Warrior1700 is offline Associate Member

OPTIONS~ what do you eat when out?

I bring food to work but I eat out nearly every day at work for another meal (I work 3p-11p), however, there are times that I don't have "brown" complex carb options. I usually always have chix or steak or fish, protein is not a problem.

Q is, will you go for a "white" carb option if nothing else available? Is it better to have a simple carb than none at all?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You mean white rice/potatoes etc? They are not 'simple' carbs they just, generally have a higher GI score. But that score will lower if you are combining them with other foods. I frequently eat white baked potatoes.

Don't sweat the small stuff, hit your cals and macro's an you'll be ok.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    You mean white rice/potatoes etc? They are not 'simple' carbs they just, generally have a higher GI score. But that score will lower if you are combining them with other foods. I frequently eat white baked potatoes.

Yes, white rice/pasta/potatos...Oh ok, why do I think they are "simple"..arggghhh. I know higher GI, but not simple. So just the sugars are actually "simple"?

Ok, you are right, keep it simple. Everytime I eat white something now I think....Bad kid. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post

Ooops. Sorry bout double post.

Yes, white rice/pasta/potatoes ...Oh ok, why do I think they are "simple"..arggghhh. I know higher GI, but not simple? So just the sugars and fruits are actually "simple"?

Ok, you are right, keep it simple. Every time I eat white something now I think....Bad kid. Hehe
    Last edited by Warrior1700; 05-23-2012 at 09:07 AM.

sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I usually go with one meal wont kill me. that is not saying eat what i want more of if i don't hit the macros as long as it is not often i keep it simple.

I usually get the same thing when i go out because every place has it. I get a chicken ceaser salad hold the dressing hold the crutons and add a side of veggies (depending on the veggie of the day).

Not sure if my way is correct but it seems to work.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There's a couple good ideas on youtube called Eating out not pigging out, they have some really good alternatives. If you can get to a Denny's you can have a really good meal for really cheap to.

oscarjones is offline Banned
    I tend to aim for salads and steamed veggies without extra sauces and additives, whenever possible. Almost all restaurants these days have a greener type option. People are becoming more health conscious... It's difficult in America though because most food supplies are tailored for convenience.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1700 View Post
    Yes, white rice/pasta/potatos...Oh ok, why do I think they are "simple"..arggghhh. I know higher GI, but not simple. So just the sugars are actually "simple"?

Ok, you are right, keep it simple. Everytime I eat white something now I think....Bad kid. Hehe
    I hate how the media has made everyone in the entire world afraid to eat "White" carbs....I've said this often but many times you see people eating "Brown" bread that has a lot of fat and a sh*t load of sugar.

White rice is almost identical to brown rice....And actually one of the best complex carbs that has the lowest GI is "White" spaghetti believe it or not...

So white is not always bad

Thread Information