LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

On the Right Track?

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've been on here and I was just hoping for some advice. One of my biggest issues has always been consistency with my diet. I've never really been able to hold one down or at least adhere to it strictly. Right now rather than following a strict diet I am trying to just eat healthier and would like to know what you all think of it.

Breakfast:

6 eggs (2 whole 4 whites)
    serving of oatmeal

or

6 eggs (2 whole 4 whites)
    whole grain tortilla
    baked potatoes (cut up)
    Homemade salsa (Basically a breakfast burrito)

Homemade Meal Repla***ent Shake:

1 cup of nonfat milk
    half a cup of nonfat cottage cheese
    1 banana
    quarter cup of oatmeal
    2 eggs
    1 tabelspoon of peanut butter

Lunch:

2 pieces of whole wheat bread
    quarter pound of lunch meat
    lettuce
    salad mix (spinach or romaine) with olives

Meal Repla***ent Shake:

1 cup of nonfat milk
    half a cup of nonfat cottage cheese
    1 banana
    quarter cup of oatmeal
    2 eggs
    1 tabelspoon of peanut butter

Dinner x2:

1 large chicken breast
    2 servings of rice
    mushrooms mixed in with rice

This is what I've been sticking to for about a week now. Sometimes the lunch will change (depending if I add a different type of vegetable to my salad) and the dinner changes a lot too (due to me relying on what my wife cooks, but we eat healthy so I'm not worried about it). Also, she tends to make a lot for the dinner portion so I'll usually eat twice spaced over about 2-3 hours.

I've really been enjoying making my own homemade meal repla***ent as well. Due to my work nature I can't exactly sit down and have a meal so it is a great alternative for me.

Other than that I've got some supplements on the way (protein, vitamins, etc.). I was considering adding a scoop of protein to the meal repla***ent shakes but they are already at 40 grams of protein so I may just stick with adding a protein shake with water after my workouts. If I could get an honest critique on my diet I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by LawMan018; 06-02-2012 at 07:47 AM.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not sure what your goals are here. What are your stats? and what are you looking to do with this diet?

Doesn't look like to many calories all together after briefly looking over, can you post your total cals and macros for the meals?

I would get rid of the quarter pound of lunch-meat in your lunch. Is this like lunch-meat at a grocery store? You'll want to stay away from processed food like this, maybe replace it with some cut of pieces of chicken breast or a few cans of tuna. Maybe get more slow digesting carbs like oats, brown rice or sweet potatoes instead of tortillas, bread, and bananas.

Getting your macros up will be a good start though.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Wow, look who the cat dragged in!

Thread Information