Thread: Juicing

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

Juicing

No, i'm not talking about gear you mental patients!! I can think of 10 other sections where that topic would be more appropriate!

I'm talking about juicing with fresh veggies. I am planning to buy a juicer and make a bunch of different fruit/veggie concoctions and i'm really excited about it. I'm not a veggie person; I definitely don't get enough, not even close. But I DO enjoy veggie/red/green drinks. You can add all kinds of things too... egg whites, protein powders, etc.

Now, I understand I will be losing most of the fiber content since it's mainly in the pulp, but i'm not worried about that; I get plenty of fiber in my diet as it is. I am mainly concerned with vitamins/minerals, phytochemicals, antioxidants, etc.

Just wondering if any of you use this method to get in more veggies?

gymsoldier is offline Associate Member
    Will be following this, sounds like a great idea, also extremely convenient!
    Would love to hear some tasty combinations too?

First Question:
    Cooked or raw veg for juicing?

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    No, i'm not talking about gear you mental patients!! I can think of 10 other sections where that topic would be more appropriate!

I'm talking about juicing with fresh veggies. I am planning to buy a juicer and make a bunch of different fruit/veggie concoctions and i'm really excited about it. I'm not a veggie person; I definitely don't get enough, not even close. But I DO enjoy veggie/red/green drinks. You can add all kinds of things too... egg whites, protein powders, etc.

Now, I understand I will be losing most of the fiber content since it's mainly in the pulp, but i'm not worried about that; I get plenty of fiber in my diet as it is. I am mainly concerned with vitamins/minerals, phytochemicals, antioxidants, etc.

Just wondering if any of you use this method to get in more veggies?
    Funny, I actually started doing this a little while ago....Mine taste ABSOLUTELY horrible but I chug it down for the vitamin/minerals like you said...But also because cancer runs in my family and figured it can't hurt....Many of the veggies I use are great for your body and known for anti-cancer

Here is my drink....Pretty disgusting.

broccoli
    cauliflower
    brussel sprouts
    spinach
    kale
    asparagus
    beets
    grapefruit

Pretty dirt but I plug my nose and swallow

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    did it for a bit ~
    try an add 1, or some of each
    lemon
    ginger
    beets
    celery
    cucumber
    mint leaves
    to take the YUK out the full on green taste of veggy mixes

*or a lill friut, but the sugars may effect what your trying to accomplish

Masticating juicers (AUGERS) are better than centrifugal juicers, you will get more juice from your foods and even leaves/wheatgrass but they do cost more

Quote Originally Posted by gymsoldier View Post
    Will be following this, sounds like a great idea, also extremely convenient!
    Would love to hear some tasty combinations too?

First Question:
    Cooked or raw veg for juicing?
    Definitely raw.

My sister in law has a book with a ton of recipes. She made a drink for me and it was pretty good. After tasting it, my wheels already started turning with what I could add to make it tastier and even more nutritious. Once I get the book (and juicer)

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    Funny, I actually started doing this a little while ago....Mine taste ABSOLUTELY horrible but I chug it down for the vitamin/minerals like you said...But also because cancer runs in my family and figured it can't hurt....Many of the veggies I use are great for your body and known for anti-cancer

Here is my drink....Pretty disgusting.

broccoli
    cauliflower
    brussel sprouts
    spinach
    kale
    asparagus
    beets
    grapefruit

Pretty dirt but I plug my nose and swallow
    Good stuff though man. If you don't mind the sugars... how about some fruit to sweeten it up? Also some fresh lemon juice might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    did it for a bit ~
    try an add 1, or some of each
    lemon
    ginger
    beets
    celery
    cucumber
    mint leaves
    to take the YUK out the full on green taste of veggy mixes

*or a lill friut, but the sugars may effect what your trying to accomplish

Masticating juicers (AUGERS) are better than centrifugal juicers, you will get more juice from your foods and even leaves/wheatgrass but they do cost more
    Thx for the info, good to know about the different types!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    yea, I have been tossing around the idea of juiceing once more...we met tigers friends in IL and the couple lost 40+lbs each while doing the "fat and nearly dead" juicing diet...they were wicked unhealthy before and now look thinner yes, but also healthy
    i miss the great feeling I got from juicing

ENJOY

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My cousin purchased a blender called the ninja.. Pretty bad ass, will blend anything he put 2 full cups of ice in it and it chopped it all up

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007
    My cousin purchased a blender called the ninja.. Pretty bad ass, will blend anything he put 2 full cups of ice in it and it chopped it all up
    I have the ninja and is the shyt!!! I swear by it and i blend pretty much anything, it's a food processor in steroids !!! Super easy to clean!!

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui

I have the ninja and is the shyt!!! I swear by it and i blend pretty much anything, it's a food processor in steroids!!! Super easy to clean!!
    Yea it was bad ass he is getting me one

Twin is offline Associate Member
    I gotta get me a juicer

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    yea, I have been tossing around the idea of juiceing once more...we met tigers friends in IL and the couple lost 40+lbs each while doing the "fat and nearly dead" juicing diet...they were wicked unhealthy before and now look thinner yes, but also healthy
    i miss the great feeling I got from juicing

ENJOY
    I do want to make clear I would never do any kind of 'juicing diet' per se; I simply want to incorporate more veggies into my existing diet via the ease and convenience of juicing.

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    I have the ninja and is the shyt!!! I swear by it and i blend pretty much anything, it's a food processor in steroids!!! Super easy to clean!!
    Yep, I've seen the Ninja... bad ass fo' sho'!!

Thread Information