ID:	123121
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010167.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	123122

Then Stats
    5'4" 143 LBS 20-21% Bodyfat
    35 Years Old. Hold weight mostly in Butt and theighs.
    Weight Train 2X a week
    Cardio 3

Diet
    Meal 1 Protein Carbs Fats
    Whey Protien Choc. 19.8g, 2.37g 1.59g
    Oatmeal 3.55g 17.05g 1.85g
    Total 23.35g 19.42g 3.44g

Meal 2

Meal 3
    Chicken 19.6g 0g 2.2g
    White Potato 2.1g 17.1g 0.1g
    Broccoli
    Total 21.7g 17.1g 2.3g

Meal 4
    Chicken 19.6g 0g 2.2g
    Sweet Potato 2g 26.3g 0g
    Broccoli
    Total 19.8g 26.3g 2.2g

Meal 5
    96% Lean Burger 19.44g 0g 4.23g
    White Potato 2.1g 17.1g 0.1g
    Total 21.54g 17.1g 4.33g

Meal 6

Meal 7
    Egg White 16.35g 1.2g 0g
    Egg yolk 1.6g 0.06g 3.06g
    Total 17.95g 1.26g 3.06g

MEAL TOTALS: 152.84g 120.02g 24.21g
    1304 Claories

Also taking 6 fish oil pills and Drinking 1.5 gallons of water
    Exercised for years (10+) Both Weight train & Cardio. Always been thick but really want to lean out a bit.
    Just cant seem to loss weight. Ordered and thinking of tring Clenbuterol /T3 Cycle...... What am I doing wrong ???? Any Helps or Thoughts???????
    Last edited by oweiwon; 05-19-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Adding Pic

oweiwon is offline New Member
    Anyone?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Hi, can you list your workouts and cardio specifics (times of day, sets, reps, intensity etc)?

7 Meals is alot, can you condense your meals down to 4 maybe?

I'd probably drop your carbs to 100g maybe a bit less and have fays about 35g.

How long have you been following this plan and has it given you any results?

Weight Train 2 Days a week, 1 Big lift (Squats, Deadlift or Bench) followed by accessory work (45min). Cardio 5 Times a week at 30min. Fast walk on treadmill. I started this about 4 weeks ago at about 1600 callories and every week making a few cuts. So far I've done nothing but gain about a pound a week.

Oh Sorry, Cardio early morning empty stomach, Workouts normally around 10am
    Last edited by oweiwon; 05-19-2012 at 04:32 PM.

akali is offline Junior Member
    do you ever incorporate HiTs? i wouldn't worry to much about counting each lb with the ideal diet you could gain some muscle too. By accessory work what would this consist of? and is your cardio performed right after your lifting?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Welcome. First off, I am not an expert like Stem and others around here. I have lost 40 lbs once I got my diet figured out with help knowledgeable members of this forum.

Got to eat the right food at the right time.
    It looks like your carbs are high and can you try 5 small meals.
    Most white food has no nutritional value, so I would get rid of the white potatoes, brown rice instead?
    What about more leafy veggies??? Can you manage salads? watch dressing...lots of hidden calories/fat/carbs...
    Fish is good too, but salmon is high in fat.

Cardio - I luv luv luv spinning....and to lose fat, I had to bumb up my cardio. Weights are good too.

But for me, diet is 80%. As far as the clen , I was told that is for the last 5 pounds....not the first 5....

Good luck and I am sure you will get more advice. Don't give up on yourself, and remember, we often focus only on the areas we don't like about ourselves.

Be wary of dropping cals too low too. I think 100g of carbs, 160g protein and 30-35g of fat should be your minimum. Split over 4 or 5 meals.

Oats, sweet potato or brown rice should be your main sources of carbs. You need to factor in your fish oils ( great choice btw) to your macro's.

As suggested, HIIT is great but if you can only do your cardio fasted then LIC is fine though a mixture of both tends to work well for people.

And take no notice of GGR, I'm no expert That girl has done great on her weight loss she has some excellent advice there.

Put down a new diet with new nacro's and we'll take a look for you!

LILhotE is offline Female Member
    First thing I would suggest is cut out the white carbs. No white potatoes, white rice, white bread, anything like that. Stick to brown rice, wheat bread... Also looks like u are eating too many carbs, too often. I agree that eating right-at the right time is very important I would incorporate more lean proteins (fish) in your diet. Shakes are ok, when your in a crunch but try to get most of your proteins in lean meats (fish, chicken, ground turkey, etc.) Eat more veggies! Also, something that helps me drop fat is cutting out dairy. I usually have my protein shake-post work out. I use almond milk with whey. Make sure you're drinking lots of water!!!

Thanks everyone, Im going to drop the white potatoe and switch to sweet potatoe & maybe some brown rice. Also I'll reduce my carbs to 100g. All my shakes are mixed with water. And I weigh EVERYTHING so I know Im on.... I'll check in and let you know my progress.... Thanks again

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Good call on dropping carbs. I'd reduce them even further. I'm 195lbs currently, and eating 100g carbs/day (cutting), so just think about that.

Thanks, I'll go a week on this and depending on the results I may drop them a little more.

Everything good I learned about nutrition was from this site and ya'll.

Take measurements, weight, pics weekly...(although I occassionally sneak on the scale more often to affirm the "sins" I already committed).

Clothes are a great gage. I have a pair of skinny bling bling jeans and make myself wear them about every other week (more during my danger times).

Women fashions offer stretchy fabrics. I don't do stretchy except for 1 ALL MY WORKOUT CLOTHES 2. rare occassional tights....but RARE now.

As soon as you get into a smaller size, give away /donate your former larger size. I had a full array of sizes...12 to 6 when I started...now 2 and 4.

Promise to yourself that you want to change, and you will. You made a huge first step by 1 joining, and 2, posting your own thread 3, checking back in. Folks here will help you if you want to help yourself.

Also, the guys here are "female" respectful, if you respect yourself. You will be able to tell the good advice from the bad advice in time.

And if you get unsolicited PM from OP offering up advice, made me wonder why they didn't post it on my thread for the "experts" to offer a counter....trust your instincts.

Have an awesome week!

Thanks GirlGymRat, I'm on this and I WILL make it work. If I dont do this now, its goning to be twice as hard later.

Daniel_CN is offline New Member
    Reducing your carbohydrate intake will help.
    Have you ever read any of Lyle McDonald's books? His Stubborn Fat Loss book is a great resource.

jpowell is offline Banned
    to the op, good job taking steps into right direction. once you put everything together and understand what your doing, stay consistent and you'll shed results. on another note, in your pics you look fine, so don't be so hard on yourself. good luck!

utryit is offline Junior Member
    dont drop your carbs to under 100g a day if your doing cardio 5x a week.. i eat atleast 250-300 plus my 150-200g protein a day.. i do hiit(sprinting it requires so much carbs and end of the day your fat is your fuel where as if your carbs are lower then 100g your using your muscle so your weight wont go down itll fluxuweight up and down and you may think you have lost weight or size but youve lost muscle.. hiit cardio is only 30mins and it shreads boring cardio on a treadmill. who can stand there for 60mins and look at the same crap for 1 hour.. do some interval training with push ups and squats inbtween and youll feel fitter

Quote Originally Posted by utryit View Post
    dont drop your carbs to under 100g a day if your doing cardio 5x a week.. i eat atleast 250-300 plus my 150-200g protein a day.. i do hiit(sprinting it requires so much carbs and end of the day your fat is your fuel where as if your carbs are lower then 100g your using your muscle so your weight wont go down itll fluxuweight up and down and you may think you have lost weight or size but youve lost muscle.. hiit cardio is only 30mins and it shreads boring cardio on a treadmill. who can stand there for 60mins and look at the same crap for 1 hour.. do some interval training with push ups and squats inbtween and youll feel fitter
    She does cardio 3 days a week, not 5. There'd be no issue dropping below 100g carbs regardless, as long as the appropriate increase was made in protein and fats for lost cals. Your body doesn't want to use muscle for energy, its the last thing it uses. I know guys who have gone from 230lbs to 185 eating only 100g carbs and lifting 4 days a week and doing cardio 6 days. Not only did they lose weight they GAINED muscle!

I agree that HIIT is better than steady state, for most people at least!

I did make a small adjustment to the carbs and I'll re-weigh this friday. Also I'm going to try changing up my cardio and adding Hiit style cardio. Thanks again everyone. I'll check back in on friday and let you know of any progress

jpowell is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oweiwon
    I did make a small adjustment to the carbs and I'll re-weigh this friday. Also I'm going to try changing up my cardio and adding Hiit style cardio. Thanks again everyone. I'll check back in on friday and let you know of any progress
    A small thing to note, women may be a lil diff idl so dont bash me, but 3-4 days mite not be sufficient time to see progress results. In that lil window it may just be enought time to only go by what your body feels/tells you. Wait at least a week full weeks time to fully check progress and get numbers. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    A small thing to note, women may be a lil diff idl so dont bash me, but 3-4 days mite not be sufficient time to see progress results. In that lil window it may just be enought time to only go by what your body feels/tells you. Wait at least a week full weeks time to fully check progress and get numbers. Just my .02
    yes we are ))) So true. I say pick one day a week to weigh, measure, pics (I do middle of week cuz my cheat day is normally over weekend). Gals will respond too, but give it a little time. when slimmer me checks in, she'll say slow and steady wins!!!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    What about a EC stack? Simple and will shred fat for sure.

This is kind of what I suggest for anyone wanting mild fat loss. Never seen anyone say anything really bad about it.

Damn decent diet too. Just the white potatoes are no bueno. I love em too, sweet potatoes are just not consumable by me. . . lol

144.3 lbs ..... Thinking about yohimbe hcl & caffine before I resort to clen / t3

O - just for comparison purposes. My macros. Total Daily: 1367 cal/155P/84C/37F and somedays my P and C go alitte higher, only cuz workouts are intense. I workout 8-9 hours a week. If I cheat just alittle, I won't lose. Based on your stats and pics, we are almost identicial except where we carry our weight. mine in stomach and wish I had a booty like yours. : ))) I have muscles. Not body builder, but definition and my legs are rock hard (from all that spinning).

Take another look at carbs. Eat protein and not the shake proteins. spices (not sauces) r ur new best ways into flavor. Up those veggies. Brocilli steamed...eat as much as you want.

BTW, all those other shortcuts don't work if your diet is not on. This is when u don't give up. U havent been in this new game long. : )

Thanks GirlGymRat... I'm hanging in there. Not really one to give up. What if I drop the white potato from meal 5 and the oats from meal 6? That would lower my carbs to 86g and I would be eliminating the late day carbs.Or should I just pull a few grams from every meal?

You could just focus your carbs into pre and post workout. It really doesn't matter when you have them but 40-50g pre and post workout from complex sources and then fill your other meals with carbs from only green fibrous and/or cruciferous veggies.

What was your starting weight?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

140 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by oweiwon
    140 lbs
    There will be a reason you have suddenly shot up. Time of month? Seasoning/salt on last nights/tester days meals? Regularity!

Can you detail this weeks workouts for me?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

All regular. I think my metabolism is just shot. I did start my calories at 1500 for the first two weeks hoping to boost things then I gradually pulled calories (carbs) at the 2 week mark, 3 week mark and 4 week mark.

After SteM mentioned the 100 C, I looked at my ideal eating plan and I am at 100C for workout days/ less for non workout days. Interesting to note that SteM and GBrice are on the same wave length....Good to KNOW! : ))))

I re posted my diet for ya in http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...uidance/page15 on page 15.

Please note, I workout in the afternoons. I split my meal 4 around the workout. I also droped the oatmeal for breakfast to 1/3 cup if I feel full after eating the egg whites. If I follow this plan exactly, I loose weight.

My current workout schedule:
    M free weights soon will add 30 min run/free weights
    T free weights/spin
    W off
    H TRX/spin soon will change to TRX/run
    F Spin
    S step/free weights soon will change to run / free weights

Update: Consistant with food water and workout and yet again UP. 145.6 lbs Going on vacation next week and really think I'm done with this for now. Been doing this for 5 weeks or so and I've consistantly been up 1 lbs a week.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    She does cardio 3 days a week, not 5. There'd be no issue dropping below 100g carbs regardless, as long as the appropriate increase was made in protein and fats for lost cals. Your body doesn't want to use muscle for energy, its the last thing it uses. I know guys who have gone from 230lbs to 185 eating only 100g carbs and lifting 4 days a week and doing cardio 6 days. Not only did they lose weight they GAINED muscle!
    ^^ this. Way too many people are worried about cardio burning muscle. At times, there is reason for concern, but not nearly as much as 90% of this board thinks. Generally speaking, your body burns energy in this order (grossly oversimplified, but you'll get the picture):

Readily available glucose (in the bloodstream), glycogen (glucose stored in the muscle and liver cells), dietary fat, body fat (in the form of triglycerides), and finally, dietary protein and/or muscle tissue (via gluconeogenesis).

Proteins are not energy by nature, nor are they 'meant' to be used as an energy source. Obviously it's possible... and the body will use them - if forced to. However it's an inefficient process at best, and at worst your body requires more energy to convert proteins to usable energy... not very efficient at all, right?

Bottom line, your body prefers energy sources it has evolved to burn - carbs (glucose) and fat, and will do so whenever present, preserving LBM, particularly when protein intake remains relatively high.

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    After SteM mentioned the 100 C, I looked at my ideal eating plan and I am at 100C for workout days/ less for non workout days. Interesting to note that SteM and GBrice are on the same wave length....Good to KNOW! : ))))
    I can think of very little that Stem and I disagree on, thus far!

Quote Originally Posted by oweiwon View Post
    Update: Consistant with food water and workout and yet again UP. 145.6 lbs Going on vacation next week and really think I'm done with this for now. Been doing this for 5 weeks or so and I've consistantly been up 1 lbs a week.
    Don't let this get you down. You are relying on one of the most deceptive (and unreliable) measurements available... the scale. I hardly bother weighing myself anymore; the scale provides next to nothing in terms of what's happening with your body. You need to look at the big picture - the scale is a single piece of the puzzle. Other pieces that have to be considered before putting it all together and determining what is or isn't working:

1) how do your clothes fit?
    2) what do you look like in the mirror/pics? i.e. have you taken new pics since your OP to compare? Same lighting, etc.
    3) measurements - SO important!!!
    4) scale (least important IMO)

I am roughly 195lbs in my avy; as you can see, i'm fairly lean and cut. I have been 195lbs and looked completely smooth, bloated, etc. So what exactly did the scale tell me other than the fact that I was 195lbs on both occasions?

IMO - take a small break - if you're going on vacation, enjoy it. Don't stress over this. I stressed over this on 3 of my vacations and didn't get the ultimate enjoyment that I deserved out of the vacation, and I regret that. You will come back with more focus and you will nail this. You have the support of the best nutrition forum around. We will be here when you get back... and we expect to see you!!! In the meantime, enjoy your vaca!!!

Thanks gbrice75
    I'm definitely taking a break and I refuse to give up. I'll see you all again in about 2 weeks when I resume my journey

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Hi~
    Glad to see you here.

Find good foods you like so you will stick to it.
    Remember slow wins the race.
    Consistency is key.

GOOD LUCK!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    First of all nice slipers...Second I think you look pretty good now, I wouldn't get to carried away.

^^^ i liked the slippers too

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

Don't let this get you down. You are relying on one of the most deceptive (and unreliable) measurements available... the scale. I hardly bother weighing myself anymore; the scale provides next to nothing in terms of what's happening with your body. You need to look at the big picture - the scale is a single piece of the puzzle. Other pieces that have to be considered before putting it all together and determining what is or isn't working:

1) how do your clothes fit?
    2) what do you look like in the mirror/pics? i.e. have you taken new pics since your OP to compare? Same lighting, etc.
    3) measurements - SO important!!!
    4) scale (least important IMO)
    I am roughly 195lbs in my avy; as you can see, i'm fairly lean and cut. I have been 195lbs and looked completely smooth, bloated, etc. So what exactly did the scale tell me other than the fact that I was 195lbs on both occasions?

IMO - take a small break - if you're going on vacation, enjoy it. Don't stress over this. I stressed over this on 3 of my vacations and didn't get the ultimate enjoyment that I deserved out of the vacation, and I regret that. You will come back with more focus and you will nail this. You have the support of the best nutrition forum around. We will be here when you get back... and we expect to see you!!! In the meantime, enjoy your vaca!!!
    this is so true and what I used all my life until this forum repeatedly help me to understand that 1-3 are superior. I just took my measurements this morning....I have been at this for 17 months. PICTURES are motivation for me. It is amazing the difference can see from pic day one to pic day 180 to pic day 360..... I don't ever want to go back.

BTW, it gets a little easy with time and practice....but always challenging. If it was easy, everyone would be in shape.

O, come back from vacation and start fresh. Don't

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Awww you’re a cutie! And matching wardrobe! *love it
    ALSO noticed the slippers
    Hi there oweiwon (nice name btw) and welcome!

agree with the others that carbs have zero to do with energy/ability to work out (I prefer floor work like p90x on my fasting days but it’s not due to any particular reason) and also agree with others that your bod burns 1st what it intakes like carbs/sugars 2. your stored fat and then muscle (or in tech jargon as GB says "Readily available glucose (in the bloodstream), glycogen (glucose stored in the muscle and liver cells), dietary fat, body fat (in the form of triglycerides), and finally, dietary protein and/or muscle tissue (via gluconeogenesis)".....sooo your all good chicka as long as you have some fat to drop lol

also agree that the scale is EVIL and does little good at telling us anything, muscle weighs more than fat so even if you dropped 5lbs fat but gained 2lbs muscle the scale will tell us we sux ~ even though our bods look better lean and tone ...the scale LITERALLY drove me to gal crazy town about a year ago (girly a gb can attest to my rants on psychoses lol) BUT i started to measure myself and I was wicked shrinking ! so don’t get down on your self-lady or be too harsh cuz your already doing more than most people and your bod will show this over time <3

Could very well be that your metab is shot...and may need some time to regulate, or maybe you need to reboot your pancreas?

I hated the EC stack...I was sooo shaky and my heart was racing too bad plus SERIOUS head aches (but i also don’t eat caffeine foods like coffee or soda so it could just be that my bod was freaking out about it) but you may wanna try it before clen ...bloat is a side effect from clen I also didn’t like but you may be lean enough to not have ta deal with the bloating

I’m a Calory Restrictor follower and do lower calories also a carb restrictor and although I learned a huge amount from the boards I did see that MY body didn’t respond well to the advice given and so I tweaked it as I went... we gals are different
    The trix is finding something that we can live with long term, or else the pounds just return eventually.

dont loose hope we are here for you! even if you dont follow saggestions you may teach us all something along your journey

lol just something to put a smile on you

Thanks Sexy4mySweetheart. I fly out this friday and wont be back for a week. I'm really looking forward to a relaxing week of beach, rest and food. Then I'm back after it.

Thread Information