Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bert003 is offline Associate Member

Unhappy please help... quite desperate

My weight is 63 kg and I am 33 years old. My abdominals are visible and I have a moderate muscle mass. In fact I look quite lean in my opinion. Been training for 3 years now. However I cannot seem to lose my love handles whatever I do.

If I cut the carbs, I start losing muscle immediately. I have already tried this in the past. Can anyone please explain why love handles still remain there while the abs are visible? I eat about six small meals a day and do cardio 3 times a week. I train 6 days a week and keep my workouts to 45-60 minutes max.

I do squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoudler press, barbell curl etc, the most important exercises basically.

please help...

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Could you please list the macro split for each meal? Calories, proteins, carbs, fats. Also do you know what bf% do you have? Could you post a picture? How tall are you? Someone with more experience will need this things to better help you with your situation.

thanks for your reply.

I do not know the exact macro split, however with every meal I try to take between 20 to 25 grams of protein. I eat cottage cheese (200g) as a snack when I am in a hurry. I am 1.65 metres tall (not that much unfortunately). Do not know the bf% however it is surely a double figure considering that I have love handles. I eat carbs only in the morning before 12pm. Then I just limit myself to eating protein (tuna, chicken breast etc) and nuts.

Sorry have no pics at the moment. I know this is not much info, however I really need some good advice and help.

Can you at least give us the foods and amounts as best as possible of each meal you do throughout the day?

oscarjones is offline Banned
    You need to get your diet dialed in. Sounds like you're on the right track, but that last bit of fat you're trying to demolish is the more stubborn as well and will require a detailed plan to follow. Did you read the stickies at the top of the Nutrition forum? They explain, in much detail, how to go about compiling a diet based around macronutrient values for your specific body type, weight, and height. Start there, and I'm confident you'll reach your goals. Post questions along the way for guidance.

Meal 1 (breakfast): 1 weetabix with milk
    Meal 2: Wholegrain bread with ham, cheese, lettuce and cherry tomatoes
    Meal 3: Cottage cheese with banana
    GYM
    Meal 4: Cottage cheese with banana or tuna with 2 bread slices
    Meal 5: Chicken breast or tuna with broccoli
    Snacks in between mainly nuts and almonds

Yes I have taken a quick look at some stickies but am still confused where I am doing wrong

To be honest, many times I feel hungry and drink water to sort of remove the hunger and then take a bit of nuts however I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post
    You need to get your diet dialed in. Sounds like you're on the right track, but that last bit of fat you're trying to demolish is the more stubborn as well and will require a detailed plan to follow. Did you read the stickies at the top of the Nutrition forum? They explain, in much detail, how to go about compiling a diet based around macronutrient values for your specific body type, weight, and height. Start there, and I'm confident you'll reach your goals. Post questions along the way for guidance.
    What's your current bodyfat percentage? What was your body and lifestyle like prior to training? Were you ever overweight? If so, how severe, and for how long?

I have been on an insulin resistance kick lately - I believe it's an issue for me, and may be for you as well. Midsection fat is one (among many) indications of the condition.

Besides that, it could simply be your genetics. I tend to hold fat in my lower abdominals, hips, ass, and especially lower back (love handles). Even in my avy condition (roughly 9% bodyfat), I still had this issue, albeit to a lesser degree than usual. Some of us, me included, would have to get SUPER shredded to lose this, and that may mean sacrificing a bit of muscle mass. It's just the way it is. We weren't all created equal. That said, you should be able to achieve this without sacrificing too much LBM, if you're dialed in correctly AND you monitor yourself closely and adjust as needed.

Don't know bf% sorry. Do not have the tools to measure it correctly.

What is an insulin resistance kick please? Never heard of it... Those areas have always been a problem for me...

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bert003 View Post
    Meal 1 (breakfast): 1 weetabix with milk
    Meal 2: Wholegrain bread with ham, cheese, lettuce and cherry tomatoes
    Meal 3: Cottage cheese with banana
    GYM
    Meal 4: Cottage cheese with banana or tuna with 2 bread slices
    Meal 5: Chicken breast or tuna with broccoli
    Snacks in between mainly nuts and almonds
    1. ur diet has too many of the wrong carbs for cutting IMO.. if ur trying to lose stubborn fat then u really have to make solid carb choices.. oats, sweet potatoes, brn rice.. thats it! (IMO) keep ur carbs at or below 20% total daily cals..

2. google "body composition analysis" or "bod pod" in ur area.. then find a place and go get it chekd.. period..

3. taking a "quik look" at the stickies is not good enuff.. read 1. dieting 101: cutting 2. tdee

4. not tracking ur cals and macros is a poor way to run a cut.. how do u expect to have predictable results like this? who knows how many carbs and fat ur getting..

5. if ur only eating 20-25g protein per meal for 6 meals ur about 100g protein short for the day... (roughly) depending on ur bf%

6. read suggested stickies and get ur bf dun and try to post a better diet total cals and macros..

7. did i say get ur bf chekd? yes i did..

according to the stickies...

BMR = 1536.5
    TDEE = 2650.4625

This means that I burn about 2650 calories a day right? However I do not think I eat over 2650 calories a day though... So I should be on calorie deficit based on the diet I wrote.... what do you think?

probably but hard to say without macros... do the work man..

one reason u cant burn fat is cuz ur eating food that is high in sugar all day long and it causes ur body to release insulin which prohibits ur ability to mobilize fat..

So what do you suggest as a replacement for the food you wrote in bold?

thanks for all your replies btw

^^ complex carbs - oats, potatoes, rice, quinoa, grits, lentils, beans, etc.

Lean proteins without the added sugar (as in milk) - chicken breast, lean beef, lean pork, eggs/whites, fish,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^ complex carbs - oats, potatoes, rice, quinoa, grits, lentils, beans, etc.

Lean proteins without the added sugar (as in milk) - chicken breast, lean beef, lean pork, eggs/whites, fish,etc.
    Thanks. So one is not allowed to take milk as in breakfast? with oats for example...

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    Thanks. So one is not allowed to take milk as in breakfast? with oats for example...
    Milk has a lot of sugar in it and sugar is something you want to try and avoid.

Ok, so instead of milk can I take oats with water and give it 2 minutes microwave?

Will it be tasty? Because I do not want to end up eating tasteless food. Any other suggestions for a breakfast maybe? Eggs?

Oats with water are a staple for me. Sweeten with Splenda and cinnamon. You can even add a 1/2 cup berries (blueberries for instance) for a little anti-oxidant 'punch'.

jg2243 is offline Junior Member
    My morning breakfast is 6 whole eggs 3 egg whites and 1/4 oatmeal ... Full of protein,no
    Sugar, good cal and a good carb to start the day ...

jpowell is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jg2243
    My morning breakfast is 6 whole eggs 3 egg whites and 1/4 oatmeal ... Full of protein,no
    Sugar, good cal and a good carb to start the day ...
    Full of protein? Thas 36 grams a fat just n ur eggs. Ur barely eating more protein than fat. Imo.

Id switch to get 6 whites n 3whites, .5 c oats.

For my macro split, im doing 16 oz egg whites, 1c oats evry morn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Also try adding sugar free jam/fruit preserves to the oatmeal. Only 20 cals in 2 tablespoons and makes the oatmeal taste pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral
    Also try adding sugar free jam/fruit preserves to the oatmeal. Only 20 cals in 2 tablespoons and makes the oatmeal taste pretty good.
    Finding sugar stuff in the store is harder than i imagined! I hate web shopping bus u gotta pay shipping! Lol fml!

I'm almost in ketos that why I'm running high fat !!! I take in 350 of protein day ,I eat omega three eggs..plus the yolk is were all the nutrition is at .. Egg whites are ok but adding in the yolk gives you sooo many benefits.. And it doesn't cause high cholesterol...

I'm almost in ketos that why I'm running high fat !!! I take in 350 of protein day ,I eat omega three eggs..plus the yolk is were all the nutrition is at .. Egg whites are ok but adding in the yolk gives you sooo many benefits.. And it doesn't cause high cholesterol...
    Yea thas wat the stickies so. I dont eat mine simply bis of the fat content. Itl make or break your goals wen your so precise to follow everything to a t! Have you read the stickies or watched the milos videos in the stickies?!

I'll go with oats and water then. Maybe I will add some frozen berries.

Is basmati rice with tuna a good meal? Or there is maybe another type of rice which is better?

Also am I not allowed nuts because of the fat content?

Quote Originally Posted by bert003
    I'll go with oats and water then. Maybe I will add some frozen berries.

Is basmati rice with tuna a good meal? Or there is maybe another type of rice which is better?

Also am I not allowed nuts because of the fat content?
    Basmati rice is ok ive been told but alot of guys wod rec yams.

No peanuts. I used to do cashews with sea salt. Lol i had to get off bus i was eating too many. Plan it into ur macros n u shodnt have a problem.! ?

Thanks for all your help guys. Were really helpful. You made aware of many things which I did not notice (ex: sugar in milk)... never thought of it...

just one more questions... any other suggestions for a snack between meals instead of nuts then?

I think snacks are totally over rated. Plan the amount of meals you need throughout your day and eat them, i eat 8 times a day. They are composed of carbs and proteins and very little fat, to me they are just meals 1-8 not breakfast or lunch or dinner or nothing in between like snacks. Plain and simple meals design to fit my goal. Anything you eat has to be calculated so you can achieve the results you want, is a little leg work you have to do but when you see the results you will not be disappointed you did it in the first place.

We are all here for the same reason, try to learn how to eat better, look at labels and see the bad things in foods normal people dont pay attention to, and achieve better health and looks. Good luck and keep us posted, we are here to help each other out!!

My diet is in check that for sure .. Its not based of of the fat content at all .. I'm not worried about my diet is dialed in and working perfect .... I'm just try to help out with food suggestions that's all

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui
    I think snacks are totally over rated. Plan the amount of meals you need throughout your day and eat them, i eat 8 times a day. They are composed of carbs and proteins and very little fat, to me they are just meals 1-8 not breakfast or lunch or dinner or nothing in between like snacks. Plain and simple meals design to fit my goal. Anything you eat has to be calculated so you can achieve the results you want, is a little leg work you have to do but when you see the results you will not be disappointed you did it in the first place.

We are all here for the same reason, try to learn how to eat better, look at labels and see the bad things in foods normal people dont pay attention to, and achieve better health and looks. Good luck and keep us posted, we are here to help each other out!!
    Man this is how ive structured my carb cycle. No snacks but i have 5 meals. Mainly pro carbs n only fats i have are from the meats. I just eat wen its the proper time. I was gonna increase to 8 but that puts me eating literally evry 2 hrs.

Cheers guys... I guess I will need to plan 8 meals not just 6.
    I tend to be hungry every 2 hours.

Will keep you posted by time with any improvements.

Am I allowed a cheat meal once a week? Or should I follow a strict diet 24/7?

Cause I have 2 weddings coming soon and I dont want to end up not eating anything...

Ur first 14 days go strate. Then have a meal, cheat meal 50g p and some carbs contiue to watch ur fat levels. Dont b excessive. Also after that once a week will shock ur system is wat ive been told.

Thanks jpowell. Will do.

Will keep you posted. Any other suggestions are welcome...

thanks to all

i have a suggestion.. put together a diet and post it here including total cals and macros ..

have u gotten ur bf% yet?

Bf% seems to be 17%

I am planning to follow this diet:

meal 1: oats with cinnamon
    meal 2: rice with tuna
    meal 3: 200g cottage cheese
    meal 4: rice with tuna
    meal 5: chicken breast / meat
    meal 6: cottage cheese / rice with tuna

will add any other two meals if I have time to eat.

they will be similar to the above.

fruits between meals.

still have to check about calories but definitely less than 2650 if you add the calories in all the meals in my opinion.

What about taking out cottage cheese and putting in two protein shakes ... And swapping the tuna meal out for eye of round steak ... 405 wht do you think ?

What about taking out cottage cheese and putting in two protein shakes ... And swapping the tuna meal out for eye of round steak ... 405 wht do you think ?
    I wodnt nec agree with this. I wod have one shake max a day an that wod b postworkout. Cottage cheese is ok, tuna is ok, but id also add the lean steak. Id stay away from friuts also. Just my op.

No shakes sorry, used to take them in the past and was spending a lot of money... not anymore now.

I prefer to eat well rather than putting substances in my body that I do not know what they contain exactly.

As regards the fruit I meant just two small pieces (not whole fruits) of for example melon, apple or kiwi. I know they might contain some small amounts of sugar but I cannot afford not eating fruits in my opinion.

It's morning here and I just had a nice bowl of oats... Delicious

What can you tell me about pork? Is it ok to have during a cutting diet? I read it is fine however I would like your opinions pls...

Bf% seems to be 17%
    seems to be? what does that mean? where and how did u get it chekd?

I am planning to follow this diet:

meal 1: oats with cinnamon wheres the protein here?
    meal 2: rice with tuna id go with brn rice..
    meal 3: 200g cottage cheese this is fine
    meal 4: rice with tuna
    meal 5: chicken breast / meat ??? chikn and meat?
    meal 6: cottage cheese / rice with tuna id have carbs pre and post workout and not before bed.. id have protein/fat or just protein before bed

will add any other two meals if I have time to eat. 5 meals is fine.. the important thing is to hit ur macros and cals..
    they will be similar to the above.

fruits between meals. i wouldnt eat fruit while cutting

still have to check about calories but definitely less than 2650 if you add the calories in all the meals in my opinion.
    if u weigh 63kg and ur bf is @17% then ur tdee is @2350cals.. at 2650 ur gonna gain weight! did u read the suggested stickies? it doesnt appear as though if u did the info is sinking in also u need to add in green veggies like spinach, broccoli, asparagus to 3 of ur meals...

also between which 2 meals is ur workout? how much cardio u doing per week? what time u doing it? whats the duration and intensity?

Quote Originally Posted by jg2243 View Post
    the cottage cheese is fine IMO.. havent chekd macros of eye of round.. i dont eat a lot of steak (not because i dont love it cuz i do and not cuz i think its bad cuz i dont.. just dont eat it a lot.. for beef i have 96% ff ground beef.. i eat 1-2lbs of it per day).. if the eye of round is lowfat i say go for it! tuna sucks!

i dont have any shakes anymore.. all my protein comes from real food...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information