fatluke_nofx is offline Associate Member

Pre and Post Workout Nutrition

Hey guys Just curious if there is a rule about pre and post workout nutrition. Amount of cals and macros for each would be great to know, and maybe any personal recomendations.

Another question: There are lots of Pre Workout suplments to really get you going, anyone recomend any or avoid any

Thanks!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    my pre workout is 6-8oz chikn breast, 8oz sweet potato, spinach

pwo is 1cup oats, 1 scoop whey, 6oz chikn breast

DangerDave is offline Associate Member
    my pre workout is 200g chicken breast, 1 cup whole wheat pasta

pwo is 1 cup oats, 2 scoops whey protein

dont use any pre workout supps, dont find it necessary. I drink about 3 litres of water during the day leading up to my workout then 2 litres while working out, find that keeps me going in terms of energy (coupled with slow release carbs)

my pre workout is 200g chicken breast, 1 cup whole wheat pasta

pwo is 1 cup oats, 2 scoops whey protein

dont use any pre workout supps, dont find it necessary. I drink about 3 litres of water during the day leading up to my workout then 2 litres while working out, find that keeps me going in terms of energy (coupled with slow release carbs)

double post

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatluke_nofx
    Hey guys Just curious if there is a rule about pre and post workout nutrition. Amount of cals and macros for each would be great to know, and maybe any personal recomendations.

Another question: There are lots of Pre Workout suplments to really get you going, anyone recomend any or avoid any

Thanks!
    Agree with others that food is best, but supplement wise: I like caffeine and some DMMA or ECA stack if u live anywhere other than aus haha

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by fatluke_nofx View Post

Thanks!
    There is definitely no rule. It boils down to the individual, and his/her goals. That said, the majority of people, regardless of cutting or bulking, have protein/carb meal for both pre and post workout. As for macros, again that's all individualistic. Do NOT listen to people who tell you that you should have a 2:1 carbs to protein ratio; that is way too general and absolute. That may work for one guy but not the next. My preworkout meal while I was adding mass was:

1/2 scoop ON Pro Complex
    1/2 scoop ON Casein
    1/2 cup 1% milkfat no salt added cottage cheese
    1tbsp cocoa powder
    1tbsp instant coffee
    1/2 cup oats
    1.25 cups water
    1 cup crushed ice

All blended into a smoothie/shake. Also had:

1/2 cup oats w/ splenda + cinnamon
    1/2 banana or 1/2 cup blueberries

Re: pre workout supps: They're definitely not needed. Some people (including me, at times) enjoy the feeling but they don't do anything for you in terms of training, contrary to their claims. Jack3d was always a favorite of mine but as I understand it, it won't be around for much longer.

Stick with a good dose of caffeine and a good multi (Animal Pak is my choice) and you'll be good to go.

HeadAndArm is offline Junior Member
    I usually workout in the mornings so I work out after my breakfast which is 2/3 cup oats some frozen fruit, 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, and half a pepper. I take some Jack3d a half hour before but as has been mentioned it will be no longer available in the future.

Thread Information