Height 6'1
    Weight 183
    Training 10 plus years hard
    First cycle test prop
    150mg eod
    Deadlift over 450
    Squat 485
    Bench 270
    These stats are as of right now I am 18 days into cycle and gaining strength daily.
    I have a really hard time gaining weight. I have lost two pounds now from when I started cycle. I was planning on doing 300/300/100 3300 cals a day but the past couple days I have been forcing everything I can down and hitting 4000 to 4500 cals a day and I don't gain. I eat all healthy foods by the way.
    I was going to try dirty bulk but its just so unhealthy. What should I do??????? Should I just not count anything and eat every possible thing I can all the time???? Please help.

jpowell is offline Banned
    1st what does eat all healthy foods mean? their is a huge difference in hitting your macros correctly vs just aiming for a given number of cals. have you read the stickies learn to diet and hard gainer? learn to diet has video i suggest you take 2hrs and watch. what is your current body fat level?

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Yeah man hit the stickies up for sure they are great

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    post exactly what you ate
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There's no way you're eating 4500 cals on Prop and loosing weight. You're mis-calculating your cals or something man. There's something not right here.

spoon69 is offline Associate Member
    I stick to my macros pretty well when I'm on diet but the past couple days I have been eating everything I can and I still don't gain. I eat six to seven meals a day rotate protein carbs/protein fats meals set my carb meals to accommodate for when I will be active the most during the day. I eat starch carbs early and mid day for prolonged energy and complex carbs pre heavy activity if planned and possible. I get my protein from all different sources throughout the day like chicken, steak, salmon, whey, tuna, quinua, fresh veggys, and so on. I listen and take advice well and I do study and read all I can. I'm not new to all this I'm just not as advanced as some. Truthfully I have never had a bodyfat % done because I have a always been lean with a six pack. I have a great physique and look like I'm 200 pounds at 183 I have been a athlete my hole life but with getting older I am backing off from a lot of it and its time to take my physique to the next level maybe get into bb but I need to gain weight regular for a couple years to do so. I am researching all this on my own but would also like advice from the pros. It is really hard for me to gain weight its the one thing I just can't get.

Any other info you need ask and I will post as I can. I am motivated and will do what I need to. Thanks.

List your daily diet with total macros and cals. What you're describing just sounds like you're eating stuff without knowing how many cals or macros are being consumed. Just doesn't sound structured at all.

List the daily diet of foods with macros and totals to start.

I rotate my meals and plan daily as much as I can so I don't get sick of the foods I'm eating because then it is hard to stuff it down. Like I said I have been eating like 4000 to 4500 cals a day past couple days just cause Im not gaining and truthfully those couple days I have not been keeping track daily just meal to meal putting healthy but large meals together. Examples morning oats, 12 egg whites, banana and 40 grams whey. Or dinner the other night I was really hungry which I have been a lot lately which is weird for me but quinua, corn, asparagus, TWO POUNDS OF BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN!!!! I mean really and I'm eating like this six to seven times a day. Should I just dirty bulk???? I really don't want to because its very unhealthy and I hate eating junk.

Yes you are right there my diet is not very structured but except for these past couple days I pretty much stick to 50 protein 50 carbs 10 or less fats carbs meals and 50 protein 35 fats 25 or less carb fat meals.

List your daily diet macros and totals to help start. If you don't care about LBM and want to be lazy then sure you can "dirty bulk" if that's even at term. I would just call it eating with no idea of macros or cals, which sounds like what you're already doing.

Just list your total diet and macros....

And I count cals by adding macros protein 4 cals carb 4 cals fat 9 cals. I know I'm dieting wrong because its not working that's why I'm on here.

Ok hold on a sec.

My original plan was to do 300/300/100 3300 cals which I calculated to be over maintenance by 300 cals. As I said I plan foods daily to switch it up so I can't post a specific food diet as of right now but I will do that with guidance if I have to. This is what my original diet was going to be.

Meal 1
    50 protein 75carbs 25 fat
    Meal 2
    50 protein 35 fat 25 carb
    Meal 3
    50 protein 75 carb 5 fat
    Meal 4
    50 protein 75 carb 5 fat post workout meal
    Meal 5
    50 protein 35 carb 10 fat
    Meal 6
    50 protein 0 carb 20 fat

Sorry took so long posting from my phone.

Should I plan exactly what I'm going to eat every day for the month and eat the exact same meals/foods every day? I will if that is what I have to do.

Also what would you say my cals/ macros should be at?

Quote Originally Posted by spoon69 View Post
    My original plan was to do 300/300/100 3300 cals which I calculated to be over maintenance by 300 cals. As I said I plan foods daily to switch it up so I can't post a specific food diet as of right now but I will do that with guidance if I have to. This is what my original diet was going to be.

Meal 1
    50 protein 75carbs 25 fat
    Meal 2
    50 protein 35 fat 25 carb
    Meal 3
    50 protein 75 carb 5 fat
    Meal 4
    50 protein 75 carb 5 fat post workout meal
    Meal 5
    50 protein 35 carb 10 fat
    Meal 6
    50 protein 0 carb 20 fat

Sorry took so long posting from my phone.
    Dude, this isn't your actual diet, it's like a very basic template. For example, list what you ate yesterday, every food with the total cals and macros. Do you understand what I mean when I ask this? I feel like I'm not getting through to you or something...Just trying to help man.

Here is an example of how you list a meal with macros and totals.

Meal 1

2 Cups Egg Whites - 300c 60p 0c 0f
    1 Cup Whole Oats - 300c 10p 54c 6f
    3.5oz Chicken Breast Veggies - 150c 28p 0c 3f

Totals 750c 98p 54c 9f

Ok yeah I get it. And no I couldn't do that right now especially for the past couple days because I've just be eating everything as much as I can for two days no keeping track. Before that I don't write it out I just go by a template or plan like the one listed.

So the first thing I need to do is write up a specific daily meal plan which I will do in the next couple days.
    Can you give me a basic idea of where my daily cals and macros should be to bulk so I can go by it and I'm going to send you a friend request if you don't mind so I can let you know as soon as I have a specific meal plan written and i will start a thread on it so you can help me tweak it and others can read it and maybe learn from my mistakes.

If you're not keeping track then how do you know you're eating 4000 cals or even hitting your carb and protein macros? You probably arn't which is why you arn't seeing weight changes.

Perfect, get a written plan out. If I were you, when you get the time read the stickies and when you're building your diet you can use the Bodybuilding Macro Chart stickie to help you. Any other foods you arn't sure of you can google, that's what I do.

For your stats I would start out at a 3200-3500 cal range bulk with your macros being a 40 % protein 40 % carbs and 20% fat. You can always adjust as you go. If you don't already have one I recommend buying a scale to weigh your food so you know how much you're eating.

Goodluck!

Thread Information