freddy1418 is offline Associate Member

need help with diet critique while on my cycle

K so I'm 27yrs old 6'2 at 221 pounds at about 12 to 13% bf I'm on my first aas cycle with 500mg test c a week. I'm on week 4 of cycle and will run it 12 to 14 weeks with the plan of putting on lean mass... I want to bulk but obviously not get sloppy... I've put on 4lbs so far (lean ) n e way I don't think my diet is up to par to really maximize my cycle so I need critique please and recommendations obviously

Breakfast: 2 eggs cooked on white bread with a shake (all my shakes include 2tbs peanut butter, banana,powdered milk (lactose intolerant), 1 cup oats, and a raw egg, with a scoop of protien powder.. consisting of 70 gm protien, 500 cal)

10am: another shake, hand full of raisins, orange, banana

Lunch: 2 cans of tuna (30g pro) or a can of mackeral (80g pro), protien shake

Will snack on raisins, mixed nuts throughout the day

Post workout: protien shake

Dinner: 1 1/2 chicken breast with veggies, 1 cup of brown rice

Before bed: shake with cottage cheese in it

Any critique and recommondations are extremely appreciated

frsttmer is offline Associate Member
    You need more whole foods...

frsttmer is offline Associate Member
    2 whole eggs 8 egg whites and a cup of oatmeal for breakfast, maybe you could try that, or go to google and type in sample diet for body builder

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You're taking in to many shakes, as stated above, try to get some whole foods in. Just skimming over your diet I don't think you're getting enough protein or carbs. Just not enough food at all actually, especially for your stats and wanting to bulk. The 4lbs you've gained in 4 weeks while on a Test only cycle is probably all water weight.

List your total cals and macros for the day to help start you out. Check out the stickies at the top as well, they're filled with useful information.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Too many shakes, not enough whole food.

Also, your shake sucks dude! Where did you get the idea from? Get rid of the banana and powdered milk, raw egg is not a great idea either, you'll never lean bulk with a shake like that. 2 tbs of PB is also too much, cut it back to 1 tbs.

Don't snack on sugar loaded raisins and fat loaded nuts all day long either, your daily simple sugar intake from both fresh and dried fruits is way too much with lean bulking purposes in mind.

You should have sorted out a proper lean bulk diet before you started your AAS cycle. You won't be benefiting much from this cycle IMO.

Thanks ffrstmer for the recommondation I will take it... I do think I am taking to many shakes and not enough whole food and that's y I'm here (for recommendations), jonblaze I haven't done the math of my macros... I normally am doing 2g protien per lb and 3k calories... what do u guys recommend as a example lunch and dinner? My wife is good in the kitchen and can make about n e thing taste good lol I'm more then open, in fact want recommendation to save my cycle before its too late... I have 8 weeks to go on it and I do want to maximize the experience of my first cycle... (turk) I have had succsess in the past bulking.. as of 3yrs ago I was 160lbs so I've put on 60 lean pounds in 3 years which is great in my opinion.. I'm still at 12 to 13% bf which I would like in the 9 to 10% range when I cut... I'm naturally skinny with a high metabolism so cutting usually isn't difficult at all... thanks in advance for the suggrstions and recommendations

Hey Turk do u think I could still save my cycle if I start a better diet from now... or would u consider the cycle a complete loss?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, I don't consider your current cycle a complete loss but it is also quite obvious you are not going to benefit from it maximally with your current nutritional regimen, or even optimally if you ask me.

You need to start eating whole meals, several times a day. It won't be a big task for your wife, trust me. BB meals are simple, plain meals and usually, all you need is a non-stick pan and a working stove!

You should aim for approx. 8-10 oz cuts of natural protein sources when you sit down to eat. Shakes won't save you from loosing new muscle tissue during PCT, remember this.

Carb sources: yams, oats, lentils, brown rice, couscous, low GI fruit such as blueberries.

Protein sources: fish, lean red meat (cow, bison, dear, lamb), chicken, turkey, lean pork, cottage cheese, eggs, unsweetened almond milk.

Fat sources: EVOO, seeds, nuts (especially raw walnuts and almonds), avocado, fish oil, natural PB.

GREAT!!! thanx for the tips.. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and am gonna fit in as many meals as my body lets me eat contaning these ingredients lol and keep prob 2 maybe 3 simple shakes Thanks again for all ur help... I heard Turk was the man so I'm happy u cued in on my thread and thanks to the rest as well I love this forum

dtex587 is offline New Member
    I hear of alot of people adding pb to a shake i have never done but i think i will give the 1tbsp a shot

Thread Information