bigpapa1069 is offline New Member

My diet and training any help welcomed

Ok guys and girls here goes,

I am 18/6 so im pretty heavy but only 27% body fat on todays reading. Im 30 years old and ive been in the gym for 12 years. My weight gains cane about over a divorce, knee op amd being unable to train but i need to get my fat backside on track again!!!

Now ive cut before but never got very lean i did drop to 15 stone.

Ok my tdee thing is 3289 so im going for 2700 kals a day and my split is 50/30/20 as carbs dont go to good with me guys. So 50 p 30 c 20 f

337.5 p 202 c 60 f
    The protein shake i use is optimum nutrition gold standard whey its great and full of bcaa and other goodies! So when i say shake am refering to this product.

0630 2 slices of burgen bread, shake
    60/27.8/10
    0900 shake, 1 apple, 1 pear
    48/6/2
    1200 2 tins tuna, 1/4 red onion, light salad cream
    67.7/13/11.2
    1500 shake/pear
    48/3/1
    1800 2xchicken breast and frozen mixed veg
    50/7.3/6.7

When im training i used a build and recover
    25/63/1.2
    On no training days i will grab some cold meat and another couple bits of fruit to compansate for this b&r drink.

My training is 3x10 heavyish with moves like chest press shoulder press shrugs deadlofts squatts tricept extentions etc compound moves and i do 20 mins on the treadmill of interville training. Because i have a belly should i do the plank more and push ups for the moobage

Any help and tweeks welcomed but im gonna try this for 2 weeks first as i want to lose weight and keep it off plus goong on hols on sept 10th

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Hello mate. Firstly, there are way more than 6g carbs in an apple and a pear. You'll have at least 10g in each. Fruit is not a great choice when cutting and I'd like to see less shakes and more real sources of protein.

Your weight is 258lbs? 18st6lbs? I'd be aiming for a max of 2500 cals per day. I like your macro split and carbs being focused mainly pre and post workout.

Cardio is your friend. Just do it. At 27% it doesn't matter what type, just move. Lots!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

And your build and recover has 63g carbs? If so, I suspect it is mostly sugar? Finish it and don't buy another. Real carbs before and after training, sweet pots/oats/brown rice.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok mate cheers and yeah its extreme nutrition b&r 2 scoops 63g carbs. So what are you suggesting i switch to a normal shake after training and come home and eat sweet potato etc????? And il get down to the 2500 al relook my diet here comes another two hours lol!!!!!!

I assume tinned tuna is ok its just easy to pour water in a shaker whilst at work than drain tuna etc!!!! Cheers mate

Canned tuna is fine. Appreciate work gets in the way sometimes but you don't have to eat 6 times or more per day. How about breakfast, lunch, as soon as you finish work, post workout (depending what time of day you train). Just fit your macro's into 4 meals not 6. You may even be less hungry.

Post workout I eat a real meal of brown rice, tuna and veg. I supplement that meal with 10g whey and 10g casein.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Training the now is mostly friday afternoon sat and sun 11ish and interville training 0630 before work mon-thur i do try to go after work but sometimes im dead on mu feet lol. I will look at what you have said mate and try get some quality foods in before and after gym seshs

musclekid88 is offline Junior Member
    Kick the fruit out go for brown rice, sweet potato, brown rice cakes, beans, oats etc

Quote Originally Posted by musclekid88
    Kick the fruit out go for brown rice, sweet potato, brown rice cakes, beans, oats etc
    Did you bother reading what I wrote?!?!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member

oops

oops
    Last edited by Ishallnocheatmyself; 05-29-2012 at 05:27 AM. Reason: missed a significant detail

VitaminX is offline New Member
    hey big papa , I'm in scotland two and have a couple loaves of the burgen bread in the freezer. Haven't taken it out yet because I'm just unsure of the sugar levels in it. I know this isn't my thread but think its relevant here. How good a carb source are grain sources such as soya bread in comparison to the oats?

Burgen bread is still bread. It just has soya and linseed added. A such, there are better carb sources out there. I certainly wouldn't use it as a regular carb source and definitely not pre or post workout.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

musclekid88 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Did you bother reading what I wrote?!?!
    sorry man just skimmed through it before rushing out the house, my bad

Well its shopping day tomo i will sack the bread amd get some sweet potato and some brown rice thanks guys!!!! I still love my tinned tuna tho lol burgen bread was just for breakfast tho to give me a good morning carb boost lol

Thanks folks mucho greatfull

Thread Information