Wolv256 is offline Associate Member

Does the "Clean Bulk Diet" ever get any easier?

Man, I've been taking your guys advice and doing the clean bulk diet you've suggested (8 meals a day, about 500 calories over TDEE, 2 grams protein/lb of body weight, 40/40/20 percent calories. Man it's hard to eat that much. I'm doing pretty well and seeing results, but really, really starting to hate chicken breast. All I do is eat and poop. Does it ever get any easier for you guys? And I don't get why people keep saying to eat meals instead of shakes. Yes, you need to eat meals, but I don't know how I could ever reach my macros without tons of shakes, too. They just go down so much easier. I'm still eating about 2 to 2.5 lbs of either chicken breast or tri-tip per day. It's amazing how much easier two tablespoons of flax seed oil go down than a half pound of chicken breast for about the same amount of calories. Getting big is hard.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is nothing wrong with hitting about 25% of your daily protein requirement with shakes if you are bulking (or cutting). This number would be 50gr of protein from shakes if your daily protein intake requirement is 200gr, per se. I don't think that you would be flamed on this board for following such a regimen, as I have personally witnessed that only members who get 50% or more of their daily protein intake from shakes are those who are flamed.

Sticking to the scenario above, eating 150gr of protein from natural sources should not be a hard task for a lifter, as long as the subject is not over-sleeping and has an appetite that would be considered normal. Sick of eating chicken breasts and feeling full all day long? Here is my suggestion: stick to egg whites. Make an egg white omelet and make sure the amount of protein you are getting from this meal is the same as what you would be getting from chicken, per se. Egg whites are extremely easy to eat and digest, they also do not suppress your appetite as much as other ''dense'' protein sources, namely meat. Same goes for fish, it is so much easier to eat and digest 12oz of tilapia than eating and digesting 6oz of beef fillet, for instance.

Yeah man, getting big is hard. Jay Cutler hates protein too but he chugs that shit down everyday. You can also always try to switch to a nutritional regimen where your meals are larger and frequency is lower. I never eat 8 meals a day and never have in fact, regardless of whether if I am bulking or cutting, it is a ridiculously strange concept to me altogether.

Wolv256 is offline Associate Member
    Aiming for more like 400 grams protein, so trying to get about 50 grams every 2 to 3 hours. Taking about 100 grams of that in shakes, so I guess I hit your 25% right on the mark. Cook about 2 lbs of meat per day at once and eat about 8 oz of it at 4 separate times. Try to squeeze in the other proteins as egg whites, greek yogurt, or canned tuna fish. That might be overdoing it a little, but I'm not quite making all the meals either. Actually seeing results pretty quickly, it just sucks to do.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is your current BW and BF%?

JAB1 is offline Member
    Hasnt gotten much easier for me. Bite chew gag swalow repeat!!!!!

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Try adding some tilapia to replace one of the chicken meals as well as suggested the scramble/omelette. Also red meat/beef is a slower digesting protein which means it will make you fuller for a longer period of time. I do ground beef for the last meal only before going to bed. Obviously i am cutting so i am always hungry but the suggestions still apply. Give it a try and hope it gets better bud!!!

Just remember, nothing good comes easy

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolv256 View Post
    Man, I've been taking your guys advice and doing the clean bulk diet you've suggested (8 meals a day, about 500 calories over TDEE, 2 grams protein/lb of body weight, 40/40/20 percent calories. Man it's hard to eat that much.
    2g protein/lb of body weight is likely too high. What are your stats? We keep saying this over and over - most people think they need (and subsequently take in) way more protein than they actually require. I saw you saying you're aiming for 400g per day. I'll reserve judgement until I see your stats, but i'm willing to bet that's WAY higher than you need. I was 195lbs and around 9% bodyfat in my avy and never went over 250g per day. More is not better. Your body uses what it can, and the remainder is wasted and/or stored.

I'm doing pretty well and seeing results
    This would be enough to keep me on point. Imagine doing this shit for years and really seeing no results?

but really, really starting to hate chicken breast.
    Who says it has to be chicken breasts? Also, there are creative ways to eat chicken. I've been making my own Chinese restaurant style spicy chicken and broccoli with cashew nuts. Slammin!!

All I do is eat and poop. Does it ever get any easier for you guys? And I don't get why people keep saying to eat meals instead of shakes.
    Within reason, supplement with shakes if you need to.

Yes, you need to eat meals, but I don't know how I could ever reach my macros without tons of shakes, too.
    Same here.

I'm still eating about 2 to 2.5 lbs of either chicken breast or tri-tip per day. It's amazing how much easier two tablespoons of flax seed oil go down than a half pound of chicken breast for about the same amount of calories.
    You're comparing protein and fat. Not a fair comparison really.

Getting big is hard.
    No doubt! Anything worth while is hard. If getting big were easy, everybody would be walking around looking great.

Thread Information