Mental_Hernia is offline Junior Member

Is dry oatmeal bad for your stomach?

I started eating my 3/4 - 1 cup of oatmeal dry now instead of cooked. ( A spoonfull or so with a mouthful of milk or juice ) Tastes amazingly better and I dont have to add anything to it and dont have the prep time..

But, is this actually bad for your stomach and/or instestines? It kind of reminds me of feeding rice to birds, where the stuff will expand in their stomachs, ie. abosrbing other nutrients in your digestive juices ( yum! )

Anyone know anything on that?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Not bad for you at all. Ditch the milk, add the oats to your protein shake in the AM and add water.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Mental_Hernia is offline Junior Member
    No protein shakes here =/ No money and Ive read that as soon as you stop taking it you lose all your muscles from excess water ( or some crap like that )

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I've never heard that about protein powder before. I seriously doubt it. As for the uncooked oatmeal, no worries. It's safe and shouldn't cause any problems. What causes you to lose size after discontinueing protein powder is that you're not getting the same amount of protein anymore to help maintain the existing muscle. Now if you were to quit the powders but increase say egge whites or chicken or some other source of protein you shouldn't lose any size.

Thread Information