iSwanson is offline Junior Member

Question What should I eat during the day when I will be drinking that night?

If anyone lives in mid-west IL and knows of the Quad Cities I'm going to "The District" on June 8th for one of my good friends Bday. Since most of you probably don't know what the Quad Cities or The District is, it's pretty much 2 or 3 blocks of nothing but bars, clubs, and strip clubs. Well my question is since I know that I'm going to be drinking heavily that night, what should I eat that day to minimize the effects the alcohol (acetate) has on my diet. Should I try to completely cut out all carbs and as much fat as possible and try to keep the protein high since the body will use strictly the acetate as energy when I'm drinking? I'm already a Vodka drinker and have been since I was in high school (don't mind beer, but vodka was cheaper and got I used to the taste.) I normally try to drink 0 cal flavored water as a chaser for my shots.

By the way I am cutting at the moment so calories are already lower than maintenance and I'm not on a cycle of any kind.

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    i assume ur not that serious otherwise u wouldnt be drinking. depending on ut goals and level ur at of course

just have ur night out and get back on track the next day. no big deal really ur thinking too much into it. dont epect to be calorie deficiet of course. so after few days the bloat etc will go away

Skyrinegt is offline Associate Member
    Wouldn't worry so much about that day as I would the day after and getting on track maybe even a bit of fasted cardio just to reassure your body your serious

Thanks guys

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If anything, get more water in you then you would usually drink, the alcohol is going to dehydrate you and if you drink heavy you will be completely dehydrated in the morning.

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I believe some glutamine has to be involved before you go to sleep, something to do with the alcohol burning the muscle or some crap and the glutamine stops that process or whatnot. Look into it or wait for someone else to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz View Post
    i assume ur not that serious otherwise u wouldnt be drinking. depending on ut goals and level ur at of course

just have ur night out and get back on track the next day. no big deal really ur thinking too much into it. dont epect to be calorie deficiet of course. so after few days the bloat etc will go away
    I know I am and I'm very serious about my diet at the moment, maybe even anal (no homo). I just hate that feeling the day after (not the hangover) of feeling like you just wasted half a weeks hard work. But when I put my priorities in perspective having fun with my friends and family will always come before my diet, well atleast once every week or two

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    ^^^ i know how u feel excatly.

just go have fun as u said family and friends first. get baack on it necx day.

maybe fasted cardio depending on how u feel when u rise

Biceppeak is offline New Member
    sound like a mini amsterdam...i want in lol. yeah look i wouldnt eat while drinking. alcohol is toxic in your body so the primary goal is for it to flush all traces of it out. so while your body is working to do that things like food take a back seat and get put into storage if you will. so obviously if you dont really care id go out toss back a few green goblins a few full strengths(the only type of beer to drink) smash some tequlia shots and down the fast food and just go on a vlc the next day with high water and a multi v. but if you are serious i dunno why youd be drinking...just aviod food load up on a normal meal beofre you head out come home 1/2 gallon water when you get home with a multi v should do the trick.

Thread Information