week i bumped my TDEE up 500 kcals

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Good luck Stem. Keep us posted on your maintenance.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    alright u got a thread finally! this is gonna take some getting used to i also believe itll help me learn how to transition from cut to maintenance properly will def be following ..

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Are you going to include AAS ?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    alright u got a thread finally! this is gonna take some getting used to i also believe itll help me learn how to transition from cut to maintenance properly will def be following ..
    Well, it's not gonna be a log like yours but I will update weekly at least.

I'll be your bitch guinea pig!

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    Are you going to include AAS ?
    My only 'supplements' will be caffeine, green tea, BCAA's, kre alk creatine and I just ordered some Jack3d to try.

I have done no hypertrophy for over a year so I'm hoping that after maintenance I can move into a REALLY LEAN bulk and that my body will soak it up and add a few super lean lbs of muscle. Besides, I have no source lol. (not fishing!!!!!)

I don't think I said, my cut ends this coming Sunday. I'll be attempting to get a few select pics done then!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Good luck Stem. Keep us posted on your maintenance.
    Hopefully my updates will all be the same.

'Same'

i found my maintenance to be roughly 2800cals.. according to katch/mcardle its 3100 but thats assuming my bf% is 10%.. so it shows that to truly be a touch on the high side.. not sure how u calculate ur tdee?? do tell..

I like Katch McArdle, it gives a great starting figure for most people. Changing and adapting cals and macro's as you go along is what truly seperates great results from average results.

Further adaption following a cut or bulk will help you find your true tdee. I think my calcs are correct but, if I need to adjust after a week and then another I will do so. I need my weight, or at the least, my bf to stay the same to be in true maintenace. When I get there I intend to stay there for 4 weeks or so before adding 200-300 cals per day.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You plan to go up 300 calories per day? Why? Just curious as to the rationale.

I don't think I am any further of maintenance than that. My fat loss has been less than a lb a week for the last 4 weeks. I'd rather start at 300 then move up rather than 500 and realise that it's too much because my bf is going up.

Losing fat is harder now I am 40 and I want to try and keep it where it is for as long as possible.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I meant why every day... i.e. why not bump 300 calories and then stay there for more than a day before bumping again?

Ah, sorry I don't mean every day go up by 300. I mean an additional 300 cals on top of my current total. I eat the same amount every day, training or not, so that's what I meant by an additional 300 cals per day!

So, for the first week I eat 2400 cals per day instead of 2100. Then adjust for the next 7 days if necessary.

My Mainteance Plan-img_0059.jpgMy Mainteance Plan-img_0058b.jpg

Weighed in at 168lbs.

Hopefully these pics work?!

So, aiming for maintenance that may take a month to get the cals/macro's right so my bf doesn't increase. Once I get to that point I will sit at it probably only for 2 weeks before moving into a lean body mass building stage.

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Nice job SteM! Good luck on the maintenance!

^^ good work man.. I think ur leaner than me we carry our weight difftly.. Funny i took a lat pic tonite too.. Ill be posting em in the am

Depending how much weight i gain on the cruise i think ill be going to maintenance when i get back.. Or at least after i cut the fat off that i gain..

You're very lean bro, great job! Now it's time to put on some gatdamn beef!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    You're very lean bro, great job! Now it's time to put on some gatdamn beef!!
    I know mate, too light for my tastes but I have a plan I need to follow. The beef will start soon mate, promise.

As for now this is day 3 of maintenance and I've never been so hungry. Seriously, before the end of every meal I'm looking forward to the next. This is suprising, not only because I am eating more but also because I don't really like eating.

In all honesty, I'm almost thinking that I should take advantage of the hunger and add another 10-15g carbs to meals 1-4 and go straight into my lean bulk. Though that isn't my plan I may just try and ride out the hunger pangs.

I have rustled up some real basic protein bars and have been having a 'taste' of them when I can't stand it anymore. This has probably added an extra 100-150 clean cals anyway.

Maintenance is harder than cutting (so far), who would believe it!

Looking good Stem. Must have missed the pics before somehow.

I know mate, too light for my tastes but I have a plan I need to follow. The beef will start soon mate, promise.

As for now this is day 3 of maintenance and I've never been so hungry. Seriously, before the end of every meal I'm looking forward to the next. This is suprising, not only because I am eating more but also because I don't really like eating.

In all honesty, I'm almost thinking that I should take advantage of the hunger and add another 10-15g carbs to meals 1-4 and go straight into my lean bulk. Though that isn't my plan I may just try and ride out the hunger pangs.

I have rustled up some real basic protein bars and have been having a 'taste' of them when I can't stand it anymore. This has probably added an extra 100-150 clean cals anyway.

i have the opposite problem, i love to eat!

Now, I could eat chocolate, cake and cookies all day long. Very sweet tooth. But that'd be a different kind of bulk!

Now, I could eat chocolate, cake and cookies all day long. Very sweet tooth. But that'd be a different kind of bulk!

hahaha! i am just talking about eating in general. i come from a culture that revolves around food

1. shouldnt be hard to give up the saturday cheesecake and crisps

2. i was hungriest when on my 7000cal carb load than ive been the rest of the time i have been cutting..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    1. shouldnt be hard to give up the saturday cheesecake and crisps

2. i was hungriest when on my 7000cal carb load than ive been the rest of the time i have been cutting..
    Well, my Mrs started a diet so I won't have to feel 'obliged' to join her in our traditional Saturday night 3 course treat/cheat because she won't be wanting one! Although Easter weekend is approaching and we have a family get together on Monday at which I'm gonna eat a boatload of roast beef and bread!

Twinged my lower back (AGAIN) yesterday carrying a fence panel. Sore all night and this morning. So no leg workout today and maybe not this week! So today, I'm gonna do a cardio session instead. Or move my shoulder workout forward a couple of days. If I miss a workout I'll have to reduce my cals and I'm still waaaaaaaay too hungry to do that!

^^ bummer dude.. hope it gets better soon

Stem that will teach you not to do any work around the house.

Hope you get better.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral
    Stem that will teach you not to do any work around the house.

Hope you get better.
    Too right but I wouldn't have to if the cowboys i paid to put up the thing had done a remotely good job.

So I had an unsatisfactory delt workout and need to fit some cardio in somewhere this week as well as legs. Back not as bad as it can be so going it won't impact me too much.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

yall have cowboys in england?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    yall have cowboys in england?
    Yeah but I prefer to call them 'thieving pikey cvnts'.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Lol..

On the plus side I am more vascular more often with extra carbs which isn't a suprise really. I like my vascular forearms and lower abs.

Can't help thinking I should have ran some clen through part of my maintenance. Maybe next time.

Well, I thought I'd have a cheeky little 5 day weigh in this morning just to see if I'd gained any weight due to the extra little bits I've been nibbling on. I reckon I am up about 400cals at least per day on average allowing extra carbs and less cardio. Although I have felt leaner if anything.

I LOST 2lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!

So, if anybody is currently getting advice from me I clearly have no idea what I'm going on about!

I am leaving everything as it is. I'll weigh again Saturday and maybe adjust then. Looking forward to the possibility of more food!

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    can i ask a really noob question Stem? in your first post, you said you'll drop your solitary fasted cardio and save 400cal. how many minutes and how intense is your fasted cardio and how do you arrive at 400cal per session?

I wear a heart rate monitor which has all my stats and calculates against my heart rate. I do about 45 mins on a treadmill at an ave of 68% of my max heart rate. It's reads about 400 cals give or take. The heavier you are the more cals will be burned.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Good job man on the cut

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    So hows the plan going? Hey on the hitt cardio, how often should i do it, i been doing lic for 60m, about 3 to 4xwek pwo, but i wanna do the hitt, also do u think i should mix it with the lic?

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information