gettingthere is offline Senior Member

Gettingthere's road to get there (Diet and Workout log)

Well, hello everybody

So, i'm back, for those of you who don't particularly remember me, i'm gettingthere. I frequently put shockingly bad diets up on here, bad workouts and simply looking for ways of getting into great shape without actually putting the massive effort in that was required. I did get so far with the approaches i took, including a cycle along the way, Dbol , Sust followed by PCT. That was last year at some point during the Summer, on looking back, good gains were made, but i wasn't exactly ready for what i did and all i was interested in was getting big fast, i more than likely could have made the gains by being natural and following a proper diet and workout schedule, by proper, i mean perfect.

Anyhoo, i'm back, and guess what? I'm looking for help from my old buddies. The last 6-7 months i have actually taken off from training due to lack of motivation and a massive amount of workload in college as it's my final year. I finish up in college in the next 2 weeks, so this Summer is a big one for me. In September, i am moving to Australia for a year with a mate. So with this, i guess i think it's time for a beach body eh? So, for the first time properly, i think i really am going to go with cutting up body fat, obviously with this, the muscle must go back on etc.

Details, my weight is in and around 205lbs
    Body fat, only through a guess is got to be up on 20-25% (no point lying about this)
    How do i feel i look? I'm not happy with how i look, feel as though i'm looking a small bit chubby (compared to what i used to be), i don't think it will take an awful long time to just get rid of a small bit of body fat, but i wan't to go the full distance, come September, i want to be able to take that t-shirt off without caring and actually look really good, im vain, who isn't really?

I'm here to follow this through, so don't worry about helping out and then not seeing any results. Cheers guys
    Last edited by gettingthere; 05-08-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Welcome back dude. Your cals partly depend on your actual bodyfat and your proposed exercise regime?

How many days will you lift and how many cardio?

Shall we assume you are closer to 25%?

Have you previously followed any style of diet that worked better for you?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thank you, good to be back.

I am open to training as many days as needed, my Summer is basically consisting on Working and Training, so i am more than open to whatever. I have actually decided to keep this as the only thread i open, keep it as my log for the summer as progress pics etc. I will actually try and get some pics up before the weekend. Go all out with this.

Sure, we can assume that, i think i look a little less than people think, i actually hate the feeling i have, if i push my stomach out, it's makes me cringe lol.

Well i have been training for nearly four years, on and off o be completely fair, had some good gains last summer from high protein diet, but whilst on cycle, so the diet probably could have been a whole lot better.

I HATE cardio, but it's something i won't be able to get away from, so i am surely willing to do this for my own benefit.

Ok, this is something i put together. I full expect this to need a lot of work, but i do want to show that i am trying here, the macros may be a small bit off also, again, i can work on that in the future plan.

Morning
    5 Egg whites (2 whole) Pro 24g Carbs 2g Fat 9g
    Whey Protein Shake Pro 24g Carbs 1.6g Fat 1g
    With half cup of oats mixed in Pro 5g Carbs 27g Fat 3g
    2 fish oil capsules Pro 0g Carbs 0g Fat 2g

Meal 2
    8oz chicken breast Pro 48g Carbs 5g Fat 8g
    4oz sweet potato Pro 1g Carbs 22g Fat 0g

Meal 3
    6-8oz chicken breast Pro 36g Carbs 3g Fat 6g
    4oz sweet potato Pro 1g Carbs 22g Fat 0g

WORKOUT

Meal 4
    Whey protein shake Pro 48g Carbs 3.2g Fat 2g
    With half cup of oats and maybe a banana Pro 5g Carbs 27g Fat 3g

Meal 5
    Steak Pro 42g Carbs 0g Fat 16.7g
    Sweet potato Pro 1g Carbs 22g Fat 0g

Meal 6 before bed
    Casein protein shake Pro 36g Carbs 4.5g Fat 0g
    2 fish oil capsules Pro 0g Carbs 0g Fat 2g

As i said, i am willing to do training at any time really, i am unaware of the times i am scheduled to be working over the Summer, but i can work around that i am sure. Going to look at my workout now, also with the cardio mixed in

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I'll have a look later but it's a good start.

Too much fat in that steak though!

And not enough veggies! Though I suspect you know that.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thank you, much appreciated for the help. Gbrice still around here sorting everybody out? The man knows his stuff

Ya, gotta try and get this down. Honesty is the best policy, i have 3-4 months to rip this up.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Round 3?? Welcome back buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    Gbrice still around here sorting everybody out? The man knows his stuff
    Thanks man! Still around, but much less frequently these days. I'm on about 10% the amount of time I used to be... but I try.

It's been a while. I'd like to see current pics if possible. I'd like to see where your bodyfat and LBM are at these days.

lol round 3 indeed, in my head it's round4,5 and 6.

Good to hear from you GB! You were putting so much work in around here, it would have been ridiculously hard to keep that up. I can try and get some pics up within a couple of days, the quality may not be super, but il get some up. Probably best for me to see them and get that out of the way.

lol round 3 indeed, in my head it's round4,5 and 6.
    lol, I know the feeling!

Good to hear from you GB! You were putting so much work in around here, it would have been ridiculously hard to keep that up. I can try and get some pics up within a couple of days, the quality may not be super, but il get some up. Probably best for me to see them and get that out of the way.
    Yep. Hopefully the criticism, good or bad (but always meant to be constructive), will motivate you.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    hate cardio???

try gw 501516 makes cardio very easy... easy indeed..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

^^ Spy, you love those PH's eh?

busybody is offline Junior Member
    welcome back getting there,
    as said, cut back on the fatty protein.
    and what's with all the potatoes??
    probably wanna get rid of those. the GI for potatoes are high. some are equivalent to sugar in spiking
    insulin levels. get rid of all the potatoes and move to broccoli, beans (green, lima, split peas, etc), lettuce,
    etc. you gotta bring back the GI stuff. that'll be the hardest part.

and I'm not even going to try to add all that macro stuff up. I'll leave that to you. but plz post it.
    and hating cardio? yup. not sure if anyone absolutely loves it. I look at it as a nice change
    from the heavy weights. but you have to have it. charges your metabolism and keeps it up and
    running. if you really wanna lose weight and wanna do it naturally, do cardio in the morning first thing
    and then in the afternoon. with a relatively good diet, you will cut up nicely, and fast.
    you'll gain good momentum because you'll see the changes quickly.

and like you stated, you can do a lot with natural good diet and some real hard work.
    it'll get you more than any steroid can, and it'll give you the power of really understanding your body
    as well as nailing a diet. this will be good for life, let alone weight gaining/losing. health is lifelong.

if there's anything else we can help with, ask.
    that's my 2. hope it helps.

Hey guys, just stopping by to say i haven't dissapeared again, just been real busy with my exams from college, all done now and ready to do this. Tommorow i will be spending the day putting a plan in place, want it to be as close to perfect as possible. So tommorow early i will be posting my plan, and hopefully i can get some help quickly to get this going right away.

Just a question, what sort of balance would you go with as regards to dieting? Bearing in mind my goal is to cut body fat as much as possible, i would bloody love to see those abs before the end of August, i never have, and have a paranoia thing about whether i will or not.

Ok, so here is the diet i have come up with. I struggle with making a proper diet, i really do, i know a certain amount, and then somehow, i mess it up. I would imagine people around here would think i would have got i by now. Anyway, here goes.

Stats: 30/05/2012
    Weight: 206lbs
    BF: In and around 20-25% (No idea, pics going up in a few hours)
    Goal: Cut body fat around the muscle for September, would love to see my abs and feel good about myself. Tighten the skin up. Seeing my abs would be amazing.

First, my diet, on a normal training day. Then below, i will place my workout schedule. Incorporating AM Cardio to boost the fat loss around muscle. Please help out anyway.

Typical day.

1st Meal
    2 scoops Oats and Whey Protein
    5 Egg Whites, 2 Whole

2nd Meal
    2 Chicken Breasts
    Green Beans

3rd Meal
    1 Chicken Breast
    Portion of Brown Rice/Pasta/Sweet Potato

Training

4th Meal
    Steak
    Portion of Brocholli

5th Mea
    1 Chicken Breast

6th Meal before bedl
    2 Scoops Casein Shake

If i am doing AM Cardio, i was thinking of having a scoop of Whey protein before i do cardio. Below now is my workout schedule, i am not going into exercises, as i believe i have it down and don't wish to keep people reading too much. So i will let you know i am keeping reps between 6-10 unless stated.

Monday
    AM Cardio of 30mins low intensity
    PM Chest and Biceps (15sets and 8sets respectively)

Tuesday
    PM Legs (15sets)

Wednesday
    AM or PM Cardio? Thinking PM personally

Thursday
    PM Back and Triceps (15sets and 8sets respectively)

Friday
    AM Cardio 30 minutes
    PM Shoulders (17sets)
    PM Cardio

Saturday - OFF

Sunday
    PM Cardio

Just wanted to ask when you would add in AB's to the equation? How many times a week, what day, rep range etc? Thanks in advance to anyone that is going to help. I hope this shows i am willing to do this.

Lack of macros aside, diet looks fine to me. Consider some carbs PWO; maybe split your pre workout carbs in half and have 50% pre and 50% post. No big deal either way.

Re: cardio - i'd skip the shake and keep it fasted. Take 5g of BCAA prior to cardio if you're worried about muscle loss.

Re: abs - don't think too much on em. Just work them like a normal muscle group, 1-2x per week. Do em' when you can; Wed and/or Sunday looks ideal to me. Normal high-ish rep ranges - 15-20 reps. You don't need to get fancy or crazy IMO - leg raises, decline sit ups, roll outs, etc.

Thank you for the quick reply GB, appreciated. The diet is coming along nicely.

I did mean to add in a 2 scoops of Whey and Oats shake after training, or would you keep that to one scoop? It's ON's Oats and Whey. I will keep the abs to twice a week, probably something like.

Twice a week:
    Lying leg raises, 3 sets of 20
    Sit ups 3 sets of 20
    Decline sit ups 3 sets of 20

Main thing for me is to get the cardio down, i never got a consistent flow of cardio, so i expect the gains from this to be greater as it will shock the body. I'm going to post up my start pictures either later tonight or early tomorrow. Then come Friday will be my first day of logging on this thread. Hopefully this can be the time. I think i am in a better place with this, as i am not so concerned with continuing to get bigger, as i realise that with getting leaner, i will look better no matter what.

Just a quick question, considering i haven't really trained at all if anything over the last few months, do you think muscle memory will kick in?

Thread Information