convalescence69 is offline Associate Member

Brassinosteroids - Mustard for Muscle

Greetings to you fine people,
    I just was reading about this new(er) research into brassinosteroids, and it has some very promising results

http://www.naturalnews.com/033810_mustard_muscle.html

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2011/10Octobe...d-muscles.aspx

Looks like Mustard has a key brassinosteroid that promotes muscle growith, limits muscle breakdown, and doesn't interfere with HTPA axis or have any androgenic side effects.
    I've been looking around to see if I could find the Homobrassinolide they used in this study, as it was a concentrated extract, which was roughly equivalent to 4grams ed for a person fo 150lbs bodyweight. Can't find it anywhere. I also don't know what the concentration of H.brassinolide is in regular mustard, or how much mustard you'd need to eat per day to achieve the same effects. Some of my numbers may be a bit off, but I am hoping someone here may have more information on the subject and can/will provide us with some links. Thanks - N
    Last edited by convalescence69; 06-08-2012 at 10:14 AM.

I posted this yesterday and NO ONE knows anything about this? Come now good people, do some digging and see if there is anymore information someone here can find for us.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Found it online. But at a price of 225 for 5 mg you can do the math on the cost of 4 grams per day.

Won't be seeing that around for some time. And I'd hate to see how much plant matter you would have to consume to equal 4g. With a price like that you can bet it takes a lot of plants to get that 5 mg they are selling

K, appreciate the searching. It's definitely something to keep an eye on over the next few years.

Thread Information