theoctavist is offline New Member

Ok, I am going to be doing my first cycle, critique my diet, ??

I have determined that the Palumbo Keto diet is a good fit for me, simply because I want to get the bodyfat down in a shorter time.

6 ft 2 , 243 currently. 35 years old. Been training all my life. workout 3 times a week(lyle mcdonald generic bulking) and 3 nights cardio(liss for 45 min to an hour each session)

I am currently using the 250+ lb plan, but I know it isn't right because I want to cut to 220 (and around 10 % bodyfat..what is the proper BF for first cycle??)

the meal plan for 250 lbs is as follows..

Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
    Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter
    Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
    Meal 6 6 whole eggs

the 200 lb plan is here

MEAL #1
    5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
    "Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
    "Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
    SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

so Im guessing I should be *in between* those two.

If I want to cut to 220 or so(actually im guessing 220..how to find my ideal weight???) what should my macros be??

I am *not* married to Keto, just like the idea because it is alleged to work faster than simple calories in/out.

Any help would be great. Want to get my BF down low so I can start my cycle and enhance my gains...

acadmia is offline Junior Member
    For the 250 Plan, i would add a little bit of vigge. Looks good other than that. I would also do carb cycle last 2 weeks on your 200 plan. Good luck

Yeah, I dont think I should follow either the 250 or the 200 as I am right in between, goal weight wise.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't have a whole lot of experience with keto but what are your total macros. Like grams of protein/carbs/fats in that whole day?

Seems like a lot of Whey protein, I would keep 1 Whey meal and have the other 2 be lean protein meals like chicken or fish.

2905 Cals 160g fat 54g carbs (13g fiber) 304g protein.

I am wondering if something more "moderate" (ie not KETO) would be beneficial. I have an active government job(very physical at times) and sometimes am very tired.

Maybe something like 3000 Calories/250 protein 90g fat?

I want to get down to 220.

here is a pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cropped pic.jpeg 
Views:	163 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	123911
    Last edited by theoctavist; 06-18-2012 at 09:34 PM.

anyone?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey man welcome to the forum.. personally im not a fan of strait keto.. ive never done it but it just seems unhealthy IMO.. i prefer cycling carbs where u actually run a similar style diet 1/2 the week and then refeed and run moderate carbs.. something like this:

day1: low (50g fibrous veg only)
    day2: low (same)
    day3: low (same)
    day4: high (250-300g carbs)
    day5: mod (150g carbs)
    day6: mod (same)
    day7: mod (same)

im not saying keto doesnt work i just prefer this method.. and it has proven to be very effective with myself.. theres a thread i can bump for u where i go into a little more detail if ud like to see it

phoenix44 is offline Associate Member
    I did the Palumbo diet and was extremely satisfied and my results were so good that about 7 guys I know have all started because of the results.
    I followed the plan to the T but my LBM is 202lbs . By the end I had added salad and a couple other things just to make it through , it was tough but I have since fell off the wagon ate dozens of doughnuts boxes of cereal and ate terribly in general, but I have not gained a pound and have actually dropped some body fat. Don't know how .
    I think it's a great diet to get you to a point but obviously your going to need a plan to maintain your weight once there and this isn't a long term solution.

well if u know how to get ur bf down and thats the goal u have do what u know how to do and come back when u get stuck

Yeah , im just trying to find the best approach. I am not a fan of crash diets, want something that is easy to maintain throughout life.

405, id love to see that carb cycling thing!! Another thing ,how does a body go about finding the ideal bodyweight for frame, etc?

I just want to get started and all the info and seemingly contrasting approaches has left my mind terribly confused!

Any others want to chime in, please do. I am a nutrition noob

chek out "hey 405 what is carb cycling?"

thanks buddy! btw, if any other members can advise about which route to go down or what is proven, I am all ears. I want to do this thing right. I want this badly

jg2243 is offline Junior Member
    @theoctavist I'm on my second week of the same meal plan it's going well for me and I feel great on it ...

Quote Originally Posted by theoctavist View Post
    Yeah , im just trying to find the best approach. I am not a fan of crash diets, want something that is easy to maintain throughout life.

405, id love to see that carb cycling thing!! Another thing ,how does a body go about finding the ideal bodyweight for frame, etc?
    i would say maintaing bf levels of 10% "easily" throughout life depends on ur definition of the term "easy".. its going to take dedication, perseverance, hard work, a fair amt of cooking, and time.. ur gonna have to keep track of cals and macros plus find time to lift and do cardio on a daily basis.. ur not gonna get to eat cheat meals (roughly) more than once or twice per week.. if this is characterized in ur head by "easy" then u wont be disappointed..

ideal weight for a frame depends on genetics and personal preference IMO.. im 5'9" and my "ideal weight" according to whoever comes up with that crap is 165lbs.. currently i weigh 195lbs.. so im considered 30lbs overweight.. however my bf% is between 10-12%..

with ur height of 6'2" id say based on my current weight, assuming we have similar frames (largish), would be somewhere between 220-230lbs.. this is all subjective though.. u will figure it out.. wat u need to do is cut down to 10%bf and see how much weight ur carrying.. then u will get an idea based on how u look how much more weight u might wanna add.. my .02

Thanks 405 and JG.

By easy I meant sustainable, not requiring esoteric food, or insane prep times, etc. Something that fits in a working lifestyle.

JG, what are your numbers, bro and your goals?

jg2243 is offline Junior Member
    Sorry been busy .. I'm 244 at the moment and shooting for 10-11% bodyfat... Once I hit that I'm hoping I look like 405 !!! Lol !! Dude is ripped Currently on TRT so I'm hoping I keep a lot of gains on the way down .. I hired Shelby Starnes to do my nutrition so not sure if all this diet will change in the future or what .. But he currently has me on the same plan as you ..

Thread Information