Bevsta123 is offline Member

Clean Bulk & Dirty Bulk

Whats your guys opinions on these two? Clean bulk vs Dirty bulk :P

G Lock is offline Banned
    would you rather swim in piss or clean water? Would you rather use a fan or air conditioner to cool your house? Would you rather build a house with wood or bricks?
    Clean bulk and dirty bulk both will make your gain weight and muscle but in the end clean bulk is better.
    If you can clean bulk then there is no point of dirty bulking when you may have to spend just as much time cutting off fat, plus dirty bulk is worst on your health.

If you can do either one obviously do a clean bulk, not only will you still gain muscle but you wont have to cut as much fat and its way healthier on your body.
    If you can't do a clean bulk then dirty bulk is the only way to gain weight. If your only choice is to dirty bulk then you have to.
    If you run on 2500 cals and try doing a clean bulk but stop at 2500 because you ran out of clean foods the only choice is to dirty bulk to get the extra cals other wise you wont gain weight.

I try to eat as clean as possible then whatever I have left I throw in some dirty bulk. I try to get 80% of my foods from clean foods such as rice, potatoes and pastas ect. But if I still have like 500 cals left or a bit more I will eat a cup of ice cream or something regaurdless because if I don't I wont get bigger.

Clean foods cost alot but if you can afford it there is no reason to dirty bulk. Dirty bulk would be if you have no choice or you just need a quick extra 500 cals

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't believe in the term "dirty bulk" I think it's just something lazy people do. In all honesty if you are "dirty bulking" then you just aren't serious about bulking to begin with or have much care for your overall health.

If you "dirty bulk" you're going to add a substantially large amount of fat with your muscle as well and probably just end up looking fat. The fat gain can be left to a minimal if one had just got there diet in check and do it the clean way, which is actually dieting. When you're "dirty bulking" I wouldn't even call it dieting, you're just eating.

It all depends on the individual, if you want to be lazy and "dirty bulk" then expect to gain fat and then having to bust your ass to cut all that fat.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    IMO a "dirty bulk" is just a way to label making poor food choices.. some super metabolism guys can get away with it.. i dont think im one of em.. i hate gaining fat..

Gronkowski is offline Associate Member
    You can only get away with dirty bulking for so long. You will eventually become a fat slob and will have to spend lots of time dropping BF. Not worth it. Clean bulk for the W

Gronkowski is offline Associate Member
    Another question.. Would you consider weight gainer powder under a clean or dirty bulk? I had a friend doing 4k of cal a day plus 20 scoops of weight gainer just to maintain his weight.

Bevsta123 is offline Member
    yeah true, cause im trying to do a lean bulk atm and was just wondering cause i have a friend attempting his dirty bulk cause he wasnt gaining with his clean bulk.

@405, is that you in your dp? if so you seem to have pretty bad ab genetics haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bevsta123 View Post
    yeah true, cause im trying to do a lean bulk atm and was just wondering cause i have a friend attempting his dirty bulk cause he wasnt gaining with his clean bulk.

@405, is that you in your dp? if so you seem to have pretty bad ab genetics haha
    my dp? u mean my avi? yes thats me.. i still have a thin layer of fat over my abs and dont currently do any ab work.. curious as to ur point in the statement? other than just trying to sound like a ****ing asshole..

binsser is offline Senior Member
    ha ha ha he was being sarky bud meaning you look mint!!!! or at least i think he was or he is an asshole lolol great replie though!!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Whats your guys opinions on these two? Clean bulk vs Dirty bulk :P
    Not even sure what the question is here. Clean bulk = clean, lean gains (generally), relatively healthy bodily function. Dirty bulk = adding lots of unnecessary bodyfat, high cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. What's the debate?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I always liked to refer to my laziness and eating crappy foods as dirty bulking.

Its just an excuse. THere is no reason to "dirty bulk" other than to get away from putting in effort to the lifestyle.

My "dirty bulk" over a period of time got me to a mid 20s bodyfat with lethargy, laziness, and eventually started affecting my training. I trained less, took more days off, and completely lost a lot I had achieved. I was 6'3 and pushing 290 in De***ber with my blood pressure around 150/90. I would be out of breath from simply going up a flight of stairs

It took serious issues in my life to finally realize I had simply let myself go. Those issues made me do a complete 180 to become myself again and in 6 months I dropped over 60 pounds.

I will never go about that route again
    Last edited by Noles12; 06-06-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    I always liked to refer to my laziness and eating crappy foods as dirty bulking.

Its just an excuse. THere is no reason to "dirty bulk" other than to get away from putting in effort to the lifestyle.
    Well said bro, I agree 100% with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkowski View Post
    Another question.. Would you consider weight gainer powder under a clean or dirty bulk? I had a friend doing 4k of cal a day plus 20 scoops of weight gainer just to maintain his weight.
    Pretty much. Check the label on your average weight gainer. It's loaded with more sugar and sh!t than either of us can pronounce. Dirty in my book. That said, I'd rather eat weight gainer than McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    my dp? u mean my avi? yes thats me.. i still have a thin layer of fat over my abs and dont currently do any ab work.. curious as to ur point in the statement? other than just trying to sound like a ****ing asshole..
    I think he was referring to the shape/formation of your abdomonals, not fat. However, it is an asshole comment to make... no need to point out what you consider somebody's deficiency, especially in somebody else's thread for which the topic has no relation to the comment.

HeadAndArm is offline Junior Member
    Look pretty cut to me

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I think he was referring to the shape/formation of your abdomonals, not fat. However, it is an asshole comment to make... no need to point out what you consider somebody's deficiency, especially in somebody else's thread for which the topic has no relation to the comment.
    thx GB yeh actually they look better than they do in the pic.. kind of mis shaped in the pic but theyre not.. i still havent perfected flexing them especially when taking a pic of myself and i cant see my reflection but there is some fat over them.. however i dont see the need to make a statement purely to try to make a negative observation about someone with the no intent other than to bring negative attention and make them feel bad.. i have been lazy when it comes to ab work and at some point plan on doing it.. i dont have time pwo to do it but trying to fit some in between sets.. what kind of ab work do u do? suggest?

i like weighted cable crunches.. and ive been doing some seated twists on an incline sit up bench leaning back.. seems to be pretty good for the sides

thx GB yeh actually they look better than they do in the pic.. kind of mis shaped in the pic but theyre not.. i still havent perfected flexing them especially when taking a pic of myself and i cant see my reflection but there is some fat over them.. however i dont see the need to make a statement purely to try to make a negative observation about someone with the no intent other than to bring negative attention and make them feel bad
    Agreed. And based on what I look like right now, I for one would be happy to have your stomach lol!

i have been lazy when it comes to ab work and at some point plan on doing it.. i dont have time pwo to do it but trying to fit some in between sets.. what kind of ab work do u do? suggest?

i like weighted cable crunches.. and ive been doing some seated twists on an incline sit up bench leaning back.. seems to be pretty good for the sides
    I generally only do ab work while cutting, which is probably a bad habit. I do them once, maybe twice a week depending on my workouts for that week. Most of the time - laying leg raises, decline sit ups/crunches, roman chair sit ups, etc. Also, core work like kettlebell swings, hang cleans, etc. will help with overall core/ab development.

Thx man i mite chek into the kettleball thing also thought bout heavy bag.. Punches and kicks..

Thx man i mite chek into the kettleball thing also thought bout heavy bag.. Punches and kicks..
    Kicks will help more so than punches, but overall as a 'toning' workout (cardio!!!!), boxing/kickboxing is amazing.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    All true as stated above.

I am done eating shit after PCT. The dirty bulk thing works. But, why get covered in fat?

Eat more "clean" food not crap, you will get bigger.

I gained over 40lbs on my 1st cycle. Half or so is fat, yay - waste of time since I have fat to lose now.

acadmia is offline Junior Member
    Same amount of muscles will be added both cases. The rest will be fat

^^ well said, lol!

Thread Information