carbs and bulking diet

I have 2 quesitons.

One, I am about to start a bulking diet for a cycle. (lean). Can I eat my 280 grams of carbs (1.5 grams per pound of body weight) at 3 equal meals. Like 90 in the morning (pre workout), 90 in the post workout shake, and 90 1 hour after my pst workout shake?

Question 2:

Is it as important that my carbs are low glycemic since I am not cutting?

Milk on cereal sure would be good!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds do able depending on your body. The pre and post workout don't worry me but 90g 1 hour after post workout would be a lot of cals for me.

Pain

So could I split up my daily carb intake to 45 grams at every meal of the day? Except of course the postworkout shake, which would be 80 grams of dextrose.

I thoguht that you were supposed to eat a full meal an hour to 2 after your post workout shake?

What percnetages do you want when cycling bulking....for lean mass?

I am aiming for around 3000 cals a day to start.

40/40/20 would not be enough protein if I were to shoot for the 2grams per pound of body weight rule.

Ok, just figured it out. To get enough protein, it would have to be a 50/40/10 diet.

that would give me 375 grams of protein, 300 grams of carbs and 33 grams of fat. Does this sound right?(2997 cals a day).

I weigh just under 180, so this would give me a little room to grow before having to up the calories again. THat is if 3000 cals works good for me. I think that it will.

How is this looking so far?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    It depends on your metabolism if your body can handle 90g of carbs as a full meal an hour later go for it. There is no set percentage everyone will be different you have to find what works for you that is the fun part. Infact going by percents I think kills people they are more worried about these stupid %'s than what they are eating and when.

Pain

Thread Information