provost89 is offline New Member

Diet Advice, taking my first step in the right direction

Hey everyone,

This is my first post in the diet section and by far overdue. I am only 22 and have done previous AAS when I was 21 and multiple prohormones since I was 18. I realize doing those things was not in my best interest now. This is a step in the right direction for me as I try to get my diet on track, which is the basis for any way to make gains.

Some details about myself.

Height: 6'0

Weight: 208

Approx BF%: 14%??

Serious Lifting Exp: 5yrs

Diet Advice, taking my first step in the right direction-gym-pic-2.jpgDiet Advice, taking my first step in the right direction-gym-pic.jpg

Now although I may not have a specific diet I do eat healthy. No fast food, no shitty food and I do regular many good means that would pass in any diet. But I do not have a strict regiment I follow and my diet is very sporadic. I have grabbed a diet from the first sticky in this sub-forum. I will post this diet in here for quick referencing. I am going to reference in bold some immediate thoughts I have about each meal. My work schedule is also very crazy sometimes and I wind up working graveyard shifts when the day before I did Day shift which really messes with your system. This also makes for a lot of inconsistency to my timing and what I am eating. Is this a good diet to get started on and tweaks or suggestions?

Meal 1: Pro/Carb

8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal

50g protein / 54g carbs / 5g fat

I eat something very similiar to this every morning. Although I do not think I have 8 eggs and I add ketchup to them.

Meal 2: Pro/Fat

Lean Ground Beef, ¼ cup swiss cheese, green veggies

55g protein / 2g carbs / 20g fat

With just the plain ground beef I feel like I would want to douse it in ketchup or something for seasoning. I buy those steam-able bags of broccoli, peas, green beans from the food store already.

Meal 3: Pro/Carb

Chicken Breast, 1 and a half cup Brown Rice

55g protein / 64g carbs / 3g Fat
    **Disclaimer: Meal 3 can be a pro/fat meal if you are ultra sensitive to carb intake.

Would rotisserie chicken be okay? I would also like to add salt and pepper to the rice.

Meal 4: Pro/Fat

2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, Veggies

60g protein / 2g carbs / 13g Fat

This one would be easy

Workout

Meal 5: PWO Nutrition

2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose

40g protein / 80g carbs / 0g fat

I currently take a PWO shake extremely similar to this. Just with about 30-40g of dextrose

Meal 6: PPWO

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, ½ cup Brown Rice (Measured Uncooked)

50g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

Now this is where I know I would start to struggle. After my PWO shake I am always full for like 2 hours after the gym/drinking it. Is it bad to wait that long before eating again PWO?

Meal 7: Pro/Fat

Lean Protein of your choice, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
    50g protein / 5g carbs / 18g fat

Assuming my schedule is normal I would be eating this meal very late I think by the time I would be able to get it down maybe 9-10pm.

Meal 8: Before Bed

3 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.5 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil

60g protein / 3g carbs / 21g Fat

I have two scoops of casein protein before bed now and two gelcaps of flaxseed

That turns into approximately 420 grams protein, 250 grams Carbs, and 83 grams of fat. This is roughly 3500 calories

*Reminder: This is a PRIMER. It’s not mean to be comprehensive. Everyone is different, to find out what works for your body takes trial and error.

Thank you for all advice and suggestions. Now off to the workout section to get some thoughts on my current routine.
    Last edited by provost89; 05-30-2012 at 02:01 AM.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You don't need 420 gr of PRO at your current BW, it is simply excessive.

Drop your daily PRO intake to 300gr and up your carbs if you want to bulk. You can up your fats too, depending on how your body responds to each macro.

If your goal is to lean bulk, then you have to get rid of simple sugars in your current diet proposal, ditching 80gr of Dextrose first and foremost would be a good place to start. You can always replace your simple sugars with grounded oats, as you should.

provost89 is offline New Member
    Ok great! Thank you for the advice, any other thoughts from anyone else?

Thread Information