technodrome is offline Junior Member

How the heck do u keep your calories up there????

How in heck do you guys get in all your calories when cutting and carb cycling???

OK fine, I had zero problems getting in all my calories when i was bulking and getting in 4100 calories per day. That was because i was free to eat lots of carbs. I'd aim for 40/40/20 or so and everything was perfect. Besides the fact that its hard to eat that much... but i managed.

Now, I'm cutting. Trying to avoid the carbs. I'm figuring i'm going to be carb cycling. One week i'll get 140 grams or so of carbs per day. The next week cut it down to 70 or so grams of carbs per day.

My TDEE is 3750

This is what i've eaten today. The day is over, This is the first day in a low carb week.

1991 calories, 317 grams protein, 81 grams carbs, 46 grams fats.
    so thats
    71/18/10

Now. Gotta squeeze in more calories, But i've had tons or protein already, enough carbs, and i guess i'll have to throw down a spoon or two of fish oil to get caught up on my fats for the day...

Now, I feel like i've been stuffing my face all day. I've eaten 5 or 6 times. The average joe who looked at me eating non stop would think i'm on no diet. Even though the food is clean. But we know better then that.

Where am i going to get my extra 700 calories i need??? Everything that can pack on the calories has too many carbs.....

I'll tell you what i've eaten today spread over 6 meals, without mixing cabrs and fats, no carbs after 5pm etc, good pre and post workout meals and bla bla bla, i've read all the info on dieting. I know the drill.

700 grams of boneless skinless chicken breasts, Fryed, no oil (thats 4 large breasts)

3 bowls of leafy salad with olive oil and vinigarette sauce, (thats 20 grams olive oil)

60 grams brown rice

6 protein scoops

70 grams of mushrooms

8 grams of sugar, (in my wifes sauces)

95 grams of jackfruit

250 ml of orange juice

Basically every time you see my i'm in the kitchen snacking on some chicken salad, rice with chicken, fruit or a protein shake.

Macros are ok but calories are way too low.... On the days when i will allow myself more carbs no problems... but today.. Somethings not adding up

If i was just to force down 8 full eggs or something. My Calories and fat's would be looking better. But i'd be officially over 400 grams of protein. Isn't that a bad thing?? Seems excessive to me.

Anyone got a better idea???

dooie is offline Senior Member
    How much do u weigh?

technodrome is offline Junior Member
    217 pounds at the moment...

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    easily WEIGH it out in advance and down that shit. im only on 2200 - 2400 cals not as hard as 3000+ i guess

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by technodrome
    217 pounds at the moment...
    Add more carbs and add more fats! Fats should be around 15-20% IMO and then adjust carbs according to TDEE

Thread Information