Thread: Cycle Diet Help

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^ good idea.. i use caloriecount..

trainhard82 is offline Junior Member
    Weekend macros are as follows:

Fri - 2127 cals/150 carbs/57 fat/270 protein
    Sat - 3234 cals/291 carbs/94 fat/236 protein
    Sun - 2394 cals/181carbs/76 fat/181 protein

The weekend was a little tough to stick to the normal diet routine as I had family down and we were running around all weekend. Sat was definitely my downfall but overall wasnt too bad. Most of the excess carbs in that macro came from gatorades. It is really hard to get over 300g of protein in a day without having meals prepped and measured and ready to eat every two hours. I am not worried about this week as it will be back to my normal work routine.

Macros for yesterday were as follows:

2855cals/182carbs/69fat/380protein

Ate 100% clean but I may need to look at lowering my protein intake to get the calories lower. Does anyone know how much protein you really NEED? I am taking about 4 whey shakes a day to help get over 300g so if it isnt needing to be that high it would save me some money and time but i want to make sure it is whats best for what I am trying to accomplish.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by trainhard82 View Post
    Macros for yesterday were as follows:

2855cals/182carbs/69fat/380protein

Ate 100% clean but I may need to look at lowering my protein intake to get the calories lower. Does anyone know how much protein you really NEED? I am taking about 4 whey shakes a day to help get over 300g so if it isnt needing to be that high it would save me some money and time but i want to make sure it is whats best for what I am trying to accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hows it going man? welcome to the forum.. IMO u should be 10-12%bf when starting a cycle.. im assuming ur bulking? if so and ur ok with ur bf% now and would be ok with it going up higher than it is based on ur stats u should be eating 4000cals..

ur fats are too high IMO (approx 30% total cals).. id bring it down to 20% at least if not 15%.. ur protein and carbs need to go up to 400g a piece.. carbs r ur friend while bulking ..

id prob do:

4000cals
    400g pro
    450g carbs
    67g fat

giving u a 40/45/15 pro/carb/fat split...

also 1/2 gallon milk per day is a lot of sugar.. id reduce it to maybe 16oz..

also what is "torrent"??
    at 235lbs and 15%bf u have @200lbs LBM.. running a cycle and bulking u should go with 2g pro per lb LBM IMO.. like i already told u.. personally i would be cutting down in bf first..

Quick update on macros for the week. I went to a couple concerts this week but still tried my best to keep everything within my plan. Only one day did i go a little over so i am not too upset:

Tue - 2332cals/112carbs/55fat/190protein
    Wed - 2655cals/257carbs/102fat/158protein
    Thu - 2537cals/213carbs/50fat/285protein

I really need to get the macros more consistent but i ran out of protein powder this week so that made it tough and being on the road a lot made it tough to stick with my usual schedule when i am in the office. The calories are still where i want them to be which is good but i want to stay consistent. Gym sessions have still felt good so far I am not seeing any strength loss which is always a plus!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information