LiveFitBeFit is offline Just a banned Fat boy!

Macro breakdown! Stem and 405 get in here hopefully I got this down.

Okay guys deal with me here... I usually never counted calories and I always just ate high protein and moderate carbs and fats all day. While I did this I trained hard and always got great results. Well now I started peaking around at all these forums and everyone is talking about macronutrient breakdowns! So finally I came up with my own, after all the calculations my brain feels fried. Haha I am currently cutting up for summer! So I am in a calorie deficit.

As of this morning I weighed in and all my stats are: 21 Years old,6'1,190lbs exactly. My caloric intake for fatloss is right about 2,400 Calories.
    The breakdown comes out to:
    Protein:1,400 Calories, 350 Grams
    Carbs:600 Calories, 150 Grams
    Fats:360 Calories, 45 Grams

I know my carbs are low but I am already holding a great amount of muscle all over my body, I am just trying to get my lower abs to show up even more. I want that complete core look. I upped my cardio from LISS 2x a week, NOW I am doing HITT 2x a week on the Stationary Bike & also LISS 30min eliptical post workout after my leg day.

Looking for some feedback. My diet has been in check year round because I like to eat clean everyday and live that healthy lifestyle

** By the way, to hit my low carbs of 150g I am only consuming carbs in my first 3 meals of the day.

Breakfast=1. 1 Cup old fashioned oats, 2 Cup liquid egg whites,1Tbsp All natural 0 sugar peanut butter (from farm near by). Carbs= 54-ish grams. Protein= ~50g. Fats=7g.
    Pre-WO=2. Medium/Large Sweet Potato, 6-8oz Boneless skinless chicken breast, cup spinach/cup broccoli. Carbs=50g. Protein= ~45-50g. Fat=1-2g .
    PWO=3. 2 Scoops 100% Whey Isolate, 1 Cup old fashioned oats. Carbs=54g, Protein= 45-50g

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Personally i'd cycle my carbs, i.e. I wouldn't do 150g 7 days a week. Also, i'd drop protein and bump fats - you don't need 350g of protein. I'd drop protein to 300g max, and bump fats to 65g or so.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    1. whats ur current bf%?
    2. what does ur cutting diet consist of? lets see it.. hard to give feedback without food choices posted..
    3. if ur running strait low carb id reduce them down to 120g.. u want carbs at or less than 20% of total cals to optimize ur ability to mobilize and burn fat..
    4. agree with GB if all u need to do is get lower than where ur at and by "where ur at" i mean u can see some abs already say 10-12%bf then id carb cycle..

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback! you guys are like pros for this kinda stuff! Well I am thinking about cycling my carbs but just slightly confused on actually how to do so correctly. I did a lot of reading and research on it, just looking for some more input especially from you guys. I was thinking bumping carbs up to 200-250 on back days and also leg days. I usually do my cardio on these days as well, so it makes much more sense to raise the carbs. I am currently at about 12-13% according to the machine at my gym (LA fitness).

Thanks as always!

chek out a thread i bumped for u titled: " hey 405 what is carb cycling?"

dont think u want 2 high days per week IMO

Really appreciate you bumping that for me 405!!

How's this sound? Gonna give it a shot I just typed it all out in my iPhone notes, then copied/pasted! Hope it works!!

CARB CYCLING
    HIIT-done 2-3x per week pwo. Usually after arms and back, then Saturday.

Monday-Back/calves/Abs=moderate
    Tuesday-Chest=moderate
    Wednesday-Arms/Abs=moderate
    Thursday-Legs/Calves/Abs=High
    Friday-Shoulders/Traps=low
    Saturday-HIIT CARDIO=low
    Sunday-OFF=low

IMO ud be better to do it like this:

day1: low (cardio)
    day2: low (cardio)
    day3: low (cardio)
    day4: high
    day5: mod
    day6: mod
    day7: mod (off) (pm cardio if possible.. cut out starchy carbs after meal 3 or 4.. this will assist in ur goal of depleting muscle glycogen)

add the weights in where it fits for u and day 1 doesnt have to be a monday.. also u dont have to do cardio 4 days but IMO those are the best 4 days to do it.. heres why: the reason u do 3 days low in a row is to deplete muscle glycogen.. this will force the body to burn fat for fuel.. u want to take advantage of this state by doing am fasted cardio especially on days 2 and 3.. where ur muscle glycogen will be at its lowest.. (technically itll be at its lowest on the am of day 4 before ur refeed so if u felt inclined u could throw in a cardio session before u start ur refeed but its not necessary)..

also u want to have ur high day following ur 3 low days.. the purpose of the high day is to replenish glycogen.. this is not necessary after 3 days of moderate carbs..

also i would suggest a full body depletion workout on day 1.. 60% of ur 1 rep max (or thereabout) for 15 reps.. each rep take 2 seconds on the negative portion and 1 second on the positive.. BTW this is brutal.. id go for 6 sets per bodypart (4sets for arms and calves)... (this is a depletion style workout)..

id suggest a 3day split for the rest of the week done on ur moderate days.. id put leg day after ur refeed so day 5 (legs)

if it were me id prob do something like:
    day1: depletion total body
    day2: am fasted cardio
    day3: am fasted cardio
    day4: chest/bis
    day5: legs/tris
    day6: shoulders/back
    day7: off (possible pm cardio to help start depletion)

something like this.. u could also take off on ur high day but then ud be looking at lifting 4 days in a row.. and after 3days of lifting and knowing how tuff the depletion workout is i wouldnt suggest it..

jpowell is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    IMO ud be better to do it like this:

day1: low (cardio)
    day2: low (cardio)
    day3: low (cardio)
    day4: high
    day5: mod
    day6: mod
    day7: mod (off) (pm cardio if possible.. cut out starchy carbs after meal 3 or 4.. this will assist in ur goal of depleting muscle glycogen)

add the weights in where it fits for u and day 1 doesnt have to be a monday.. also u dont have to do cardio 4 days but IMO those are the best 4 days to do it.. heres why: the reason u do 3 days low in a row is to deplete muscle glycogen.. this will force the body to burn fat for fuel.. u want to take advantage of this state by doing am fasted cardio especially on days 2 and 3.. where ur muscle glycogen will be at its lowest.. (technically itll be at its lowest on the am of day 4 before ur refeed so if u felt inclined u could throw in a cardio session before u start ur refeed but its not necessary)..

also u want to have ur high day following ur 3 low days.. the purpose of the high day is to replenish glycogen.. this is not necessary after 3 days of moderate carbs..

also i would suggest a full body depletion workout on day 1.. 60% of ur 1 rep max (or thereabout) for 15 reps.. each rep take 2 seconds on the negative portion and 1 second on the positive.. BTW this is brutal.. id go for 6 sets per bodypart (4sets for arms and calves)... (this is a depletion style workout)..

id suggest a 3day split for the rest of the week done on ur moderate days.. id put leg day after ur refeed so day 5 (legs)

if it were me id prob do something like:
    day1: depletion total body
    day2: am fasted cardio
    day3: am fasted cardio
    day4: chest/bis
    day5: legs/tris
    day6: shoulders/back
    day7: off (possible pm cardio to help start depletion)

something like this.. u could also take off on ur high day but then ud be looking at lifting 4 days in a row.. and after 3days of lifting and knowing how tuff the depletion workout is i wouldnt suggest it..
    copying and pasting into my thread. thanks!

Hey guys! Back again.. I was curious how many grams of fats I should be having on my low carb days(50g carbs).

Thanks again!!

Thread Information