bigga4068 is offline Junior Member

Uncooked meats...

How long do you usually let uncooked meats like chicken and beef sit in your frig for? Im tired of all the flavor I feel Im losing out on because I cook my meats for the week sunday and then just keep em in frig. I would keep in freezer and just pull out what I need for the next day but Im a forgetful guy so it nevrr fails that I forget to pull it out then Im stuck. So what Im wanting to do is sunday I will pull the entire weeks supply meat out the freezer, prep it, then stick in frig uncooked. I think it shud be fine, how about you guys? What does everybody else do to prepare there food?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    depends on the type of meat. Beef you are pretty safe and you can tell if it's bad just by smelling. chicken and fish I wouldn't go more than a day or two max due to the type of disease you can get (i've had salmonella, not fun). pork you can probably go 3 or 4 days as it too will tell you if turning bad by the smell.

but I don't think i'd go the route you are suggesting. Instead, you can prepack your portions in zip lock bags, and just pull them out as you need from the freezer. Fill the sink with hot water and let it thaw. when the hot water cools, repeat with more hot water until thawed.

this is what i do and works fine for me.

bigga4068 is offline Junior Member
    Ya I have used that method in the past as well. I think with a lil planning I cam make it all work. I didnt think salmonella cud appear that fast. Better safe then sorry

dooie is offline Senior Member
    I've let chicken sit for 3-4days max fairly regularly! I have read somewhere that once heated it kills the germs as they are very weak and are easily killed over a hot stove! But if my chicken is cooked I don't let it sit for longer than two days in the fridge

I like to cook my frozen breasts in a slow cooker! It's perfect! Only need to do it 2-3times a week and your set!

aportinastorm is offline Junior Member
    How long do you cook the chicken breasts in the slow cooker? that sounds like a good idea

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Just had breakfast, now reading this thread, feel like I want to vomit. Thanks guys

thebrightestnight is offline New Member
    Just use some of your gear. Tren usually works the best for me. Just inject your meat before you put it in the fridge and it should swell up and stay good for a few months. Sprinkle a little Nolvadex on there too and let it marinate so it doesn't grow bitch-tits. It will also prevent your hair from falling out after eating it.

JayBee is offline Associate Member
    2 days top raw in fridge, never know how long it's been sitting in store. Cooked 5 days max, but always smell because that will always tell you when it's going or is bad. If you jump back on a sniff it's a good indication not to eat!

thebrightestnight is offline New Member
    Yes. Always smell it before you eat it. Always. Trust me, you don't know where she's been.

Thread Information